Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 05, 2012, 01:46:58 PM
The original spell was cast on you! Magic of Faerun p100, to be more specific.

I think I agree with the SC's revision of it - a long term, mobile barrier of non-entry that hits those that try and fail with status? Isn't a good spell as designed. I have no problem with the SC version being permanent on a space or object, but not as a personal, mobile anti-contact field. I mean, the only other spell that I can think of that does something like that is some versions of the 8th level aura spells. Holy Aura blinds for a round on a successful hit - not coming near, but a successful hit.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

I have no set schedule, so pick whatever days suit other people.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 05, 2012, 06:44:06 PM
I have no set schedule, so pick whatever days suit other people.

Noted, thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's 1am now, and we usually run till 11pm. Whatever afternoon for you guys might be, 11pm for me sets the ending time. Day-wise, no real preference.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, thanks Cor. Yuth? Any preference on the remaining days?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are the best for me. Saturdays will work for me, but only after I get home from work, at around 12:30 CST. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have work from 9am-5pm CST, though if I'm SNEAKY, I can game like I did today. This is hit or miss, as a lot of days I spend most of my time in a vehicle, able to make forum posts and that's it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, duly noted. Thanks Yuth. More information to be forthcoming tonight.

---

Tepen's updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tentative schedule is as follows. If you have problems with this or any comments, speak up now. It won't go into effect until Merc starts work.

Monday: OFF.
Tuesday: Normal session. Works good for everyone but Merc.
Wednesday: OFF.
Thursday: Normal session. Works good for everyone but Merc.
Friday: Normal session. Works good for everyone but Yuth (and Merc every other week).
Saturday: Normal session. This day has some conflict issues with GF but I feel it's best not to waste a day where everyone could be available.
Sunday: Normal session. No one has much else conflicting on Sundays (until football season, worry about that in 5 months), so let's use this day as much as possible.

Mondays and Wednesdays may be used for little things at my discretion. Depends if I need downtime or want a day off. For Merc and/or Yuth things, evening sessions are viable until I get employment, should that help ease congestion and timing concerns.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

It does mean we're going to be a bit more stuck with the usual splits of Yuth/me and Eb/Cor, even though you wanted us mixing up more, but oh well. Being able to keep playing would be awesome if it's workable.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Ironic how that works, but you gotta work with what you have to work with.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Canderella posted. She leveled up to 16 as a result of her adventure with Afina and Jaela. She doesn't technically qualify for Stormcaster due to not having access to Gust of Wind, but I gave her a pass on it. She learns enough storm based magic where I feel it's thematically appropriate to give this one a pass on a single spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Vul'lath'll be posted tomorrow night sometime, too busy to finish him up tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Can someone finance the anti-vermin incantations? I can handle the price of components on my room, but the outer gate, fortress gate, main portal chamber and the Triune temple are sadly out of reach.

Ebiris

That kind of stuff can surely come out of the Aurora budget.

Corwin

If guardinals don't exist, can you please post what I could summon instead with Summon Monster (celestials only) at the relevant levels?