News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on March 04, 2012, 07:49:06 PM
Alrighty. I'll bug you again in a week if I haven't heard~

Other ACF options:
-Let her add Int to her Con/Wis/Cha skills, not just Str/Dex?
-Spend inspiration to naturally let her take 13 (taking 10 is boring!) on a skill roll, regardless of situation? (And she'd still be able to boost it through cunning knowledge as well)
-Since factotum learn a little bit of everything and have arcane/divine-flavored abilities, something that grants psionic/incarnum-flavored abilities?

Second is redundant with Exemplar rather horribly, and probably not good enough to justify the trade off in the first place. Third runs into the problem of adding yet more things to keep up with her. I like the first a lot - I need to review it to make sure it doesn't have any broken or stupid application - but it's probably the best of the lot and I'll run with it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Anyone see anything grossly wrong or abusable here?

Alternate Class Feature: Brains Over Everything

Not content with merely outthinking athletics, you apply your formidable intellect to myriad pursuits.

Class: Factotum

Level: 16th.

Replaces: If you select this alternate class feature, you do not gain improved cunning defense.

Benefit: You gain your Intelligence bonus to skill checks based on Wisdom, Charisma and Constitution.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I don't think it's a problem.

It does boost 8 of her skills by +12, and pretty much means she makes all of her untrained check at +12 minimum because of Jack of all Trades, but she's focused on upping her intelligence and her build is centered around skills, so I think it's fine for a high level ability.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101739.msg1029548.html#msg1029548

This post now has information about what constitutes an epic magical item. Remember that epic magical items are not artifacts. The only serious change from the ELH are that skill boosters are capped at +15 instead of +30.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Per your request, reposting this.

SC has Hand of the Faithful (page 109), and I wanted to know if it could be Permanency'd. And if so, whether it could be suppressed at will, much like SR is handled, since it'd be pretty annoying to other people outside of any fight.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

Haven't really thought about its balance/level (waiting at doc on phone), but one thing stood out for me. The damage is weird for a level 9 spell. Its scale means it'd reach its max damage before you'd get access to the spell. Either make it a flat 15d6 or something like 5d6+1d6/2 levels and then set a maximum of 15d6 dmg.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 05, 2012, 04:32:29 AM
Per your request, reposting this.

SC has Hand of the Faithful (page 109), and I wanted to know if it could be Permanency'd. And if so, whether it could be suppressed at will, much like SR is handled, since it'd be pretty annoying to other people outside of any fight.

One question - where precisely are you planning on casting this? I got the impression you wanted it on yourself, but it's a spell that targets a point in space.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick question for Yuth: How many tortles are there? I had it in my notes but I can't find it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Somewhat less than fifty. I believe I said 43, including Kole and myself.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay. Tentative heads up. I'm thinking of running 5 days per week: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and two other days TBA. Of the remaining days, which two do each of you prefer? I'm aware Saturday isn't best for Eb/Cor due to GF and may require some misses there, likewise I know Friday is every other for Merc coming up and Yuth is a question mark there.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Saturday would HAVE to afternoon for me. There is no compromise on my part for that. I can't get out of Saturdays.

Anastasia

How late in the afternoon?
<Afina> Forever.