Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Yuthirin_ rolls 1d20+9+1 wisdom check? and gets 24." [1d20=14
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Internal Power, the answer to magic

This book is a deep elaboration of the natural forces that reside in each and every person. It titles them psionics and elaborates on the roll of them in each person's lives. This book is a primer to unleashing the bare bones of it, crafted to allow a single person to gain this benefit. Muirfinn is able to control himself and not expend the book. By reading this book, a single person can gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Cool. Anyone want Brain Power? If nobody feels a burning need, I'll take it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Anyone? Not even Dana or Morniel or Sylvie or...anybody? Really?

Merc

I'm not really interested in psionics stuff, so I know too little to care!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

I think only Dana actually has psionics? For myself, I prefer divine-themed powers over this heresy.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Morniel has psionics as well, Cor.

Dana'll take it if it's freely offered. If not, feel free. Up to you - two power points would be nice for her but not critical.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

General heads up - tomorrow's a day off. I have some things going on top of it so I won't be around steadily. Moreover, when I am around, I'll probably be working on DM work and clearing my backlog further. If you need DM stuff from me, post it in here. Don't PM me on IRC unless I PM you first - I won't be paying attention.

I have a mix of high work volume and a low productive output lately. It's been slowly clearing, but I'm still behind. It happens occasionally, so bear with me.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Progress.

1. Devil reports from captives of the Battle of Mala's Treachery.
2. Look over craft golem options/talk to Eb about it since he's planning things there.
3. Add new medal and unit structure into topics/consider new Aurora topics and some reorganization there.
4. Redo magic section of house rules since Cor keeps mentioning it. It's happening, just been buried and low productivity lately.
5. Revise/check over spells posted in PC spells.
6. Epic Beguiler+some mechanical odds and ends there. Low priority.
7. Get Baleruk a really good chew toy.
8. Shapeshifter feats.
9. Review new PrC PM.
10. Work on new PrC and polish it up.
11. Aurora topic update.
12. Magic section. No really, since I started it and got derailed. Sigh.
13. Look at Owl's Insight.
14. Look at spells below.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Requesting when you have time. This is not a priority.

Phantom Stag, Spell Compendium
Phantom Bear, Spell Compendium
Stonehold, Spell Compendium

Anastasia

Beta. If you have comments get 'em in now.

Shapeshift feats:
Spoiler: ShowHide

These should be familiar. Comments on them welcome.

Frozen Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Base fortitude save+6, shapeshift ability
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on an icy appearance, as if partially made of ice. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the cold subtype, granting them immunity to cold and vulnerability to fire. In addition, your natural attacks in shapeshift form deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form with immunity to fire or composed of fire, such as the fire elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Burning Shapeshift feat.

Deep Chill [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Frozen Shapeshift
Benefit: Your natural attacks while shapeshifted are so cold that they render foes numb, unable to effectively act. Any opponent stricken by your natural attacks and who takes cold damage from it must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 hd + con modifier) or be slowed for 1 round, ending at the start of your next turn. An opponent can only be affected by this power once per round.

Burning Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a burning appearance, as if partially made of fire. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the fire subtype, granting them immunity to fire and vulnerability to cold. In addition, your natural attacks set opponents on fire unless they pass a reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + con modifier). This follows all the rules for being set on fire, except that the reflex save DC to extinguish the fire is the same DC as above.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form with immunity to cold or composed of ice or water, such as the water elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Frozen Shapeshift feat.

Blistering Fires [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Burning Shapeshift
Benefit: Foes set on fire by your natural attacks find themselves so pained that they cannot effectively defend themselves. As long as they are on fire, they suffer a -4 penalty to armor class and saving throws.

Earthen Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Base fortitude save+6, shapeshift ability.
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a rocky appearance, as if partially made of stone. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the earth subtype, granting them a burrow speed of 15ft. In addition, your natural attacks count as adamantine to overcome damage reduction.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form composed of air, such as the air elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Airy Shapeshift feat.

Airy Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a airy appearance, as if partially made of wind. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the air subtype, granting them a fly speed of 30ft (perfect). In addition, your gain the benefit of the Weapon Finesse feat while shapeshifted.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form composed of earth, such as the earth elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Earthen Shapeshift feat.

Exalted Shapeshift [Exalted, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability.
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a glorious appearance, as if from the Heavens Above. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the benefits of the celestial template. For the sake of the smite evil ability, you may only use this once per day, no matter how many times you shapeshift.

