News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

No sordid secrets here. I think it's time for me to move on from Balmuria. I was thinking about this the past month or so, gave it some time to consider properly and finally talked to Dune when the level-up time was announced. I'm sorry for this result, guys.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

I am of course behind the idea of resuming at a later date. That said, if Dune isn't feeling it, I'm not about to force him. Then it's not fun for anyone.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

I can't make next Satuday. (leaving night for someone at work. Attendance looks sparse so I might still be back early, but yeah).

I'm neutral on ever picking it up. I'll say no, though, momentum being what it is.

Merc

I think I probably wouldn't want to resume later on, although I'm good for a coda/being here friday and saturday.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 18, 2012, 01:34:10 PM
I can't make next Satuday. (leaving night for someone at work. Attendance looks sparse so I might still be back early, but yeah).

Okay, can we all make Sunday then? The Redskins play Thursday so I can wing Sunday.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Incidentally, decide if there's anything y'all want to do on Friday and what it is. Post when you do.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Posting about what I said in chat, I'm hoping we can open Medi's quarters as our group coda for the game. Where it comes to picking it up some day, to answer Dune, I'd say that if I ever did feel like returning to Balmuria, I'd prefer resuming B1 over B3.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 18, 2012, 01:38:02 PM
Posting about what I said in chat, I'm hoping we can open Medi's quarters as our group coda for the game. Where it comes to picking it up some day, to answer Dune, I'd say that if I ever did feel like returning to Balmuria, I'd prefer resuming B1 over B3.

Whatever comes next is almost certainly going to be something that isn't D&D...but if it is, it'll almost certainly be Balmuria 1. I genuinely want to continue and finish that story for myriad reasons.

No promises on anything yet, but it's worth tossing out there.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I can do sunday as well, and I'll second the Medi's quarters suggestion. I don't have anything planned for friday. Maybe a visit to Sharess or having Adrian's/Misalea's wedding sped up to then would be nice things.

I doubt I'd be interested in revisiting Balmuria, regardless of it being 1-3. Not out of dislike, I'd just rather call it done.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on November 18, 2012, 01:45:29 PMI doubt I'd be interested in revisiting Balmuria, regardless of it being 1-3. Not out of dislike, I'd just rather call it done.

No offense, I'm mainly aiming for Cor/Eb with that one. If I run something during the evenings for you/Yuth at some point, it'll be something different anyway. I wouldn't want another D&D day/night split.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

None taken, both Yuth and I had previously said why we weren't interested in B1 anyway. Yuth might have changed his mind now that he's more familiar with the mythos, but I still feel the same. I still have no interest in digging through B1 logs.

I agree with the split thing too anyway. Going through another game where things keep happening in the background that I'm expected to keep track of but can't, well, not gonna do that again.

Yuthirin

Nah, that's Cor & Eb's team right there.

Corwin

So. Personal scenes? I was going to talk to Mirajane, and hearing about the rest of Hanna's kids would have been fun, I thought. Merc's suggestion of Adrian and Misalea's wedding would also be nice, even if it were largely abbreviated. Once more, a reminder that Jaela is a proper priestess! If not, Adrian/Misalea/Tepen have been with us for ages and I'd want to talk to them in some setting. I would also like to ask the Triune for an audience, perhaps alongside Mirima and Mei? If they want to come, that is.

There's plenty others, of course, but I think keeping things reasonably focused would work better.

Anastasia

This is but one story and fragment of truth about Creation. It tells some and leaves other mysteries, like any good story. I like to imagine Kascha telling this story.

FEY VS ELADRIN

There has long been an argument between the fey and eladrin. While it generally accepted that the two races are distantly related, both hold they are the superior branch. We're here today to settle that question once and for all. The truth is...neither of them is superior.

Long ago, there were no fey and no eladrin. There was one race of nature inclined spirits, closely tied to the elven races and those attuned to the natural world. They were ruled by one supreme Queen, known to all as Queen Morwel. She was known as a vivacious and radiant queen, beloved by all her subjects. In times vastly ancient, it came to pass that Queen Morwel came to feel a deep lethargy. She wandered deep into Arborea, coming to the lowest, womb-like layer of the heavenly realm. There she slept for millenia, lost in dreams of the future. In those dreams she saw the need for two races - a race of eternal spirits, celestials that defend chaos and righteousness forever and a race of endlessly reincarnating nature creatures, who would steward over the natural world of the mortals.

Long was Queen Morwel lost in these dreams, unable to decide. It was essential that both races be, lest disaster come. Without the eladrin the Abyss would come to consume Limbo and eventually Arborea. Chaos would become unbalanced towards evil and thus would this imbalance threaten all Creation. Yet should the fey not come to pass, the natural worlds of mortals would become errant, ultimately resulting in unlimited calamity. Queen Morwel was torn by indecision, unable to choose. In this corundum did Selune and Lathander journey to her, bringing both the sun to warm her slumbering form and the moon to cover her in moonlight. Alight in the radiance of the sun and moon, Queen Morwel at last rose. Her heart was calm, for she understood what must be done.

Queen Morwel knelt a great empty place, the Womb of Arborea. Here she calmly wept, emptying her despair and forming a new ocean. From her tears flowed the her will, sundering apart her race. Half stayed within Arborea, becoming one with chaos and good. The others were cast into forms of flesh and dirt, charged with overseeing the natural world. She took the vivacious part of her soul, tossing her lively hopes into her sea of tears. From this grew the tree of Yggdrasil. She bound her exiled fey children to it, forever to be born and reborn through Yggdrasil. It was good, yet it was not done. Should Yggdrasil be left unhidden, spirits and powers would move to interfere with her fey children. With heaviness in her heart she removed all but three layers from the sight and minds of her children and eventually almost all of Creation. Knowing that she could not openly guide her fey children anymore, she chose to become two as one. Thus did Queen Morwel take the form and name Queen Titania, ruling both realms.

It is said this act of duality is what causes the true duality within her eladrin children. Likewise, when a fey finds religion, it is almost always to the Court of the Stars. It is said that these fey, such as Crystal, have a little bit of the old blood within them. Queen Morwel loves all her children, now a mysterious, reserved Queen that oversees both realms. She encourages her two kingdoms of children to see themselves as superior to the other, knowing that they must forever be apart.

---

Queen Morwel, aka Queen Titania.

Eladrin 70//Fey 70, DvR 20.
<Afina> Forever.