News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 10, 2012, 07:35:18 AM
Any chance I can convince you to drop the feat tax on Sudden Quicken so it only requires Quicken?

Yeah, I'm fine with that. I'll rewrite it this weekend, it's hideously overpriced.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 10, 2012, 07:05:19 AM
2 waits on you. Basically, as soon as Tannin is back with the info.
7 can go on their way, Dana is financing the expedition.
For 5, I think that my transmuting weapon should do the trick.

Yes, as soon as he returns; duly noted and make sure to detect the cost of the expedition in loot along with the figure given so I'm clear on it; okay then, I'll remove that one.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 10, 2012, 12:28:43 AM
<Afina> Bad news on the traitors.
<Afina> They're unsummonable.
<Ithea> Laaaame
<Ithea> I'll want to hunt down survivors from my side of town then. I figured most of them just settled and made a new life for themselves so I wasn't going to bug them about joining the crusade/liberation front, but maybe someone there knows something about our catfolk traitor.

Dunno if you want me to have to find them or if I have a rough idea of where they might be, if they settled on whatever prime people from my area of Lifasa fled to or if they just kept world hopping like I did, etc.

By your side of town you mean more catfolk, right? Okay, reading your profile I'd assume you'd have an idea. The catfolk survivors of your world decided to search for another world or place to call home. If you need to contact them, magic would be the best way. Sending to an individual you know or divinations to try and find them + teleportation or what have you could all work.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

1. Get apples of Idun for the sage.
2. Save Elrisa's old allies from the human-dwarf alliance.
3. Find out about the devils so Tepen's soul can be liberated.
4. Find another green dragon so you can recruit Gisfal.
5. Slaughter Lixer and take his stuff.
6. Mechanus delegation, pending some cash.
7. Gather information on the nine traitors of Lifasa and bring them to justice.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yuth's sheet is done or almost done, so it's audit time.

Re: Faith. What's Mother Ocean?

Init is at +10 ,but I only see a +5 dex modifier. Where do the other 5 points come from?

Mighty Shapeshift isn't officially a feat yet, but it'll probably stick around so it's fine to have.

Add Endurance to your feat list along with the other feats, instead of having it segmented off under racial powers.

No trapsense. Rogues automatically get the penetrating strike ACF in this game, unless you'd like to switch that back out for trapsense anyway?

Note how many times per day you can Stunning Fist and the DC for it?

Backstory looks good enough. Other PCs, any comments on it or ways to hook it in better? I give you guys some lassitude in this sort of thing, so by all means feel free to chime in suggestions. I'd prefer a smooth integration of the new PC, as much as possible.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Suggestions on introducing Yuth's character to us, you mean?

1) When I go hunting for other catfolk for info, we could find Yuth there and possibly some others who might want to fight after hearing of Aurora

2) Whenever we go resolve the apple/love quest thing, he can pop in when the pixies try to  kidnap Jessica and ruin the whole thing. Yuth would carry the fine tradition of making cats facepalm that way, I'm sure.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 10, 2012, 08:04:31 PM
Yuth's sheet is done or almost done, so it's audit time.

Re: Faith. What's Mother Ocean?

Tortles are spiritual creatures. They worship Mother Ocean, the protector: Father Earth, the life-bringer, Brother Shell, the warrior; and Sister Grain, the patron of farmers and fertility. The typical tortle hut contains a seashell shrine dedicated to at least one of these deities. The domains to which these deities can grant access are given on the following table.

Deity   Domains
Mother Ocean   Good, Healing, Protection, Water
Father Earth   Animal, Earth, Good, Strength
Brother Shell   Destruction, Fire, War
Sister Grain    Air, Plant, Sun

QuoteInit is at +10 ,but I only see a +5 dex modifier. Where do the other 5 points come from?

Quarterstaff has the Warning special property from MIC. In hindsight, I should have asked you about it. All it does is provide +5 to initiative checks. Cost is +1.

QuoteNo trapsense. Rogues automatically get the penetrating strike ACF in this game, unless you'd like to switch that back out for trapsense anyway?

Must've missed that, I'll correct it.

QuoteNote how many times per day you can Stunning Fist and the DC for it?