Vile Shapeshift [Shapeshift, Vile]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a fiendish appearance, as if from the Depths Below. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the benefits of the fiendish template. For the sake of the smite good ability, you may only use this once per day, no matter how many times you shapeshift.

Mighty Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: The enhancement bonuses to strength from your shapeshift ability rise by two. This applies to all forms; for example, your predator form now has a +6 enhancement bonus to strength and your aerial form has a +4 enhancement bonus to strength.

Epic Shapeshift feats:

Epic shapeshift feats come in two flavors. There are feats that affect every form. These benefits are useful but not overly potent. Feats focused on a single form are much more powerful. This sets up a good structure to make more feats with.

Sharp Nose [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, wis 19
Benefit: Your nose is as sharp as that of any predator. All of your shapeshift forms gain the scent special ability.

Wild Ferocity [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Mighty Shapeshift, wis 21
Benefit: The natural attacks of your shapeshift forms rise in power. The die size of each of your natural attacks while shapeshifted increase by one step. A d4 becomes a d6, a d6 becomes a d8, a d8 becomes a d10, and a d10 becomes a d12. A d12 does not increase in size.

Eagle Eye [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Skill Focus or Epic Skill Focus (Spot), wis 25
Benefit: Your eyes are as keen as an eagle's. All of your shapeshift forms gain the low-light vision special quality, as well as a +8 racial bonus to spot checks.

Improved Predator Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Predator form with mobility, wis 19
Benefit: Your predator form evolves, gaining greater powers. While in predator form, the bonuses to strength and natural armor rises by 4, and your land speed rises to 80ft. Further, you gain the benefits of the Spring Attack feat when in predator form.

Improved Aerial Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Aerial form with flyby attack, wis 21
Benefit: Your Aerial form improves, granting you new abilities and improved capacities. While in aerial form, the bonuses to strength and reflex saves rises by 4, and your fly speed rises to 70ft (good). Further, you gain the benefits of the Improved Flyby Attack feat when in aerial form.

Improved Ferocious Slayer Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Ferocious Slayer form with improved critical, wis 23
Benefit: Your Ferocious Slayer form becomes stronger. While in Ferocious Slayer form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves and natural armor rises by 4. Further, you gain the benefits of the Power Critical feat when in Ferocious Slayer form.

Improved Forest Avenger Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Forest Avenger form with damage reduction 5/slashing, wis 25
Benefit: Your Forest Avenger form becomes even more potent, like the greatest redwoods. While in Forest Avenger form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves, will saves and natural armor rises by 4. Further, your damage reduction in Forest Avenger form rises to 10/slashing.

Improved Elemental Fury Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Elemental Fury form with great cleave, wis 27
Benefit: Your Elemental Fury form gains even greater powers. While in Elemental Fury form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves, reflex saves, will saves and natural armor rise by 4.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 19, 2012, 02:45:07 PM
Requesting when you have time. This is not a priority.

Phantom Stag, Spell Compendium
Phantom Bear, Spell Compendium
Stonehold, Spell Compendium

These are all fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

QuoteLightblood Stone: An extraordinarily rare stone said to be mined from the pulsing veins of Elysium is now in stock! There is only enough for one suit of armor for a medium creature, so come now if you're interested! This is a deal that only happens once in a millennium! (Price to be announced on arrival.)

Armor?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yes, one suit of armor. What about it?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on March 19, 2012, 03:06:59 PM
Beta. If you have comments get 'em in now.

Shapeshift feats:

These should be familiar. Comments on them welcome.

Frozen Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on an icy appearance, as if partially made of ice. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the cold subtype, granting them immunity to cold and vulnerability to fire. In addition, your natural attacks in shapeshift form deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form with immunity to fire or composed of fire, such as the fire elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Burning Shapeshift feat.

Deep Chill [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Frozen Shapeshift
Benefit: Your natural attacks while shapeshifted are so cold that they render foes numb, unable to effectively act. Any opponent stricken by your natural attacks and who takes cold damage from it must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 hd + con modifier) or be slowed for 1 round, ending at the start of your next turn. An opponent can only be affected by this power once per round.

Burning Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a burning appearance, as if partially made of fire. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the fire subtype, granting them immunity to fire and vulnerability to cold. In addition, your natural attacks set opponents on fire unless they pass a reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + con modifier). This follows all the rules for being set on fire, except that the reflex save DC to extinguish the fire is the same DC as above.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form with immunity to cold or composed of ice or water, such as the water elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Frozen Shapeshift feat.

