Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 04, 2012, 07:08:02 AM
A Turning question. It's 1/2 cleric level in the house rules. Does it mean literally levels in cleric, or clerical caster levels? I'm a Favored Soul 18, for example, but my CL for Favored Soul spells is 20. What would Turning be for me, 10d6 or 9d6?

9d6. It's the total of all classes that progress turning. Caster level doesn't play into it. You know how there's a lot of PrCs that advance casting but don't advance turning? Same thing.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Nevermind on the elementite swarm for SNA. Apparently there's a specific summoning spell for them in the Spell Compendium.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Reminder about that pm that I sent Dune for the animal companion
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Tonight's todo list. Not in any particular order.

1. Review Sanctify the Wicked since Cor was curious about it.
2. Review Yuth's new animal companion in PM.
3. Add tortle reinforcements+knight detachment to army.
4. Post Knights of the Wise Convent PrC.
5. Adjust army morales for recent victory.
6. Continue to tweak spells list for NPCs.
7. Post epic Divine Oracle.
8. Finish that <beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping> dragon epic PrC already.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Reminder: You guys are level 18. Epic save progression looms, so if you want to boost your saves with a dip, now's the time.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Any chance you'll send me the #terror log remainders? I kinda paused all that stuff waiting on those.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Uh, let me add that to the list.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tonight's todo list. Not in any particular order.

1. Review Sanctify the Wicked since Cor was curious about it.
2. Review Yuth's new animal companion in PM.
3. Add tortle reinforcements+knight detachment to army.
4. Post Knights of the Wise Convent PrC.
5. Adjust army morales for recent victory.
6. Continue to tweak spells list for NPCs.
7. Post epic Divine Oracle.
8. Finish that <beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping> dragon epic PrC already.
9. Terror log fragments.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tweaked Tepen's feats to better support his changed spell list.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spell topic is finally updated for NPCs. Changelog below.

- Moved all spellcasting upkeep to this topic. I will no longer use the Tablet of Destiny to track NPC spell lists. Sometime in the next few days, links to the spells topic will be added to character sheets.

- Standardized formatting, notations and other nitpicks.

- The information provided in each block is expanded. The proper save DCs are included, as are any metamagic options as well as a notation of sources for non-SRD spells. Further, for prepared casters, spell selection themes were added. These themes are how I design NPC spell selection. These are guidelines and not absolute rules, though most spells an NPC has can be fitted into their themes.

- Fixed Misalea's level 0 bard spells. Hopefully they should stay fixed this time.

- Tepen's spell selection was adjusted for his role in Aurora. He's entirely passive due to his condition, so he has a supporting spell set to better aid that role.

- Added Summon Monster 9 to Drena's half-celestial SLAs. Forgot to update this during level ups.

- Noticed Kascha was short an 8th level spell. I'm not sure why she is, but it was fixed. She selected Mind Blank.

- Sage Vul'lath had one too many 2nd level spells and one too few 1st level spells. This was corrected.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Gisfal has concluded his interrogation and report about the Initiates of the Draconic Mysteries. The Initiate of Draconic Mysteries path is not intrinsically vile nor is it in obvious error. Any competent teacher could use what he recovered to teach the style. This provides the following options for the refugees to be trained with. This assumes they join up, of course, which is uncertain as of now.

Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries style: Grants dragon-like abilities, slow improved damage dice size, improved critical hit multiplier for unarmed attacks and ultimately the ability to take draconic form.
Master's style: You get monks who know something of several styles: War Dancer, Battle Dancer, Monk, Monk of the Enabled Hand and Shou Disciple.  He can also focus down on one path to teach them as desired.
Sylvie's style: This provides monks who know the basics and augment their abilities with magic and adaptability. While powerful, it is a demanding style and many are unsuited for it.
Stille's style: Throw everything in a pot, mix it together and hope it comes out well. Stille teaches them something of everything. You'll get a whole lot of variance and odd abilities from them with this style.

Preferences?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ebony's sheet is updated. A quick changelog is as follows:

- Ebony gained the angel, good and lawful subtypes. Her type became outsider. She gained all benefits of those changes.

- Ebony lost her human bonus feat.

- Ebony gained a +7 natural armor bonus.

- Ebony regained +1 to her physical ability scores, as age no longer weakens her. She also gained +2 wisdom due to the insights gained by her transformation.

- I didn't bother with SLAs, as her build has two spell sets already. It would just be ability bloat.

- She'll have a bit of LA to pay off this changes when she next levels up.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's just wait until it actually is certain what those guys want. We were going to give them at least a month of recovery, right?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

That was the number batted around, yes.

Up to you guys if you want to wait. At least you know your options now.
<Afina> Forever.