News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

1. Get apples of Idun for the sage.
2. Save Elrisa's old allies from the human-dwarf alliance.
3. Talk to Tannin. (Currently away on Ithea's latest request.)
4. Try tracking down the Limbo dragon corpses and casting speak dead on them to find hordes. You forgot to go back for them, didn't you?
5. Find out about the devils with Afina's Queen and Tepen's soul so both can be liberated.
6. Find another green dragon so you can recruit Gisfal.

Lastly:

7a. PCs get a weapon suitable for murdering Lixer.

OR

7b. Go to layer 209 and find the portal to 210.

8. Slaughter Lixer and take his stuff.

I dunno what the meat ring thing or the healer thing is about, I must have missed that. Anyway, I relisted these in order here. This will give us the most allies available to us at the time of confrontation with Lixer. I believe anyhow. (I listed the apples first because I'm working on them. You guys can ignore it. I'll do my best!)
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

The only thing to add from me is that we still haven't done any Aurora upgrades and we have a lot of money to spend on them right now. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that needs to be done.

And Yuth, the ring thing is here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1028347.html#msg1028347
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Ahh yes, that. I had forgotten.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

I didn't forget, it's just that existential angst took precedence both times and I had to try and calm people down first. If we're not doing a group thing along the lines of 'assault the Abyss' today, I can go for that.

Anyway, now that I think about it, sure why not. Looking for the dead dragons can't possibly take that long. It's 'go there, cast a few detection spells, look around, see if we get randomly encountered'. Yeah, might as well give it a try instead of later wondering if it would've worked.

4 and 7 are waiting on Tannin's return, so it's not like we can hurry it up ourselves. I can't be bothered going after 3, since like I said I believe green dragons will come after us soon enough. The Lixer-slaying weapon sort of waits on Kascha, who would get brownie points if she looks up any ways to permanently kill fiends while she's at it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Updating for today's events. Anything else?

1. Get apples of Idun for the sage.
2. Save Elrisa's old allies from the human-dwarf alliance.
3. Talk to Tannin. (Currently away on Ithea's latest request.)
4. Try tracking down the Limbo dragon corpses and casting speak dead on them to find hordes. You forgot to go back for them, didn't you?
5. Find out about the devils with Afina's Queen and Tepen's soul so both can be liberated.
6. Find another green dragon so you can recruit Gisfal.

Lastly:

7a. PCs get a weapon suitable for murdering Lixer.

OR

7b. Go to layer 209 and find the portal to 210.

8. Slaughter Lixer and take his stuff.

I dunno what the meat ring thing or the healer thing is about, I must have missed that. Anyway, I relisted these in order here. This will give us the most allies available to us at the time of confrontation with Lixer. I believe anyhow. (I listed the apples first because I'm working on them. You guys can ignore it. I'll do my best!)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 06, 2012, 07:10:28 AMAnyway, now that I think about it, sure why not. Looking for the dead dragons can't possibly take that long. It's 'go there, cast a few detection spells, look around, see if we get randomly encountered. Yeah, might as well give it a try instead of later wondering if it would've worked.

Isn't Limbo wonderful?

For the sake of edification, the ship was a random encounter. The Operator was not, though he was optional. If you remembered the dragons or didn't go back for them, no encounter. He was also avoidable. As long as you didn't mention taking the dragon corpses or provoke him he had good odds of meandering off. Ah well. At least you survived and gave Annalise something to play with.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Information I need to know: What are you guys doing with the suites? What are they used for and who lives in them?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Hell if I know! I think there was mention of Drena getting one maybe, or they were probably just there for important guests/diplomats/whatever?

I think at least in the case of the four of us, we were planning to stick with officer barracks?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Up to you guys, but let me know.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Couple more build paths if you're curious.

Kascha is currently level 14

14: Ghaele 14//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 8
15: Ghaele 15//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 9 - Feat: Skill Focus(Knowledge: Arcana)(15)
16: Ghaele 16//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 10
17: Ghaele 17//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 10/Loremaster 1
18: Ghaele 18//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 10/Loremaster 2 - Feat: Greater Spell Penetration(18)
19: Ghaele 19//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 10/Loremaster 3 - Feat: Twin Spell(L3)
20: Ghaele 20//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 10/Loremaster 4
21: Ghaele 21//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 11/Loremaster 4 - Feat: Epic Spell Capacity(21)
22: Ghaele 22//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 12/Loremaster 4
23: Ghaele 23//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 13/Loremaster 4
24: Ghaele 24//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 14/Loremaster 4 - Feat: Improved Metamagic(24)
25: Ghaele 25//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 15/Loremaster 4 - Feat: Epic Knowledge of the Wyrm(WW5)

Build continues here until she gets sick of Wyrm Wizard. Loremaster is nice but it's merely eating up levels until epic.

Hanna is currently level 14

14: Planetar 14//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 8
15: Planetar 15//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 9 - Feat: Extra Smiting(15).
16: Planetar 16//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10
17: Planetar 17//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Wonderworker 1 - Feat: Consecrate Spell (WW1)
18: Planetar 18//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Wonderworker 2 - Feats: Toughness(18), Words of Creation(WW2)
19: Planetar 19//Barbarian 6/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Wonderworker 3 - Feat: Purify Spell-Like Ability (Flame Strike)(WW3)
20: Planetar 20//Barbarian 7/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Wonderworker 3
21: Planetar 21//Barbarian 7/Champion of Gwynharwyf 11/Wonderworker 3 - Feat: Epic Spell Capacity(21)

She likely runs the table from there. More later when I figure out her feat scheme.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Merc on January 07, 2012, 01:46:05 AM
Hell if I know! I think there was mention of Drena getting one maybe, or they were probably just there for important guests/diplomats/whatever?

I think at least in the case of the four of us, we were planning to stick with officer barracks?

The suites were intended due to the chance of Gust visiting again, and the idea that other dignitaries will be coming over. Let's reserve one for him.

Dune, how many suites are there? As much as we need, basically, or is it a finite number?

And a gift for Annalise is a good result for the trip, sure. Was there a chance for me to stumble upon the ship's log or something really neat while exploring the ship?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 07, 2012, 12:58:15 PMThe suites were intended due to the chance of Gust visiting again, and the idea that other dignitaries will be coming over. Let's reserve one for him. Dune, how many suites are there? As much as we need, basically, or is it a finite number?

Thirty five. What you do with them is up to you.

QuoteAnd a gift for Annalise is a good result for the trip, sure. Was there a chance for me to stumble upon the ship's log or something really neat while exploring the ship?

That presumes there was a log to be found in the first place, or even loot to be found. That aside, there were chances for many interesting and unusual things. The 3 slaaditeers encounter was amusing, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It assumes there was someone cool to recruit! Next time~

Thirty five suites? Let's tidy up five of them for visitors (Gust and four as yet unnamed, but I'm sure dignitaries will show up as long as we don't die).

Yuthirin

NAG: Willim is seeking giant spider eggs to raise for super-awesome mounts. The more advanced the spider, the better.

Ebiris

Note, it's a DC 50 + HD of creature Handle Animal check to train a spider to be a mount. The best Handle Animal checks are shared by Crystal and Hanna at +23.