News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quick hits:

1. Added +2 modifiers to the weapons of Balyss, Sylvie and Mirima. This now frees Sylvie up from casting Greater Magic Weapon every day, so she now has vampiric touch on that slot. Blame Ithea.

2. If you guys are going to do this dragon thing after all and want to bring help, hash that out ahead of time. I suggest you guys chat it over here as it's a decision you should all have imput in. Having that sorted by Friday evening makes my life easier. Likewise any preparations should be settled before hand so that we can begin smoothly. Finally, in the event we run over on this and have to pause Sunday without the scenario being done/no escape route, decide if you want to wait until next Friday or have Ithea on autobattle.

3. When are you disposing of those books?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

1. Blah.

2. I'd like to go, but I'd also like to clear up the thing with the amulet first if at all possible. If not, it can wait.

3. The books can get blasted with Flame Strike or something with no problem.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote2. I'd like to go, but I'd also like to clear up the thing with the amulet first if at all possible. If not, it can wait.

It's probably best to wait then. It might be done in one day, it might not. At worst we have a slow day tomorrow and I get some extra prepwork done, which might even mean a nicer hoard for you guys if you win.

Quote3. The books can get blasted with Flame Strike or something with no problem.

Do not read this book! and the numerology book burn without incident. After the holy flames clear, you find 100 fair recipes to be unburnt and undamaged.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 31, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
After the holy flames clear, you find 100 fair recipes to be unburnt and undamaged.

Well shit. Maybe soak it in holy water and burn it on consecrated ground?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 31, 2012, 06:55:22 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 31, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
After the holy flames clear, you find 100 fair recipes to be unburnt and undamaged.

Well shit. Maybe soak it in holy water and burn it on consecrated ground?

You find that holy water does not wet the book - it rolls around it like an impermeable rock. Applying fire to it in the temple to the Triune Goddess, Mother Ocean or Selune results in the book being unburnt.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Rolling to aid Jaela.

[22:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+11
[22:56] * Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+11 and gets 13." [1d20=2]

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 31, 2012, 06:56:52 PM
Rolling to aid Jaela.

[22:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+11
[22:56] * Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+11 and gets 13." [1d20=2]

Total of 53 then. Duly noted for tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina can cast disintegrate on Fair Recipes and Silver Casket both!

Anastasia

The distinegration has no effect on 100 fair recipes. If you wanna open the casket that's fine, but that needs to be done IC. That can be done tomorrow or after the trip, time pending.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote3. The books can get blasted with Flame Strike or something with no problem.

Do not read this book! and the numerology book burn without incident. After the holy flames clear, you find 100 fair recipes to be unburnt and undamaged.

Oy, oy, we'd decided that those books wait until Tannin reports in. 100 fair recipes we were wanting to dispose of though.

[14:36] <Jaela> So. Destroy confirmed evil book, sit on the other two for now, go disintegrate silver coffin?
[14:37] <Ithea> Sounds like a plan to me.
[14:37] <Jaela> Let's do this thing
[14:38] <Afina> Sure
[14:38] <Ithea> Ithea will probably read the 'safe' book, Axagoras, though she'll ask Sylvie to pop by before she does, just out of precaution. But that's afterwards.
[14:38] <Ithea> The other two books get sat on until Tannin's report at the very least.
[14:39] * Jaela nods
[14:39] <Jaela> Invite me beforehand, I can drop mind blank on you
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Okay, we can say you pulled those two books away, then.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 31, 2012, 06:44:41 PM
2. If you guys are going to do this dragon thing after all and want to bring help, hash that out ahead of time. I suggest you guys chat it over here as it's a decision you should all have imput in. Having that sorted by Friday evening makes my life easier. Likewise any preparations should be settled before hand so that we can begin smoothly. Finally, in the event we run over on this and have to pause Sunday without the scenario being done/no escape route, decide if you want to wait until next Friday or have Ithea on autobattle.

-Let's do this for saturday/sunday.
-My preference is to go as Team PC only. If we have to take one NPC, how about Gisfal? It might be nice to actually get to know him properly.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 01, 2012, 08:54:37 AM-My preference is to go as Team PC only. If we have to take one NPC, how about Gisfal? It might be nice to actually get to know him properly.

You don't have to take anyone. It's up to you guys how you go about this. Anyone else have an opinion?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[00:29] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23+10+15 Avengers of Telastryiryn
[00:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23+10+15 Avengers of Telastryiryn and gets 59." [1d20=11]
[00:30] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23+10+15 Dark Kalis
[00:30] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23+10+15 Dark Kalis and gets 52." [1d20=4]

Knowledge:Planes, while reading the library. Just in case it'll tell us more in preparation.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris