News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Well, Ithea and Jaela rolled planar checks on it at the end of last session. With metagame knowledge there's a goddess of entropy who probably has a suitable 'doorway to oblivion' in her realm and I can think of an Abyssal layer or two that could have something similar. The negative energy plane offers its own possibilities, perhaps the Unseelie or a subsidiary court has knowledge/control of a place where death is true and final.

Also soul-eating swords are a common staple in D&D. Afina wants one regardless for fighting devils, but for more practical execution work then I recall Pathfinder had soul-eating guillotines.

edit: If we want to be boring then plane-shifting to Avernus, couping an unlucky prisoner, then plane-shifting back works. I much prefer the inherent spectacle of other methods though. Pyschological warfare!

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 30, 2011, 03:08:20 PM
Well, Ithea and Jaela rolled planar checks on it at the end of last session. With metagame knowledge there's a goddess of entropy who probably has a suitable 'doorway to oblivion' in her realm

This may be true. Assuming that she does, getting Shar to let you do this would be no easy feat, let alone coming to this conclusion without metagame factors.

QuoteAlso soul-eating swords are a common staple in D&D. Afina wants one regardless for fighting devils, but for more practical execution work then I recall Pathfinder had soul-eating guillotines.

Actually destroying a soul is damned difficult and a different thing than permanently destroying an outsider.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Something neat and special always trumps the tried and true way of endless plane shifts to Avernus, yes. I'm sure something could exist that isn't insanely evil or Sharran? The Abyss is a good point, actually. Devils and demons hating each other just as much as they do celestials, it's reasonable that they came up with ways to permanently execute the other side. And just like that epic 'Demonslayer' Blood War feat, that knowledge doesn't have to be either inherently evil nor limited to just demons/devils fighting said Blood War.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 30, 2011, 03:17:50 PMSomething neat and special always trumps the tried and true way of endless plane shifts to Avernus, yes.

Indeed.

QuoteI'm sure something could exist that isn't insanely evil or Sharran? The Abyss is a good point, actually. Devils and demons hating each other just as much as they do celestials, it's reasonable that they came up with ways to permanently execute the other side.

It is true that devils and demons loathe each other, and remembering this is a good idea.

QuoteAnd just like that epic 'Demonslayer' Blood War feat, that knowledge doesn't have to be either inherently evil nor limited to just demons/devils fighting said Blood War.

This is true. For example, the Prosecutor epic PrC has a class feature that allows for a chance of permanent destruction of chaotic outsiders. This isn't strictly related to the Blood War, but it is relevant to what you're talking about.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm destickying a whole bunch of crap and trying to streamline things. If I desticky something you guys want stickied, say so here and I'll reverse it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It'd be useful to me if the planes manual remained stickified and if you filled in the missing planar details, say via pm or cauldron or whichever works best for you.

Anastasia

Done. What is it precisely that you want to know?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Relevant traits is the one thing I absolutely must have from you. Would you mind going over each post in that thread and either okaying the traits listed or letting me know what was missing? Like I said, PM or Cauldron each work well for this.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thanks. And let's make the 'how do we kill you guys for good?' question a permanent fixture on devil interrogations?

Anastasia

The scrap of parchment 27 has reads the following:

R'n zuizrw lu Gzmmrm.

Ru blf uzro, gsv Xsrow lu Oruzhz droo ifov levi blfi ylwrvh.

Nzmm bpm Axievqvo Abwvm!

Gwc lwv'b bpqvs bpmg kiv nwzoqdm gwc, lw gwc? Inbmz epib gwc'dm lwvm? Awum bpqvoa kiv'b jm nwzoqdmv.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

"I'm afraid of Tannin. If you fail, the Child of Lifasa will rule over your bodies."   
"Free the Spawning Stone! You don't think they can forgive you, do you? After what you've done? Some things can't be forgiven."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Cpu mpmmpcx, rwvrwx jwu argt djspc bjlpx j sjxst ucvwl.

Zmvjcc lzwdm Apiz jiks nzwu kwtwz eqbp bpm pmtx wn i aiqvb.

Urmw 21! Hsv szh 21. Urmw svi zmw 21!
<Afina> Forever.

Yulia

HEY LISTEN!!!!!!!!

Two big changes to how combat maneuvers work has been added to houserules! To clarify, these are:

- We now use pathfinder's size adjustments. These can be found here: Fine –8, Diminutive –4, Tiny –2, Small –1, Medium +0, Large +1, Huge +2, Gargantuan +4, Colossal +8. Adjust your sheets ASAP!

- One grapple per round, as suggested by Cor and seconded by Yuth.

Make sure you keep this in mind, everyone!

Anastasia

Updated the Aurora topic with notes on who spends time where around Aurora.
<Afina> Forever.