News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 21, 2017, 11:34:04 AM
We're not due to start for over 2 hours!

(I'll post when I get home.)

Sure, sure. The point is the nagging, after all.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Notice to all PCs and NPCs: Surraruthru can now make cloth items with the Spellstoring property. They will store a single spell for up to 24 hours. Bring money to cover the cost of the materials and it shall be made. Underwear, headbands, armbands, belts, socks, ect. can all be made. This will be free for PCs and higher ranked NPCs. Tribute of sorts will be accepted from lower ranked NPCs.

Additionally, for those that wear cloth items, I can make/replace your cloth-y things with things that grant Armor Bonuses. Please refer to this post for things to be made: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1105600.html#msg1105600.

Please note that this can be for non-standard things like mount armor (Hope). Also, I can make things like gems and metals into clothing if so desired.

Edit: This includes materials from the shops, like: Wood from a nymph who fell in love with a dryad and slowly turned to wood when her love was rejected. Any weapon made of nymph's wood has a +1 enhancement bonus and grants a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma. 5,000 gold, 1 available.
We'll have to work out what size item we can make from materials like this, but I can turn them into thread/cloth without losing any of their properties.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Hey Yuth, I just have to know: Did you end up getting Chinese?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Iddy, could you post the epic weaving stuff with any revisions suggested for me? Thanks. I'll see about polishing them up from there and posting them in epic skills.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 25, 2017, 11:33:53 PM
Hey Yuth, I just have to know: Did you end up getting Chinese?
Went to a friend's actually. Got food poisoning instead.

Probably should have had Chinese.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Craft (Weaving)

TaskDC

Strengthen+10
Armored Weaving+15
Spun into Gold50
Spin Everything60
True Weaving75

Epic Weavers can make threads and items far superior to that of normal weavers.

You can add multiple effects from the following options. The increases to DC stack. For example, Strengthing and Armoring a thread would increase the DC by a total of +25.

Strengthen

You can make a thread that has increased hardness, mimicking tougher materials. This grants the items made with this thread 5 hit points per inch and hardness 5. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the hit points and hardness by 5 each time and increasing the total DC by an additional 10.

Armored Weaving

You can make a thread that grants an armor bonus, mimicking materials that armors are made out of. Doing so causes the thread to grant an additional +2 armor bonus and imposes no Arcane Spell Failure penalty or Dexterity cap. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the armor bonus by 2 each time and increasing the DC by an additional 15.

Spun into Gold

As in the legends of old, an Epic Weaver can spin mundane materials into valuable and unusual things. Normally this is depicted as spinning straw or hay into gold, which is fully within an Epic Weaver's abilities, but it can be done with nearly any material that does not have an innate hardness not exceeding 10. Doing so producing 30d6 gold's worth of thread with a DC 50 Craft (Weaving) check.

Spin Everything

Your ability to spin materials into thread has surpassed the legends and lore. You are able to spin any material into thread regardless of hardness, and the resulting thread retains the hardness, value, and properties of the base material. This process will allow you to produce 60d6 gp/day with a DC 60 Craft (Weaving) check.

True Weaving

Your ability to weave even the finest of threads leads you to a greater understanding of the fundamental patterns that underlie all of Creation. Using both your arcane talent and weaving skills, you are able to spin the threads of the Weave itself into any spell known to you and to cast it anytime within the next 10 minutes, or weave it directly into an object made of thread to be cast at a later time. To do this, you must succeed at both a DC 75 Craft (Weaving) check and a DC 75 + spell level Spellcraft check. Failure of the Spellcraft check causes the Weave to lash out at you, striking you for 2d6 x level of spell attempted.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Today's weird image: Half drowsing and dreaming of Moore being summoned by Louise of Familiar of Zero. Scary.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm feeling fairly better now. Not 100%, but a week off has let me unwind and relax. We'll be hitting things on the 3rd and seeing how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Armored Body [Epic]
Prerequisite: Armor Skin, con 25
Benefit: You gain light fortification, identical to the armor special ability of the same name. This gives you a 25% chance to negate critical hits and sneak attacks against you, as well as anything else prevented by light fortification.
Special: You can select this feat more than once. If you select it a second time, you gain moderate fortification instead of light fortification. If you select it a third time, you gain heavy fortification instead of moderate fortification. You cannot select this feat more than three times.

From random note clearing out and misc, posting it here for reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The upcoming schedule in loose terms. Obviously subject to pacing, revision and all the other fun thereof.

January-Sometime in the spring (ideally around early June): The Lifasa arc of B3. Things get settled for good.
June-July: DM downtime, recharge and planning. If you all run a small game in this, that's the timeframe to be thinking about. Roughly.
Midsimmer: Whatever I run next.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Reminder: We resume tomorrow, so be ready.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin