News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yulia

HEY LISTEN!

Tonight DST starts for the ol' US of A. What this means is that we're an hour ahead of Eb and Cor now. That means that game times will seem to start an hour later because of this. Keep this in mind; it lasts for about two weeks. We'll work with it as best we can until we synch back up.

Merc

...Wouldn't it mean that game times will start an hour earlier for them actually?

Edit: Nvm, -we're- the ones adjusting for them~
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Right. I thought I was right, but timezones can be annoying.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

<Merc> Yuth! Since you're up, which do you prefer for motifs, light or Lifasa?
<Yuth> Why not both?
<Yuth> You saw my suggestion for a medal of honor equiv, right?
<Merc> He did, he called it the medal of final light
<Yuth> Nice.
<Merc> A combination motif could be neat too, though I'd like to use more synonyms or other light references rather than just saying "Medal of X Light"/"Order of X Light"
<Merc> Even if we kept a purely light/aurora motif.
* Yuth nods. We need to mix it up a bit
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Do we have anyone who can scribe clerical scrolls?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sylvie if all else fails, up to sixth level. I don't think there are others offhand, could be wrong but I'm too tired to check.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's grab...

-1 sorc/wiz scroll of Aura of Evasion, CL11, held by Afina
-2 cleric scrolls of Attune Form CL5, held by Jaela and Ithea each (may we not need them with Muirfinn memorizing a few of them)
-2 sorc/wiz scrolls of Antidragon Aura CL17, held by Jaela and Afina each
-3 sorc/wiz scrolls of Vision of the Omniscient Eye CL5, held by Jaela, Afina and Ithea each (it's also a druid spell so Muirfinn can memorize it, unless he prefers to UMD it from a scroll)
-3 potions of Remove Blindness, held by Afina, Ithea and Muirfinn each

How does this sound? Aurora funds will pay for it.

Ebiris

Belated posting catch up go!

Afina is fine with the army organisation given.

Likewise she's fine with the heroic Lifasan exemplars for prestigious medals. So long as all the heroes chosen represent a broad spectrum of Lifasan races.

I'll trust Jaela knows what she's doing as far as scrolls go for our trip to radiance. Out of interest, can fire elementals survive there? If so then elemental form could be handy as well.

Anastasia

They aren't damaged by the heat of Radiance, but they do have sight issues still.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dragon 325 p62 has Easy Metamagic. Does that feat exist?

Anastasia

I don't have that Dragon handy. Could you copy/paste it into here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Prerequisite is a metamagic feat. Taking it means you lower the adjustment on any single metamagic feat by 1 to a minimum of +1. So quickened fireball becomes a lvl6 spell instead of a lvl7 one.

Anastasia

I'm usually wary of metamagic decreasers like that pre-epic. I'd make it a judgment call leaning towards a solid maybe.

Okay, that's a pretty wishy-washy answer. To get to business, are you interested in it or just curious?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Vaguely interested. I do know I don't intend to pick up more than one metamagic feat so the epic improved metamagic doesn't do it for me. If there were an epic feat that lowered the adjustment level by 2-3 for a single metamagic feat of your choice, I'd be fine with it as well?

Anastasia

That's a thought. It's an interesting option for feat-compressed builds or people who don't want/don't qualify for improved or automatic metamagic.  How's this look for a quick approach to the idea?

Specialized Metamagic [Epic, Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Any one metamagic feat
Benefit: Select a metamagic feat that you possess. The level adjustment of this metamagic feat decreases by 2, to a minimum of +0.

Vs

Improved Metamagic [Epic, Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Four metamagic feats, Spellcraft 15 ranks.
Benefit: The spell slot modifier of all the character's metamagic feats is reduced by one level, to a minimum of +1. This feat has no effect on metamagic feats whose spell slot modifier is +1 or less.
Special: A character can gain this feat multiple times. The effects stack, though a character can't reduce any metamagic feat's spell slot modifier to less than +1.

Vs

Automatic Metamagic [Epic, Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Any metamagic feat, spellcraft 15 ranks, ability to cast 9th level arcane or divine magic.
Benefit: Choose a non-epic metamagic feat you possess. All of your 0, 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spells are automatically affected by this metamagic without using higher level spell slots.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you take this feat, you may either select a different metamagic you possess and apply it to your 0, 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spells or apply it to the next three levels of spells. For example, a sorcerer with Automatic Metamagic(Empowerx2) would automatically empower all spells from 0 to 6th level. This feat doesn't increase the casting time for those spells that normally become full round actions when cast in metamagic form, or for sorcerer metamagic.
<Afina> Forever.