News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Make an int check on the catfolk, then. If you have ranks in K:A you can make it for Yian the dragon and K:N allows for Willah the nymph.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+6+2 (Int-check, with cunning knowledge for catfolk) and gets 13." [d20=5]

Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+28+2 (K:A, with cunning knowledge for dragon) and gets 50." [d20=20]

Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+21+2 (K:N, with cunning knowledge for nymph) and gets 24." [d20=1]

Add +5 to all of those if collector of stories applies.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Ithea has yeard of Yian. A sour red dragon with a penchant for servants and solitude, he had little to no role in Lifasa for hundreds of years before the fall. Of note, Ithea recalls that he had a monastery of monkly devotees and servants, and was said to train them in humanoid form. A dragon with martial arts just isn't fair, dammit. His devotees were/are known as the Initiates of the Draconic Mysteries.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Any way to find out if the monks were betrayed and died/captured/fled same as everyone else, or if they left with their master and still follow him?

Anastasia

Good question! Tannin could look into this once he's back, if you like. He's currently investigating Glitterrock.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Ithea> When we get into epic, I need to make/get an evasion based feat that allows me to evade into damage to save someone who fails their evasion roll and get a morale bonus out of taking damage that would have killed the other person. Ithea has got to be getting a complex out of this.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop nods.
<Infinite_Ko_Loop> Yes, no kidding. Make a not eof that in nagging.
<Ithea> I'd say pre-epic, but that sort of thing sounds epic feat level honestly.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 15, 2012, 03:42:41 PM
<Ithea> When we get into epic, I need to make/get an evasion based feat that allows me to evade into damage to save someone who fails their evasion roll and get a morale bonus out of taking damage that would have killed the other person. Ithea has got to be getting a complex out of this.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop nods.
<Infinite_Ko_Loop> Yes, no kidding. Make a not eof that in nagging.
<Ithea> I'd say pre-epic, but that sort of thing sounds epic feat level honestly.

Keep that in mind and remind me. I'll see what I can come up with.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tom needs a resurrection. His base roll is 75%.

+10 for leaving affairs behind.
-25 for a neutral power.

Odds of 60%.

> roll 1d100 vs 60%
* Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 1d100 vs 60% and gets 80." [1d100=80]

Tom is off to kitty heaven, I'm afraid.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Was the solar's name "Jerry"?

Anastasia

No. I'm almost tempted now, but no.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Alas.

[14:55] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+29 and gets 35."12 [1d20=6]

For info on Willah
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Some stuff I bugged Dune about, and listed here for posterity:

Divine Metamagic ACF from Complete Mage is not eligible.

Items-wise:

SRD: Bead of Karma, Orange Ioun Stone are okay.
CC: Periapt of Redemption p140, Special Holy Symbol/Silver Badge of Corellon Larethian (now Silver Badge of Angharradh) p134 are okay.
MIC: Boots of Temporal Acceleration p79 were priced at x2 listed price.

I'd like opinions on the following items:

CC: Helm of Righteous War p139, Blade of Righteous War (can it be a spear?) p137, Bastion of Righteous War p136 need vetting. They're so cool!
MIC: Armbands of Might p72, Belt of Battle p73, Boots of the Battle Charge p76, Bracers of Opportunity p81, Circlet of Rapid Casting p86, Counterstrike Bracers p90, Crystal Mask of Dread p91, Crystal Mask of Knowledge p90, Crystal Mask of Languages p90 (these can come in Eyepatch of Power form, right?), Dispelling Cord p94 (a counterspell item!), Greatreach Bracers p108-109, Quicksilver Boots p119, Reciprocal Bracers p120, Reliquary Holy Symbol p120-121, Torc of Displacement p143, Torc of Heroic Sacrifice p143, Torc of the Titans p143, Transposer Cloak p144, Vampiric Torc p144-145.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Helm of Righteous War is fine on paper, though it strikes me as being a bit on the underpriced side. I'll crunch the numbers later and see. The blade strikes me as being overpriced instead - is a turn for +4 on crit confirms really worth over 8k gold? The Bastion is probably okay - I'd really like to see how they came to the price of it though - but it's not particularly objectionable. In any case I don't really have any problem with the set overall. God only knows you're pulling your turn undead pool four or five different ways now. Edit: They'll work at face value for pricing. They're all some manner of off, but I think they cancel out together.

Note that all MIC things are assumed to have a x2 price multiplier unless said otherwise.

Armbands of Might are fine.

No to the Belt of Battle, don't really want to start handing out charged items that grant immediate extra turns like that.

Bracers of Opportunity are fine, though combo so well with your build that it gets an eyebrow raised.

No to the circlet of rapid casting, same reasons as I discourage rods of quicken spell.

Counterstrike bracers are fine.

Crystal Mask of Dread is fine. In fact, it's actually priced correctly so the price isn't doubled.! Amazing.

Crystal Mask of Knowledge is likewise fine and doesn't double its price.

Crystal Mask of Languages is fine.

Yes, they can come in eyepatch form - they'd take up the same face slot as the crystal masks.

Dispelling Cord is fine.

Greatreach Bracers are fine.

No on Quicksilver boots - they look like a buyable travel devotion, let's not do that.

Reciprocal bracers are fine.

No to the Reliquary Holy Symbol. It's not a bad item, but it's too close to Nightstick shenanigans for my tastes.

Torc of Displacement is fine.

Torc of Sacrifice is fine. Note that I'll follow the intent of the item - the damage you take is non-typed damage you can't avoid or negate, even to the point of counting as lethal damage if you have regeneration.

Torc of the Titans is fine, but probably some shade or another of underpriced, beyond even normal MIC means. I'll do some math on that one, but +5 morale for 3,300 strikes me as way out of line. Even 6,600 doesn't feel right.

Transposer cloak is fine.

I'm going to say no to the Vampire Torc for now. The problem is that getting HP of physical attacks is hard to balance, I'd really need to take a look at it before committing to anything.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

So, theoretically, if I wanted to make Bracers of Battle they would go like this?

Bracers of Battle: Armbands of Might p72 [4,100gp x2], Bracers of Opportunity p81 [2,300gp x2], Counterstrike Bracers p90 [2,500gp x2], Greatreach Bracers p108-109 [2,000gp x2], Reciprocal Bracers p120 [5,000gp x2]

5,000x2 + 2,000x2x1.5 + 2,500x2x1.5 + 2,300x2x1.5 + 4,100x2x1.5 = 10,000 + 6,000 + 7,500 + 6,900 + 12,300 = 42,700gp => 18,174.5gp (Afina crafting, 15% discount)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'd have to check the math but that looks right. Someone's going to want multiaction once epic rolls 'round.
<Afina> Forever.