News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

So Jaela needs Sylvie's help.

Afina needs to drag Hanna around.

Ithea needs the Master.

In other news, Jaela could do this!
Spoiler: ShowHide
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, what's the plan on dealing with/interrogating Yian? Standard or something else?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

I'd want to add questions about the other eight:
1) What are their abilities?
2) How many devils are under their command?
3) What were their reasons for giving up Lifasa to the devils?
3b) If you don't know their reason, what do you -think- was their reason?
4) What was your reason?
5) Rank them from most dangerous to least.
5b) Explain your ranking of them.
6) Are there any places we can set traps for any of them that are likely to go in our favor?
6b) What traps do you think would work well against them?
6c) Why?

How to word that for report, as well as other questions, I'll leave to the expert pixie/gith interrogation team.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I'll add those to the questionnaire when I fill it out tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Merc> So hey, Ko, moving on! what do I roll for info on Makaril? Planes?
<Kotono> Sure.
<Kotono> Roll it'n'post it.
<Merc> roll d20+29+3 K:P(+ck)
* Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+29+3 K:P(+ck) and gets 37." [d20=5]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Makaril is the name of an accomplished movanic deva, a powerful avenging angel. He has not made much noise in a long time - it is said he was sequestered away in some great task. Little is known of him, but it is said he is a fearsome holy warrior.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lief's quest went without a hitch and he gains a bonus level!

Lief takes fighter 6 and dread commando 3. Rolls a 5 on a d10 for HP. +1 bab, nothing special there. Gains +1d6 sneak attack from Dread Commando 3. +1 to all saves, shiny. Skills go up as normal. He takes Darkstalker and Weapon Specialization(Longbow) as his feats. He's done. Nice level for the feats, both of which do him some good.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

All the questions about listing devils interacted with, I'm not actually looking for specific details so much as feeding into a huge list which can be pulled from for planar bindings - this is more the foundation of our equivalent to the Simon Wiesenthal Center rather than fishing for quest hooks. Feel free to say 'exhaustive list provided'. The only ones we'd specifically look for and prioritise are ones connected to the attack on the Throne (which might lead to the guy with half of Tepen's soul).

Beyond that, I want to know who's in charge of Operations Inferno, Renewal (ick), and Silence.

What's the Lower Polis? Is it a place on Lifasa?

For an expansion on the traitor specific questions, ask him what mental blind spots and fears/weaknesses he's noticed in the other eight.

Ebiris

Afina politely asks Tepen if he can manage a greater planar binding spell to summon Melisa the erinyes dominator.

Due to the dimensional anchor putting her own summoning chamber out of use, she'll make a temporary circle just outside of Aurora's gate. Crystal is invited along as well, along with a pair of Medicant golems so we can quickly KO her and cart her into the dungeon.

edit: Hanna is invited as well. She can heal Tepen after casting and I don't want her out of my sight.

Anastasia

Sure, we'll handle that at some point today since you've just returned to Aurora.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[18:41] <Shizuru> roll 1d20+23+4+15 GH, DI, Makaril
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Shizuru rolls 1d20+23+4+15 GH, DI, Makaril and gets 55." [1d20=13]
[18:42] <Shizuru> roll 1d20+23+4+15 GH, DI, Melisa
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Shizuru rolls 1d20+23+4+15 GH, DI, Melisa and gets 47." [1d20=5]
[18:43] <Shizuru> roll 1d20+24+4+15 GH, DI, spellcraft/sigil
[18:43] * Hatbot --> "Shizuru rolls 1d20+24+4+15 GH, DI, spellcraft/sigil and gets 47." [1d20=4]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

You know that Makaril went on a hermitage about 10,000 years ago. The reasons why are unclear, but lore states he came back from the prime shaken and withdrawn, refusing to speak to any of what troubled him so. His blade, Kalembar, severs magic apart and can even blot out the Weave for a brief time. It was a gift from Mystra long ago for rescuing the souls of several of her faithful from a lich.

---

Melisa is known as one of the myriad and many names associated with the pain-bringers and tormentors who serve Belial, Lord of the Fourth. Melisa is a free agent, loaned about to the Dark Ministry for cross-training. She is said to be a rising diabolical star, and may be directly promoted to pit fiend or paeliryon, according to some whispers. She has the ability to make her spell-like abilities cause overwhelming, debilitating pain or indecent, scandalizing pleasure at her whim.

---

You do not learn anything Ithea did not with the sigil. As a matter of fact, she beat your roll so.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

For serious consideration:

If we begin manufacturing material spell components using the bonuses granted by the Aurora, could we essentially be getting expensive material components at a discounted price?

Example: The Tsunami spell requires a 5000g tiara. With the discounts applied, it would only cost 1250g. Would it still be usable for the spell, with no change in the spell's functionality?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

It's cheesier than Craft Contingent Spell.

Corwin

[22:29] <Kotono> Your mind's eye clears. You see the ring - and you see in it. Faces. Endless faces. 999 faces, you believe. Crying, screaming, sobbing. 999 souls, writhing within the ring! The truth of the ring slams into you like a train, staggering you. 999 Lifasans reside within this ring, forever bound into being little more than a tool for a devil. This is not a mission to purify, but to liberate and destroy.
[22:38] <Kotono> The ring can only be shattered with eight others. They must be be broken together in one swing of a weapon, in the rising light of a Lifasan dawn.