Sure.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 10, 2012, 10:18:45 PMTortles are spiritual creatures. They worship Mother Ocean, the protector: Father Earth, the life-bringer, Brother Shell, the warrior; and Sister Grain, the patron of farmers and fertility. The typical tortle hut contains a seashell shrine dedicated to at least one of these deities. The domains to which these deities can grant access are given on the following table.

Deity   Domains
Mother Ocean   Good, Healing, Protection, Water
Father Earth   Animal, Earth, Good, Strength
Brother Shell   Destruction, Fire, War
Sister Grain    Air, Plant, Sun

Cosmologically, I'd interpret these as views of the various deities of the House of Nature - Lathander, Silvanus, Chauntea, Mielikki, Eldath and so forth. This happens a lot on various prime worlds; deities are called one thing but it's all the same powers adapted to the area's history and culture. For example, remember Jannath from Balmuria 2, the deity Janson and Aralla revered? Jannath is one such manifestation of that; Jannath is Chauntea worshiped in a more primal fashion with a strong tinge of earth mother/matriarchal views. In particular, this faith feels entirely nature-oriented, so the House of Nature is a natural fit.

Mechanically, if you have animal devotion, you need to revere a deity who offers the animal domain.

QuoteQuarterstaff has the Warning special property from MIC. In hindsight, I should have asked you about it. All it does is provide +5 to initiative checks. Cost is +1.

Okay.

I thought I ruled on the Warning property awhile back but I can't find any mention of it. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

ACF Check!

-I noticed you didn't pick up any ACFs. No interest in them? Huge Water Elemental (Complete Mage pg 33, animal companion ACF) vs Dire Tiger is an option that I dunno if that might look interesting/thematic for you. Has more health and AC, and comes with improved evasion/link/devotion which the tiger doesn't. This could also potentially allow you to trade Handle Animal for Gather Information (as per the cityscape ACF), since you seem to want to put high ranks there, since you don't need to teach it tricks. The elemental won't improve past that point though, while the dire tiger would slowly pick up some of those special abilities, HD and armor.

Hoping you could get it to scale with level, because that would be super keen. Thematic AND delicious.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 10, 2012, 10:37:28 PM
ACF Check!

-I noticed you didn't pick up any ACFs. No interest in them? Huge Water Elemental (Complete Mage pg 33, animal companion ACF) vs Dire Tiger is an option that I dunno if that might look interesting/thematic for you. Has more health and AC, and comes with improved evasion/link/devotion which the tiger doesn't. This could also potentially allow you to trade Handle Animal for Gather Information (as per the cityscape ACF), since you seem to want to put high ranks there, since you don't need to teach it tricks. The elemental won't improve past that point though, while the dire tiger would slowly pick up some of those special abilities, HD and armor.

Hoping you could get it to scale with level, because that would be super keen. Thematic AND delicious.

It would probably have some form of advancement in epic, like any other animal companion. I'd probably just have it start gaining normal animal companion benefits at level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter - +2 HD, +2 natural armor, +1 str/dex.

I'm fine with the ACF, as it's thematic and makes sense for you.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

As an aside regarding the elemental companion, it actually does scale, as it does pick up animal companion's special abilities (excepting multiattack), it just doesn't pick up the tricks/HD/armor/str/dex. Instead it grows in bursts every couple of levels.

If you wanted to take it into epic, since it increases in size every 6 levels (or gets improvements then if you choose not to increase it's size), that's a consistent scale of reference that Dune might want to use.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Mmm, that's true. It has two more bursts possible - greater and elder. (Not counting something epic like a primal elemental) That's a problem later into epic, but eh. Can be worked out either way.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Corwin

Per your request~

Quote from: Anastasia on February 09, 2012, 03:36:01 AM
Notes from around the horn:

Erinyes interrogations will be done tomorrow. I just didn't have it in me for whatever reason. If they aren't, Cor, kindly remind me until I do it.

Quote from: Anastasia on February 10, 2012, 07:38:53 PM
Quote from: Corwin on February 10, 2012, 07:35:18 AM
Any chance I can convince you to drop the feat tax on Sudden Quicken so it only requires Quicken?

Yeah, I'm fine with that. I'll rewrite it this weekend, it's hideously overpriced.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Is it alright if I remove the Bloodletting Peak questions from the devil questionnaires now?
<Afina> Forever.