News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sometimes I need to recharge my batteries. It happens.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

This month is really busy!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yes. I hate when it happens like this, with missed days layering past each other instead of over each other. Can't really help it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Back in Balmuria 1, there was the following topic: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,100800.0.html It's a fun bit of character work all around. I do things like this on a smaller scale; if I find the inspiration to strike this up for Balmuria 3, is there interest in me doing this?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

My answer hasn't changed since B1, so yes.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Yeah, that topic was really cool. Be good to see a version for this group.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 05, 2012, 08:49:32 PM
Back in Balmuria 1, there was the following topic: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,100800.0.html It's a fun bit of character work all around. I do things like this on a smaller scale; if I find the inspiration to strike this up for Balmuria 3, is there interest in me doing this?

This is...really kinda cool.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, I'll work on these the next down days I have. This requires some quick log readings and effort, so don't expect serious progress right away.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

You guys will need a new method of interrogations for devils, by the way.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Well shit, I hadn't thought of that. Getting one of our wizard casters to use Probe Thoughts is probably the most efficient response. Kascha or Vul'lath is probably best to save the load on Tepen's constitution.

Corwin

Let's go with Vul'lath?

Ebiris

Kascha has a higher DC, but sure why not. He's a diviner so it makes sense.

Ilsenine also has dominate monster if we ever feel like going old school and doing it the way Annalise did.

Corwin

She'd probably like it. On the one hand, it's kind of demeaning. On the other, dominating devils.

Want to just craft an item for it? We can probably stop relying on people altogether and just have something that spams a spell with a weak DC until they fail the save at last.

Ebiris

Relying on people is what people are there for!

Also even with all our discounts, an item of dominate monster will cost over 70k.

Anastasia

Yeah, Sage Vul'lath is a diviner for heaven's sake. Why make an item of it for a downtime thing when you have an ally who specializes in it? I mean, isn't that one of the perks of assembling your own army?
<Afina> Forever.