News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I can do that on saturday or sunday if nobody else does so.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

I'm mostly unsupervised all day Wednesday & Saturday, so I could theoretically post then too.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Up to you! I'll do it if I don't see them up whenever I get to it on the weekend.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Tentative post style sheet.

IC is in normal text.

OOC is in italics.

Dice rolls are usually done by the player as needed, though the DM reserves the right to make rolls in cases where waiting would unduly slow down the game. This is mostly for minor rolls when you aren't around, rolls that you can't fail and things like that. Generally wait for the DM to prompt you to roll and include that in the next post (I'll post telling you what to roll), though common sense exceptions are allowed. Example: Spot check to notice something. We'll get a better feel for that in time.

In non-combat, non-dangerous situations, no game statistics need to be included in your post unless I say otherwise. In a dungeon or otherwise dangerous situation, include your hit points, armor class and immunities/resistances in an OOC comment after the post. This saves me the time of looking things up and keeps things flowing smoothly. Include any relevant defenses, such as mirror image or a miss chance. In combat, include all of that as well as well as anything else relevant to the combat. Since this is unwieldy to look at each post, go ahead and spoiler box it.

I'll post a few sample posts to show how this should work shortly, then you can tell me how this works for you.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Example 1.

Rough time for a natural 1, tortle.

Muirfinn's spell causes a great tidal wave to engulf the battlefield. It leaves all washed away, save for Seira and Amaryl. How they emerged unscathed is a mystery, but they stand true. "Now!" Seira calls, "Fuuuuu-!" Amaryl points to her, as the two join, "SHION! HAH!" Before you the two become one, a massive robot that towers over you and that is surely the envy of Mechanus. As you gape at the sight before you, a kick comes right at Muirfinn's face.

> roll 1d20+73
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 83 > [d20=10]
> roll 8d10+39 that hits your posted AC of 78.
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 85 > [d10=8,1,4,7,4,9,8,5]

Pain engulfs Muirfinn as he's sent flying back, face smashed and ruined by the blow. But he slowly picks himself up as...

Ithea's next in initiative. Go Ithea.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Example 2.

Meow! Ithea can't control the gasp of fear that escapes her, before she grasps her glaive tighter. Now is not the time. She bravely tumbles in, trying to avoid the giant's stomp.

> roll 1d20+89 tumble
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 96 > [d20=7]
> I'm around, that succeeds on the CMD check, Ithea. Combine it into one post.
> roll 1d20+71 (+6 arcane strike, +2 heroism)
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 87 > [d20=16]
> Hit. Roll damage.
> roll 1d10+23+6d4+8d6
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 70 > [d10=1][d4=1,2,4,4,4,2][d6=3,3,6,2,3,2,6,4]

Ithea dodges a stomp that craters the ground behind her, coming up in a nimble leap. Her glavie hacks through the arm of the robot, magical blue fire erupting from the wound. She lands in a crouch, ready to spring up as...

[spoiler]

HP: 338/385, AC 64, 20% miss chance (blur), immunity to fire, mind-affecting. Resistance to acid, cold, electricity and sonic 30.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

That look fairly reasonable for y'all?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Looks like a pretty miserable showing for Muirfinn...
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Good, good. We'll see what the other two have to say.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Excellent. More as we get closer, sometime next week once logs are up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

As far as posting rate goes, we'll see how the first week goes and what sort of progress we make. I'll make any adjustments once we have an idea of the pace that sets us at.
<Afina> Forever.