Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

[17:40] <Merc> roll d20+27+3 K:R+inspiration
[17:40] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+27+3 K:R+inspiration and gets 35." [d20=5]

[17:42] <Merc> roll d20+37+17 K:R Sylvie inspiration
[17:42] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+37+17 K:R Sylvie inspiration and gets 65." [d20=11]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Ulin-nar is an obscure, regional name for Tempus, God of War. Blessing of Victory is said to be a shrine hidden away somewhere in Kossuth's realm. However, Sylvie knows that isn't true, and that in fact the shrine is a small demiplane hidden away. Details beyond that are obscured, but lore puts it somewhere in the Deep Ethereal.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

We should go get Blessing of Victory inside of Aurora.

Anastasia

Still looking to expand Aurora? I was sure you guys were about to try and get Aurora over for Void, but it fizzled out IC.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Combat Commentaries! Since we've had a fair few battles lately, including chances for deeper analysis of a handful of characters, I wanna give you my thoughts on them.

Afina: Transformation's been rough, and slinging fire at devils is a difficult task. Mandatory searing+spell resistance is a bitter bitch of a combination to contend with. Longer term, Jaela's idea of dipping Marshal for +cha mod to caster level checks vs SR could help with that, but it's not an all the time solution. Getting a good weapon so you aren't quite so fire dependent strikes me as the first priority. I do like how fire immunity did at least help with devils, since it got her through the fire trap unburnt.

Jaela: Wrecked shit. This particular battle played to all her strengths and none of her weaknesses (barring the one dispel trap). Sublime Revelry is insanely good, though mostly with prep time as shown here. It does have a 1 round casting time, which makes it dicier to use in battle. Granted, this battle played to it 100% so I'm not sure how much past 'it's really good' to take away from it. Also, the flavor of it is rather odd on Jaela. Mechanically it's powerful, but I struggle with magic makes you happy juice for Jaela, all said. Anyway, that aside she broke the damage record Ithea set last night. I'm pretty sure she was doing a bunch right to do that.

Ithea: You and Sylvie both proved how good inspiration is over several encounters vs one long one. In particular Sylvie can do sick, sick, sick, sick things with it if she goes all out, though her nature doesn't play towards that. This is using a favorable interpretation of what exactly constitutes an encounter - one could break it up into segments or consider closely linked battles to be one encounter. It's about RAW I believe, but it might be a bit broken the way high/epic level factotums put away the inspiration points. Anyway, that all said, Ithea's build is solid and this reminded me why. Reach+decent damage+duskblade tricks is a good combo, and quick cast is worth its weight in gold.

Muirfinn: It's nice to see your summons pay off - yours helped save Ithea's life there, as well as occupy the blood charger. Your defensive game is great, but I'm struck that your attacks as an elemental could use a bit of a pick me up. Perhaps a few levels of monk to progress to the next tier of unarmed damage could help, if you're reasonably close to it? I do think you should've stayed in humanoid form and taken advantage of the free quickens from the Astral, though, barring the fire elemental change. Also that Hathran Mask has more than paid for itself, though yet another 20 against Ithea couldn't be helped against.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on May 29, 2012, 08:22:53 PM
Still looking to expand Aurora? I was sure you guys were about to try and get Aurora over for Void, but it fizzled out IC.
I would have, but then evil book!

Corwin

Yes, but not with shitty devil fortresses. Even pride aside, the amount of trojan horses they could've left within it just because they're devils and do it on principle made it not worth bothering with.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick check: Merc, do you work this Friday?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Corwin

This dragon is just too disgusting to deal with and if we kill him then his girlfriend will keep on sending diseased slimes to our doorstep.  :(

I changed my mind about him. Maybe Tannin can find some strong evil nongreen dragons or an evil cannibal cult that must be stopped?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay then, if you guys are deciding to leave that dragon alone, any ideas for a plan for the weekend?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm down with killing black dragons. They're motherfuckers.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

If you wanna send Tannin hunting for more dragon info that's fine, but he's currently dealing with that book thing, so it'll be a few days. Unless you wanna magically contact him and tell him to abort.
<Afina> Forever.