News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Probably better to arrange a meeting since 25 words isn't much to work with.

Corwin

Let's first try going through Morniel, then? Triad and all, even though I don't know it IC.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Corwin

And back to this, after our victory~

Second Repairs Round (to take place right now):

Set up electricity styled trap in the courtyard, 3d6 damage: 15,000 gold; 5 DC 25 spellcraft checks; 7 days.
Tepen. Spellcraft +28 normally.

Improve growing farms(Things grow in 1/20th of the normal time): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 K:N checks, 1 DC 24 spellcraft check; 5 days.
Sylvie. K:N +37, Spellcraft +32 normally; K:N +52 with the K:N booster, Spellcraft +35 with the floating feat.

Improve library's selection(+10 to knowledge checks): 50,000 gold; 1 DC 27 K:P check; 1 DC 30 Appraise check; 7 days.
Vul'lath. Appraise +28, K:P +32 normally; Appraise +43, K:P +47 with the Appraise, K:P boosters.

Improve library sorting system(Takes 10 minutes to consult): 30,000 gold; 1 DC 26 spellcraft check; 1 DC 26 K:A check; 3 days. -> Improve library sorting system(Takes 1 minute to consult): 50,000 gold; 1 DC 29 K:A check; 1 DC 31 spellcraft check; 2 days.
Kascha. Spellcraft +40, K:A +43 normally; Spellcraft +55 with the Spellcraft booster.

Third Repairs Round (to take place a week from now, pending events and available cash):

Improve growing farms (Things grow overnight): 25,000 gold; 2 DC 28 K:N checks, 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 5 days.
Sylvie. K:N +37, Spellcraft +32 normally; K:N +52 with the K:N booster, Spellcraft +50 with the floating feat and booster.

Improve courtyard electricity damage to 6d6: 10,000 gold; 3 DC 20 spellcraft checks; 5 days.
Kascha. Spellcraft +40 normally.

Improve library's selection(+15 to knowledge checks, aka Sylvie special): 100,000 gold; 1 DC 33 K:P check; 1 DC 36 Appraise check; 7 days.
Vul'lath. Appraise +28, K:P +32 normally; Appraise +43, K:P +47 with the Appraise, K:P boosters.

Thoughts?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

This week's whining from Yuth:

1. Could the Elemental Swarm spell be used to summon storm elementals? It doesn't actually specifically say that it summons an Air/Water/Fire/Earth elemental, just that it opens a portal to a specific elemental plane and pulls elementals through.

2. If I wanted to look into adding a creature or two to the Animal Companion list, would I be able to? What are the criteria to do so? I don't have anything specific in mind yet, I'm just testing the waters so to speak.

3. Why are the Grig and the Pixie on the SNA IX list? Even with the fiddle, it's still CR1, and the Pixie is CR5! Jesus.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on April 30, 2012, 03:55:32 PMAs noted, devotion feats require devotion to that concept. Generally, if you follow a deity that offers the matching domain you can select it. If you want to take it, I'd shore up that aspect of Ithea. Devotion feats are powerful, but there is a tradeoff that has to be settled.
Well, regarding domain/devotion feats...From page 52:

QuoteAppropriate Theme: If you do not follow any specific deity, your basic system of beliefs should support your domain feat choices. A good rule of thumb is to designate one to three domains (in addition to that corresponding to your first domain feat) that are important to you. These beliefs must also be consistent with your alignment.

I do feel I meet the requirements as far as theme goes, since Ithea does go to the library somewhat decently, and she's started to buy books now that she has more spending money. She's got a lot of knowledge skills too, and the minor lore ACF specifically boosts knowledge skills as well. I'll keep feat hunting if you feel Ithea doesn't quite meet that aspect still, however.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

What about the training rooms? We need an upgrade path for them so our dudes can become buffer and die less!

Anastasia

So it isn't lost in loot: Ithea, Stille spend some money on you, boosting your ring of protection+3 to +4.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

My life as a male pleasure slave: a story of the wild women of Jannath!

This book describes the wild women of Jannath. They are followers of Chauntea, worshiping a more primal take on her instead of Chauntea's more civilized worship. They are matriarchal in nature, holding women are closer to the earth and thus to be revered. Anyway, the story is a lust sodden affair, the lurid retelling of a traveler who stumbled into a desert colony of them and was promptly passed around as a pleasure slave. It tells of the humiliations and the pleasure, the emasculation contrasted with the constant, downright absurd amount of coupling, and how he finally escaped. It warns male travelers to avoid shimmering green fields that appear before them in the desert, for this is the sign of one of their colonies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A list of 77 archangels.

The title is a misnomer, as it is not an actual list. Instead this old book speaks of the following story.

