News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: The Radiant Sisters

This series of books is written with a great deal of repetition and reinforcement. The entire writing style is highly ordered, as a preface explains this is desirable to better hold the often mutable lore of chaos.

The Radiant Sisters are 13 lilitu bards that loyally serve Malcanthet, Queen of Succubi. They are beautiful women who can radiate a halo of colored light. Each one is named the light they radiate. While the exact personalities of each one vary, they are accomplished slavers, seducers, manipulators and when need be, killers. They are favored by Malcanthet and are all too eager to impress this fact on others.

Each Sister is a sublimely vain creature, convinced it is superior to her sisters and everyone else. As a result, the Sisters are engaged in constant, bitter intrigues of status and domination over one another. This is said to amuse Malcanthet greatly and provides much of the drama in her court. Despite many efforts, none of the Sisters have eliminated any of the others. When things get out of hand, it is said that Malcenthet 'invites' the guilty parties to personally talk these matters over with her. What happens during these incidents is not known, but reports state that the Razor Throne gleams brightly after them.

The Radiant Sisters each wear a locket that can steal the souls of mortals, as well as some bit of jewelry that enhances their beauty and personal magnetism.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: Creeping Doom

This series of books is written with a great deal of repetition and reinforcement. The entire writing style is highly ordered, as a preface explains this is desirable to better hold the often mutable lore of chaos. Unfortunately, it appears the structure has been consumed in this book. As such the information is wild and uncontrolled, constantly shifting.

Creeping Doom is the end. Creeping Doom is all. Creeping Doom consumes everything. Creeping Doom is the demon of vermin and disgust. Creeping Doom is many. Creeping Doom is many. Creeping Doom is legion. As such, it is best to employ tactics that can successfully dispatch swarms of creatures. Searing fire and piercing cold are noted as being particularly effective as Creeping Doom is in the walls. Creeping Doom is in the walls. Creeping Doom is in the walls.

The rest of the book slides into the same sort of repetitions.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia on September 18, 2012, 06:29:15 PM

This series of books is written with a great deal of repetition and reinforcement. The entire writing style is highly ordered, as a preface explains this is desirable to better hold the often mutable lore of chaos. Unfortunately, it appears the structure has been consumed in this book. As such the information is wild and uncontrolled, constantly shifting.

Creeping Doom is the end. Creeping Doom is all. Creeping Doom consumes everything. Creeping Doom is the demon of vermin and disgust. Creeping Doom is many. Creeping Doom is many. Creeping Doom is legion. As such, it is best to employ tactics that can successfully dispatch swarms of creatures. Searing fire and piercing cold are noted as being particularly effective as Creeping Doom is in the walls. Creeping Doom is in the walls. Creeping Doom is in the walls.

Given the last creepy book we had, Afina shoots a searing lesser orb of fire into the nearest wall after reading that.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 18, 2012, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 18, 2012, 06:29:15 PM

Given the last creepy book we had, Afina shoots a searing lesser orb of fire into the nearest wall after reading that.

Afina shoots the wall. It burns! Nope, no bugs. But Elena appears, looking upset and cross.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina apologises to Elena but explains it as an important precaution lest she end up with worms or something.

Anastasia

Elena gives Afina a looooong look, shakes her head and vanishes. Afina catches her muttering something about how fey should stay in the forests and not go reading.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: Orcus

This series of books is written with a great deal of repetition and reinforcement. The entire writing style is highly ordered, as a preface explains this is desirable to better hold the often mutable lore of chaos.

Orcus is the demon prince of the undead. He is one of the older demons of the Abyss and his origins are lost to history. Moreover, there are three distinct theories of his origins - mortal ascension, that he was a former unique demon or that he is a promoted demon. Regardless of the answer, Orcus has greatly influenced undeath throughout Creation. He is known to be a powerful necromancer, though he seldom draws on these powers. His rages are legendary, as is his often torpor-like episodes of sloth.

Orcus's weaknesses are his own sloth and blinding rage. His long wars with Graz'zt and Demogorgon help ensure that the Blood War remains a stalemate, as it diverts great legions of demons away from that eternal conflict.  His sloth often leads to Orcus missing opportunities, and ultimately allows many of his enemies to survive. It is safe to say that he hates every living creature in Creation with a violent fury, with only slightly less rage for the living dead. A common theory is that Orcus' sloth is a direct result of the hate he holds for himself - for not even Orcus is exempt from his own meaningless hate.

Orcus wields the Wand of Orcus, a powerful mace-wand that can steal life force and vastly augments necromantic magic. There are also constant rumors that suggest he has a more powerful sword as a secret weapon, often dubbed the 'Orcus-Sword'. These rumors are currently unproven.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: Rustax

Rustax is a half fiend rust monster in the 'court' of Juiblex. In reality is it tough enough and resistant enough to survive and prosper within Shedaklah. This pitiable creature wanders the layer, seeking beings carrying metal to consume, for it desires both flesh and metal to eat. Rustax has gained a great deal of lethality, his touch causing massive physical damage akin to disintegration as well as the corrosion of metal. Worse yet, it's body is only semi-solid from its many lifetimes within Shedaklah, giving it near invulnerability to anything but bludgeoning weapons and superior reach.

Rustax has no weaknesses, save for its ever-present hunger. It will pursue living beings relentlessly, until they escape the layer or a bigger source of food becomes available. While intelligent, Rustax is best compared to a hungry, malicious child. It is not difficult to fool and well prepared travelers can often avoid Rustax entirely. However, Rustax is occasionally summoned by the rare madman that venerates Juiblex. When summoned, he follows the order of the summoner and ignores its own instincts.

Rustax carries no treasure, though it has absorbed great amounts of magic from all it has consumed. As such, it has the benefits of a ring of mind shielding, a powerful ring of deflection and cloak of resistance, an amulet of mighty fists, a ring of invisibility and a helmet of teleportation. It is likely it has more powers within it, as it seldom uses any but the passive abilities it has absorbed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 17, 2012, 10:27:08 PM
Can Gae Ardaigh be reforged from Longspear+2, wounding to Longspear+1, wounding, valorous?

I can't find a ruling for this despite my best efforts, so the consistency thing doesn't matter now. Go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rapier Mastery

This book is about rapier technique. When read, it explains how to use a rapier in detail, showing all manner of tricks, techniques and skills. The exact benefit varies on how skilled the reader is with a rapier. See the table below.

Non-proficient: Gain Weapon Proficiency(Rapier) as a bonus feat.
Proficient: Gain Weapon Focus(Rapier) as a bonus feat.
Proficient+Weapon Focus(Rapier): Gain Rapier Storm.

Rapier Storm (Ex)

When you make an attack or full attack with a rapier, you may choose to suffer a -3 penalty to your attack rolls until the beginning of your next turn. If you do, increase your critical hit range by two points and add a +4 bonus to critical confirmation rolls. The two point bonus to critical hit range is added after any bonus from a keen weapon or improved critical.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on September 14, 2012, 12:47:18 PM
The Tower of Flowswaurm.

This tower is the abode of the Compatriots, a trio of elven sorceresses recruited by Jaela. It is a tower only in the loosest sense of the word and via illusions. In reality it is a knotted series of tube, geometric shapes and lines; Flowswaurm is held together by potent magic. This tower can be integrated into Aurora in one of three ways.

The second option is to add Flowswaurm above Aurora, much how Baleruk's lair is now. With modifications it can be made into an aerial weapons platform as well as a shield to prevent easy aerial attacks against Aurora. However, this will cost considerable gold to implement.

This is the winner! Okay, it will be added to the Aurora topic soon along with prices.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Since no one was interested, Drena's off to sell Brink of Death. He ends up in Brightwater and talks around there, looking for a good buyer.

Quote> roll 1d20+6 Drena GI
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+6 Drena GI and gets 16." [1d20=10]

He ends up at one of the many magic emporiums there. Naturally a unique armor requires some diplomacy and haggling over the price.

Quote> roll 1d20+6 Drena diplo
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+6 Drena diplo and gets 13." [1d20=7]
> roll 1d20+16 opponent
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+16 opponent and gets 35." [1d20=19]

Drena, to be not so kind about it, gets verbally beaten down. His offers are shot down, battered, kicked, punched and tossed into the trash heap. With his hopes in tatters he gets an offer for 40,000 gold.

Quote> roll 1d20+24 will
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+24 will and gets 35." [1d20=11]

Yeow. Wind that! Drena takes his goods and leaves before he gets skinned. Selling it isn't working so he'll look into trading it instead.

Quote> roll 1d20+6 Drena GI
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+6 Drena GI and gets 12." [1d20=6]

You know, Drena figured more people would be willing to talk to a huge mass of sentient air. Whoops! Grumpy and out of sorts, Drena decides to try and contact one of the official Mercane groups in Brightwater. Afina has dealings with them, maybe he can finesse some leverage?

Quote> roll 1d20+11 Drena diplo (+5 circumstancial)
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 Drena diplo (+5 circumstancial) and gets 25." [1d20=14]

To the surprise of everyone, this works out well. Finding a Mercane consortium and mentioning Aurora and Afina is enough to get him some special attention. A bit of artful bullshittery leads to the following offer: 100,000 gold OR the following item:

Gale Blast

Longbow+4. This weapon functions even in tornado force winds and arrows fired from it are not impeded or stopped by high winds. Effects that deter projectiles with wind, such as wind wall, do not stop arrows from Gale Blast.

Gale Blast is stronger as the winds grow in fury. Gale Blast deals extra damage based on the winds around the target. Light winds: - Moderate winds: +1d6 Strong winds: +2d6 Severe winds: +3d6 Windstorm: +5d6 Hurricane: +7d6 Tornado: +10d6.

Drena takes the bow and returns to Aurora with a skip in his step.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[19:27] <Jaela> roll 1d20+30+15+15 Westenrock Castle, K:P, lvl20
[19:27] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+30+15+15 Westenrock Castle, K:P, lvl20 and gets 68." [1d20=8]

I'll read up on the dude before going to fight him next session, if feasible. Old roll/result is here.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yuth, are you interested in any of the arena treasure since it was put up for grabs? Giving you guys first crack before I do anything else with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor, I'll reply to that post tomorrow. I didn't miss it, but the answer's in my notes somewhere and I don't feel like digging right now.
<Afina> Forever.