News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

xx. Charlie and the Surprise Guest

Started by Carthrat, October 26, 2010, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

01[02:42] <Kallen> The shop's closed up- business has been rather short, lately, as more kids are in a hurry to get home rather than head to the shops due to the weather, never mind the increasingly poor state of Valiance City. It seems like a day to close early in order to get some real work done. From the comfortable confines of his workshop, Charlie toils away...
01[02:42] <Kallen> ...until he is interrupted by the jarring ring of a doorbell.
[02:44] <Charlie> "Oh blast!  The jarring ring of a doorbell!  I am interrupted."  Charlie answers it!
01[02:46] <Kallen> The door swings open, revealing a spritely young lad with whom Charlie is rather familiar! "Hey, dad," he mumbles, peering up at his father's face. A backpack is slung over one shoulder, and he's wearing a white hoodie with dangling cords drooping from his neck.
[02:48] <Charlie> Charlie's face lights up with glee, which he barely tries to restrain.  "Mick!  Happy Easter!  Nice to see you here!  How's school, how's, er, your mother?"
01[02:51] <Kallen> "Schools alright," replies Mick. "Mum, uh..." He rubs the back of his head. "She's getting really crazy lately."
[02:53] <Charlie> "Oh, ah, that so?  Well, come in, sit down, let me get you some cider!  How'd you get over here?"
01[02:53] <Kallen> He gives a faint grin. "It's Christmastime, dad."
[02:55] <Charlie> "Oh!  Is it!  I could've sworn it was Memorial Day, haha!"
01[02:57] <Kallen> "I walked from school. It's not too far." Mick wanders inside Dad's house, taking in a deep breath. "Yeah, it is. Are you doing anything, pops?"
[02:59] <Charlie> "Well, not in particular, just the usual store sales.  W-why do you ask?"  Charlie stammers a bit, nervous as well.
01[02:59] <Kallen> "Just, you know. I kinda thought we could spend some time together this Christmas," replies Mick, his voice quickening a little. "I mean, we hardly see each other these days, right?"
[03:02] <Charlie> Charlie breathes and tries not to have a heart attack.  "Why - yes, yes, Michael, I'd love to.  That'd be wonderful.  Anything in particular you have in mind?" 
01[03:03] <Kallen> "I don't have anything in particular... haha, I don't know, dad. No idea," he replies, dropping his bag- it seems quite heavy, and taking a seat on a nearby sofa. "Sorry. It's kind of a mess right now."
[03:05] <Charlie> "Oh?  Hmmm... well, of course, you're welcome here anytime, as much as you want.  Something eating at you, want to talk?"
01[03:06] <Kallen> "It's kinda..." Mike fidgets in the chair. "You know. How about we just watch some TV or order a pizza or something?"
[03:08] <Charlie> "Kinda?  Sure, of course.  Turn on the pepperoni and I'll order some football?"
01[03:12] <Kallen> Mike just laughs for a moment; it sounds real and relieved, almost nostalgic. "Sure thing. You've been following this season? Jets are on a roll," he responds, quite happy to talk about one of his passions.
[03:14] <Charlie> There's obviously something on the kid's mind, but Charlie isn't about to press his luck here!  Better to wait and let him open up.  "A bit, a bit!  Good quarterback they've got, most teams seem to lack that this year."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up