Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Additionally, Adrian still has his old sword lying around. If funds are tight, he can sell that off for the greater good of the Crusade.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I'm really excited that we know where the fairy queen is now.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 03, 2012, 12:42:27 AM
I'm really excited that we know where the fairy queen is now.

Yes. Now the trick is finding a way to get her out in one piece, not to mention the whole problem of the Child of Lifasa.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 03, 2012, 12:46:05 AM
Now the trick is finding a way to get her out in one piece

Fairies reincarnate.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cor, do you want the erinyes interrogated as normal?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also. Since the attempt to liberate Ilsenine is coming, I'd like a detailed plan. Who is participating, how and when? What spells will be used? Do you have any contingencies?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's do a different sort with them. The first form, 1A to start with, and to not leave a stone unturned. Then, the following appendix:

1a. Who do you consider to be your master?
1b. What is the cause of your loyalty to that master?

2a. Are you a deserter like Tenraalus? (if no move to part 3)
2b. What is the punishment you are expected to face for said desertion?
2c. Is there any way for you to escape said punishment?
2d. Are there any allies you might turn to for help in escaping it?

3a. Have you betrayed the True King of Hell by choosing Jaela over Tenraalus and allowing the latter to be captured? (if no move to part 4)
3b. What is the punishment you are expected to face for said desertion?
3c. Is there any way for you to escape said punishment?
3d. Are there any allies you might turn to for help in escaping it?

4a. Has following any sort of Hellish truth ever brought you happiness?

Corwin

The plan, as I understand it, is fairly simple. Here are the key points:

-We plane shift over while connected telepathically between each other and with an anchor back on the Aurora courtesy of Tepen.
-We split up, and Afina sneaks right next to Gathgorian's private quarters using invisibility, darkstalker, nondetection and the ability to phase through walls.
-Once we know she is in place, we use our information from Tenraalus to jump one of the cornugon patrols and annihilate it.
-Along with the PCs, Annalise and Hanna are on board. The latter triggers the defenses, and the 33 cornugons guarding Gathgorian's room rush towards their positions.
-Afina uses this chance to get the rest of the way inside and free/set free Ilsenine.
-Prior to this, Tylurn is contacted with instructions to betray the others for maximized chaos. My favorite option is having him instruct the lesser devils that the other cornugons are revolting and have them attack the cornugon masses from behind.

If this is generally acceptable, I will follow up on it with suggestions of spells and what not.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 04, 2012, 02:31:36 PM-We split up, and Afina sneaks right next to Gathgorian's private quarters using invisibility, darkstalker, nondetection and the ability to phase through walls.

What's the exact wall-phasing ability used here?

Quote-Once we know she is in place, we use our information from Tenraalus to jump one of the cornugon patrols and annihilate it.

An outside patrol? A patrol on the outer yard or courtyard or somewhere else?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

QuoteWhat's the exact wall-phasing ability used here?

I recall Eb talking about it. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

QuoteAn outside patrol? A patrol on the outer yard or courtyard or somewhere else?

You just told us they have patrols. But I figure with the knowledge we got, we could chance upon the outermost one and get surprise, then dispatch it with a bit of luck.

Ebiris

SHADOW FORM
Illusion (Shadow)
Level: Assassin 4, sorcerer/wizard 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Shadows rise from the ground to envelop
you. The shadows easily move with you,
guiding your steps and how to hold your
body.
While this spell is in effect, you gain
a number of benefits. The shadows
wrapping your form grant you a +4
competence bonus on Escape Artist,
Hide, and Move Silently checks. Your
shadowy form also provides you with
concealment. This shadowy concealment
is not negated by a see invisibility
spell, but a true seeing spell counteracts
the effect. Standing within the radius
of a daylight spell or in bright natural
sunlight temporarily suppresses the
concealment effect.
In addition, if you have 5 ranks in
Escape Artist, you can attempt to slip
through a solid object or barrier up to
5 feet thick with a DC 20 Escape Artist
check, though doing this ends the spell
as soon as the attempt is completed
(regardless of success). If you have 10
ranks in Escape Artist, you can attempt
to pass through an object or barrier up
to 10 feet thick. If you have 15 ranks in
Escape Artist, you can attempt to pass
through a barrier composed of magical
force (or similar magical obstacles).
Material Component: A small piece
of black cloth taken from a funeral
shroud.

With all the walls being 9 feet wide this should be feasible.

Anastasia

Okay, duly noted all around. Anything else any of you wanna add or suggest?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Maybe Hanna can grab another Heal for this over the third extended Righteous Might? A couple Crowns of Flame, too, over those castings of Greater Command, and maybe a Dispel Law. Just a suggestion.

For our precast spells:
-I can use Greater Spell Immunity on Afina to ward her from Dictum, Blasphemy, Forbiddance and Power Word Stun, since who knows what she'll find there and she would be all on her own.
-I can use Fortunate Fate, Greater Heroism and then a regular Spell Immunity on myself and on Hanna, warding us both from Unholy Blight and Order's Wrath. I intend to cast Resist Energy x5 on myself to cover me from all the elements, and I'd offer to cover Hanna for fire and electricity and Annalise for fire if they can't do it on their own or someone on the Aurora doesn't volunteer to and saves me my spells.
-I plan to also precast Turn Anathema on myself, on top of my usual precasts (Magic Vestment x1, GMW x4, Divine Insight x1), and when we prepare to take on the devils I'm likely to cast Stone Body, Crown of Flame and Shield of Faith (those last for 17min). If we have a chance to before we strike, I would like to cast Holy Transformation and Righteous Might (those last for 17 rounds).

-If it comes down to a messy melee for us all, I will probably cast Holy Aura on everyone. Another option is a Light of Purity-assisted Turning against our enemies, which will heal everyone at the same time.
-If it's more of a sniping duel, blasting away with Holy Word and Lion's Roar would be fun, or other area spells such as Radiant Assault.
-Positioning-wise, I imagine Hanna being in the center (given she would be seen as the largest threat due to their instructions) with Annalise and myself flanking her, and Willim slightly ahead. Ithea can either be by his side to get AoOs on everyone charging at us, or behind to still be able to participate due to her greater range. Up to Merc and Yuth.

Yuthirin

Willim is designed to be a meat shield. This is fine with me!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Since you're getting buffs straight ahead of time, have a paste ready for #thecauldron come game time. I'll check Hanna and Annalise's sheets tonight to see about any further buffing.
<Afina> Forever.