When Creation was young law and chaos did war onto each other. Strife consumed Limbo, as the Inevitables invaded the realm of perfect chaos. Though disorganized, the majority of slaad fought back and war was joined. In time the scheming of the fiends drew them all in - with the devils and demons beginning a genocidal war, whilst the yugoloths played both sides against the middle, joining the greater war. Soon the inflamed passions of law and chaos looked to spread to the Heavens, threatening war in the realms of paradise. In Elysium, seven angels of great wisdom gathered, understanding that this war must not be. The angels, in an act of profound sacrifice, shed the perfect devotion to pure good and embraced both law and chaos. In this act 77 new archangels were created, spread to all the Heavenly realms. Some came to serve the deities and planar lords, others working alone. These angels mingled with archon and eladrin, law and chaos. Through this shared family was war in the Heavens averted, the realms of Good able to do what no other was: Bring peace to law and chaos.

The last pages, while not a list, describes 12 categories of arch angels. 11 are groups of seven arch angels, each of the 77 created. The 12th group are the original seven, who are said to reside in deepest meditation and isolation within Elysium, to purposes known only to the Gods themselves. This book assigns some of the groups the following designations, though it does note these are not entirely confirmed or official. The text notes that information about these entities is exceedingly rare, and often fragmentary or hearsay. These 77+7 angels seem more than content to be lost to all but the wisest and best informed.

The Seven Wise Ones: The original seven who prevented a war between order and disorder in the Heavens.

The Angels of the Material: Angels tasked to matters dealing with the material world - the Prime Material, mostly.

The Seven of the Soul: Angels tasked with dealing with the souls of all Creation.

The Keepers of Chronos: Angels tasked with overseeing the flow of time. The author includes a short note, confessing knowledge of the Temporal Compact, and stating that he is not aware of how they interact with this, or even if they still do. The creation of these angels may predate the compact.

The Defenders of the Seal: Angels tasked with - here is a word in Celestial, difficult to translate even for magic. It approximately means 'barrier', but not quite. If anything, the word resembles the Words of Creation, but is not one.

The Wardens of the Heart: Seven angels tasked with dealing with love in all forms.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rituals of Mineral.

This book is filled with thaumaturgic rituals relating to minerals and the plane of Mineral. It looks to be a compilation of many sources, without much screening for quality. Many of the entries are obviously in error or simply rubbish to Jaela's trained eye. However...

OOC: Make an int check, Jaela.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Stop! That's no female elf! How to avoid the trap of ambiguous elven appearances!

This book is written by a nameless author, who rants about the evils of 'deviant, crossdressing elves, all but indistinguishable from real females'. It asserts that these elves care for nothing more than corrupting good dwarven men into perverse acts of coupling with them, thus slowly eroding and destroying the fine dwarven bloodlines. The distinct holes in logic there aside - and there are many - the book gives surprisingly good knowledge about how to see through disguises and identify tells. After reading this book, Jaela gains a +2 competence bonus on opposed spot checks to detect disguises. This book can be reused, if Jaela cares to pass it around. Despite the content, the author does seem to be quite skilled in defeating disguises.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Funeral dirges for the second death.

This book is full of ritual dirges concerned with laying the undead to a second and final death. It is written by Barrom Clanspar, self identified as a Deathguide of Kelemvor. While not magical, the songs are well crafted and suitable to any task to this purpose. This book counts as a masterwork tool for perform(song) checks regarding dirges or knowledge(religion) checks regarding Kelemvor's practices about destroying the undead.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2012, 04:58:37 PM
[22:49] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23+4+15 K:P Lixer, lvl18
[22:49] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23+4+15 K:P Lixer, lvl18 and gets 61." [1d20=19]

Old roll reference: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1029762.html#msg1029762

This is in addition to the previous information obtained about him. Quoting the previous questions for reference.

QuoteDo we know about his weaknesses?

Epic, silvered and good weapons or magic with the good and chaotic descriptors are required to truly wound Lixer. In addition, he has a particular weakness of note. While not one of the living dead himself, he is vulnerable to being turned by mortals. Turning attempts by mortals deal damage to him as if he were undead.

QuoteHis strengths?

Extreme mastery of necromantic magic, hordes of undead servitors as well as devil servants in proportion to the sort of power the son of Asmodeus is supposed to project, undead immunities without the weaknesses(barring the above).

QuoteWhether he's a quasideity?

He has great power. Whispers and ancient lore suggest he may have more than a typical arch devil, who are already close to divine power, if not already holding it. If this is due to his lineage or other factor is not known.

QuoteIf a special weapon/type of weapon to harm him exists?

Already answered.

QuoteIf he can be contained by our jail?

No idea. Put a hostile arch devil in and see if they can get out. I'm sure the results will be illuminating, one way or another.
<Afina> Forever.