News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

PC sheets moved to a new thread by request.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Yay, thanks. Thought you forgot ^^
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I don't forget.I just wait and lurk until the right time.

Blame the cold. I blame it for forgetting to update loot yesterday in B5.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

No problem, just neat to have the PCs separate again. HOpe your cold gets better soon!

Anastasia

I'm working on it. I'm in the later phases, just that it's a clinger of a cold. If it's not better by next week, I'll hit the doc up Tuesday or Wednesday.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Merc, just make the aves when you get home. I'm headachy after B5 and I'll sort things out after work.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Thats fine, was just offering in case you wanted to advance for Yuth/Iddy and didnt want you to have to wait on me. I'll handle that in a few hours then.

Yuthirin

Will post in an hour or so, busy at work.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Doing these in sections.

Moore reaches level 11! Bard 11 and Sentinel 1

[13:13] <Nephrite> roll 1d10+1+4 HP for level 11
[13:13] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 8 > [d10=3]

HP total is 89+8 = 97

BAB +1 (8/3), Fort +2, Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day

16 Skill points.

+1 4th level Bard spell known, +1 3rd and 4th level bard spell per day

Moore reaches level 12! Bard 12 and Sentinel 2

[13:13] <Nephrite> roll 1d10+1+4 HP for level 12
[13:13] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 11 > [d10=6]

HP total is 97+11 = 108

BAB +1 (9/4), Saves +1, Song of Freedom which is getting dumped for the Eberron ACF Song of the Heart feat. Divine Grace (+8 to saves), resist fiendish lure (+4 sacred to saves against mind affecting attacks of evil outsiders)

+1 to INT for a total of 24 and a +7 mod, so he gains 1 extra skill points and I guess an extra language.

17 Skill Points.

No new spells known.

+1 4th level spell per day

12th level feat is Words of Creation.

Moore reaches level 13! Bard 13 and Sentinel 3

[13:13] <Nephrite> roll 1d10+1+4 HP for level 13
[13:13] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 15 > [d10=10]

HP total is 108+15 = 123

+1 BAB (10/5), +1 Reflex and Will, aura of courage, celestial fortitude

17 Skill points.

+1 4th spell known, +2 5th spells known

0 5th spells per day opens.

Celestial Fortitude (Su.): At 3rd level the Sentinel's endurance and fortitude are enhanced against fiendish attacks. He receives a +2 sacred bonus to all Fortitude against effects from evil outsiders and evil spells. Additionally, if he makes a successful Fortitude saving throw against an effect from an evil spell or evil outsider that normally deals half damage or partial effects on a successful save, he instead takes no damage and suffers no partial effects.

Nephrite

The words also increase the save DC by 2 for Suggestion and Dominate and increases the bard's effective caster level by 2 for Song of Freedom.

For Words of Creation, since it obviously effects all bardic music, would it also affect the Eberron ACFs?

I don't expect it to work on Song of the Heart as that isn't technically music, but I would think it reasonable to work on Haunting Melody, for example.

Also, to further that, is Haunting Melody its own specific entry (i.e. I use a standard action to use Haunting Melody) or is it an associated side effect of other bardic music (so I can Inspire Courage and spend 1 extra daily use of bardic music to attach the Haunting Melody to an enemy).

I ask this because since I also have Melodic Casting, if I used a Perform check in place of Concentration, could I use Haunting Melody at that point?

EDIT: One more question, can I replace Mass Suggestion (once I get there) with this? http://dndtools.pw/feats/champions-of-ruin--27/doomspeak--686/  I'm effectively using the Eberron ACF clause except for something not in Eberron.

Nephrite

To follow up my nagging with more nagging, would you confirm everything is right up to level 13? I have not yet added skill points, but everything else should be there.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 24, 2015, 04:00:46 PM
The words also increase the save DC by 2 for Suggestion and Dominate and increases the bard's effective caster level by 2 for Song of Freedom.

For Words of Creation, since it obviously effects all bardic music, would it also affect the Eberron ACFs?

I don't expect it to work on Song of the Heart as that isn't technically music, but I would think it reasonable to work on Haunting Melody, for example.

Which ACFs are you talking about? Song of the Heart is a feat, as is Haunting Melody.

That being said, Song of the Heart increases the base bonus of several bardic musics by 1. This bonus is folded in before Words of Creation doubles it. As for Haunting Melody, that feat has some issues. However, regardless of how it works RAW, there's nothing for Words of Creation to boost. Thematically, it doesn't make sense for Words of Creation to boost a fear effect anyway.

QuoteAlso, to further that, is Haunting Melody its own specific entry (i.e. I use a standard action to use Haunting Melody) or is it an associated side effect of other bardic music (so I can Inspire Courage and spend 1 extra daily use of bardic music to attach the Haunting Melody to an enemy).

I'm going to houserule this to being a bardic feat, works as a standard action and stands alone as an action rather than being a rider to other actions.

QuoteI ask this because since I also have Melodic Casting, if I used a Perform check in place of Concentration, could I use Haunting Melody at that point?

No.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Sorry, when I said Eberron ACFs I meant the feats themselves, because it's an ACF that lets you take the feat in place of new bardic musics.

I'll make a note on my sheet on Song of the Heart and Haunting Melody so I don't forget.

Nephrite

I would also guess Words of Creation would not affect any of the Fatesinger abilities.