News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

QuoteDo any of you have access to Phantom Steed? It's bard and sor/wiz 3 and I know Annalise doesn't have it. Checking sheets none of you do, so you'd need someone like Tepen to cast it before you leave Aurora.

Only Kascha and Tepen should have it, but that's not really an issue. If we want to try it then we can make it work. For example, plane-shifting with Kascha to that warded place and then sending her back at the end, or having the steeds cast on the Aurora and then Gating to Avernus, whichever. If I'm the only one who cares about this or thinks it would be neat then we don't need to bother.

QuoteReminder: The matter of funding the diplomatic trip to Mechanus remains. Adrian offered his old sword to sell if all else fails. I want a decision here before session start, or we'll begin the session figuring it out. It's been a bit lost in the preparatory shuffle, so let's get this resolved one way or another now.

Does it really need to be decided RIGHT NOW? We're attacking Hell, and realistically it would only take a few in-game hours. Surely he can hold off for that long. If we all somehow wipe, then Adrian will just have to man up and decide on his own. I'd understand if we were taking an action that timeskips for a few weeks, but it's not really what is going on....

(and maybe we'll come across and kill someone with another expensive sword, problem solved)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 06, 2012, 02:17:07 AMDoes it really need to be decided RIGHT NOW? We're attacking Hell, and realistically it would only take a few in-game hours. Surely he can hold off for that long. If we all somehow wipe, then Adrian will just have to man up and decide on his own. I'd understand if we were taking an action that timeskips for a few weeks, but it's not really what is going on....

(and maybe we'll come across and kill someone with another expensive sword, problem solved)

If you want to wait pending that battle, that's a decision. It's up to you guys what the decision is, even if it's to wait to possibly gather money in another way. I don't want this hanging unresolved and then oh hey guys, we forgot about this!

Anyway, if your decision is to wait on this and see if this gets you booty to take care of the diplomatic expenses, that's fine.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

From my understanding we are doing this the very next day after Afina and I returned from Hell, and the whole attack shouldn't last over an hour. I'm deciding to wait a day. I don't want Adrian gone while we're all gone as well, anyway.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

If we don't have the cash on hand to finance an embassy we shouldn't be sending one out, end of story. We'll do it when we have the money.

Anastasia

Congratulations!

The Child of Lifasa is no more. Your victory is an important step towards the eventual liberation of Lifasa. Take a moment to relax and enjoy the feeling of a hard won success.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, resurrection chances for Willim. He's been dead less than a week so we use the first table. This gives a base 75% chance and the following modifiers are applied:

+10% if the deceased's death was premature or left affairs beyond. A young man's murder, a parent dying and leaving children behind to fend for themselves, a warrior with an unfinished holy quest are all fine examples. Spirits motivated above and beyond even this tend not to reach the Well of Souls, becoming ghosts instead.
-25% if a neutral but unconnected power attempts the resurrection. This applies to powers with no ties to the realm or god the deceased is going to pass onto - for example, a cleric of Mystra attempting to revive a follower of Hanali Celanil. This does not apply to friendly powers in the same group or alliance of powers at the DM's discretion: A cleric of Helm can raise a follower of Tyr just fine, for example.
-10% if the deceased is aware of his afterlife and welcomes it. This doesn't mean that he may be going to one of the Heavens, only that he's happy with his assumed final fate.

This assumes Hanna or the Jarl casts Resurrection. This gives a 50% chance of resurrection. If anything about this is wrong - you feel a modifier should apply or one listed shouldn't, or you're interested in Reincarnation(though I figured that was in jest) - say so now. Assuming not, poke me in #elysium and I'll direct you to your resurrection chance roll. Make sure I'm around, don't just roll it and assume I am. Post the results after.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quoteor you're interested in Reincarnation(though I figured that was in jest)
Reincarnate him, dammit! He wants to be an elf-troll! Or a dwarf-troll! Even an aasimar-troll!

...actually, the last one would be kind of awesome.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Angel trolls? Sure, why not?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also: If you see that I edited your sheet, Yuth, that was a mistake. I was on auto pilot and saw a typo, went to correct it and didn't realize it was a PC sheet. Was just a small spelling thing so don't worry about it. My mistake.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I'm around, hop into#elysium and we'll roll.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 06, 2012, 09:01:24 PM
Angel trolls? Sure, why not?

I'm okay with cambion and earth elemental trolls too.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Yuthirin> roll 1d100
* Hatbot --> "Yuthirin rolls 1d100 and gets 81." [1d100=81]

Willim is dead. Let us have a moment of silence for he who gave his life to ensure that the Child of Lifasa would not enslave an entire world.

Alright. Procedure here is as follows.

1. Post Willim's gear and possessions into loot, the party can sort that out themselves.
2. Remove Willim's post in PC sheets and place him here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101930.0.html
3. The question of who you want to play next is open. If there is an NPC who particularly appeals to you and is set to Autobattle=Yes, you can pick them up if you'd like. This is entirely optional and they'll gain a level immediately to match up with the other PCs.
4. Otherwise, we look at rollchar. The procedure is the same as before, as detailed here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101724.0.html In addition, your starting gold is now 260,000 gold.
5. Once you !rollchar, post your results and chosen set in here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101723.0.html
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Can the moonflight thing be harvested from Willim's corpse? Do we need to visit Mistfall if it is possible? Knowledge check about that?

*pats Yuth also* >_>
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.