Blistering Fires [Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Burning Shapeshift
Benefit: Foes set on fire by your natural attacks find themselves so pained that they cannot effectively defend themselves. As long as they are on fire, they suffer a -4 penalty to armor class and saving throws.

Earthen Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a rocky appearance, as if partially made of stone. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the earth subtype, granting them a burrow speed of 15ft. In addition, your natural attacks count as adamantine to overcome damage reduction.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form composed of air, such as the air elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Airy Shapeshift feat.

Airy Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a airy appearance, as if partially made of wind. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the air subtype, granting them a fly speed of 30ft (perfect). In addition, your gain the benefit of the Weapon Finesse feat while shapeshifted.
Special: You do not gain the benefits of this feat if you shift into a form composed of earth, such as the earth elemental form of the elemental fury form.
Special: If you select this feat, you may not select the Earthen Shapeshift feat.

Exalted Shapeshift [Exalted, Shapeshift]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a glorious appearance, as if from the Heavens Above. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the benefits of the celestial template. For the sake of the smite evil ability, you may only use this once per day, no matter how many times you shapeshift.

Vile Shapeshift [Shapeshift, Vile]
Benefit: Your shapeshift forms take on a fiendish appearance, as if from the Depths Below. This grants all of your shapeshift forms the benefits of the fiendish template. For the sake of the smite good ability, you may only use this once per day, no matter how many times you shapeshift.

Mighty Shapeshift [Shapeshift]
Benefit: The enhancement bonuses to strength from your shapeshift ability rise by two. This applies to all forms; for example, your predator form now has a +6 enhancement bonus to strength and your aerial form has a +4 enhancement bonus to strength.

Epic Shapeshift feats:

Epic shapeshift feats come in two flavors. There are feats that affect every form. These benefits are useful but not overly potent. Feats focused on a single form are much more powerful. This sets up a good structure to make more feats with.

Sharp Nose [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, wis 19
Benefit: Your nose is as sharp as that of any predator. All of your shapeshift forms gain the scent special ability.

Wild Ferocity [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Mighty Shapeshift, wis 21
Benefit: The natural attacks of your shapeshift forms rise in power. The die size of each of your natural attacks while shapeshifted increase by one step. A d4 becomes a d6, a d6 becomes a d8, a d8 becomes a d10, and a d10 becomes a d12. A d12 does not increase in size.

Eagle Eye [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Skill Focus or Epic Skill Focus (Spot), wis 25
Benefit: Your eyes are as keen as an eagle's. All of your shapeshift forms gain the low-light vision special quality, as well as a +8 racial bonus to spot checks.

Improved Predator Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Predator form with mobility, wis 19
Benefit: Your predator form evolves, gaining greater powers. While in predator form, the bonuses to strength and natural armor rises by 4, and your land speed rises to 80ft. Further, you gain the benefits of the Spring Attack feat when in predator form.

Improved Aerial Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Aerial form with flyby attack, wis 21
Benefit: Your Aerial form improves, granting you new abilities and improved capacities. While in aerial form, the bonuses to strength and reflex saves rises by 4, and your fly speed rises to 70ft (good). Further, you gain the benefits of the Improved Flyby Attack feat when in aerial form.

Improved Ferocious Slayer Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Ferocious Slayer form with improved critical, wis 23
Benefit: Your Ferocious Slayer form becomes stronger. While in Ferocious Slayer form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves and natural armor rises by 4. Further, you gain the benefits of the Power Critical feat when in Ferocious Slayer form.

Improved Forest Avenger Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Forest Avenger form with damage reduction 5/slashing, wis 25
Benefit: Your Forest Avenger form becomes even more potent, like the greatest redwoods. While in Forest Avenger form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves, will saves and natural armor rises by 4. Further, your damage reduction in Forest Avenger form rises to 10/slashing.

Improved Elemental Fury Form [Epic, Shapeshift]
Prerequisite: Shapeshift ability, Elemental Fury form with great cleave, wis 27
Benefit: Your Elemental Fury form gains even greater powers. While in Elemental Fury form, the bonuses to strength, fortitude saves, reflex saves, will saves and natural armor rise by 4.

Putting stupid biases aside, I think they're pretty good. :D