News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I wasn't aware of Energy Immunity being bumped up, though I was aware of the Con penalty. I figured due to the effects I'd ask on both since I figured they both might go on the epic magic item clause. So good to know the case on both. Thanks.

As far as I know Jaela only has Mantle of Good permanent when I was checking to see what other spells have been permanency'ed.

As for the bracelet, yes it was custom, the post it came up in is: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1039999.html#msg1039999

I'll have to look at custom magic item rules, not remotely familiar with them since I've never made a custom one myself.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

I have Mantle of Good and Greater Blindsight permanency'd! It's listed in the Spells thread and on my sheet! It's eligible, though to be fair there are better spells. (I also bugged Dune to let me pemanency Prestidigitation for mostly flavor past the 2 spells limit, but that's a cantrip so....)

One thing is that I actually have Permanency as a spell (from the Divine Crusader side) and can self-medicate. I can't recall if Dune made any separation between spells cast permanently on yourself and spells cast permanently on others.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

No difference given for if you know Permanency or not, just for knowing the spell being permanency'ed (scaling CL/eligibility for some personal target spells), at least from how I read the post on Permanency.

If Greater Blindsight is eligible, seems a fairly good target to Permanency. Didn't expect True Seeing to be eligible and Blindsight was closest to that for detection outside of See Invisibility. Might be worth considering that instead due to scaling CL there since I actually get that one, I guess, but probably greater blindsight is better even with a static CL. Hadn't initially considered that since I only searched spells with durations of 1+ hrs.

Not sure what to grab as a second permanency spell though. Hard to really tell what's a valid target for it and good choice. Ah well, plenty of time to find something sooner or later.

Corwin

Speaking of Blindsight, something came up while chatting with Iddy in PM.

The writeup for the Darkstalker feat which refers Blindsight, among other things, has the following line:

Normal
Creatures with these senses do not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice other creatures within range. Creatures with all-around vision can't be flanked.

It made me wonder if Blindsight is basically all around vision. Logically it is a sort of radar radius around you thing, but this sounds more like a games rules thing, since you don't face in any given direction anyway normally.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 23, 2015, 12:23:47 PM
Speaking of Blindsight, something came up while chatting with Iddy in PM.

The writeup for the Darkstalker feat which refers Blindsight, among other things, has the following line:

Normal
Creatures with these senses do not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice other creatures within range. Creatures with all-around vision can't be flanked.

It made me wonder if Blindsight is basically all around vision. Logically it is a sort of radar radius around you thing, but this sounds more like a games rules thing, since you don't face in any given direction anyway normally.

It isn't, not in this sense. All around vision is a special quality certain monsters have. I know xorns in the SRD have it and a few others do. Nothing in blindsight's block in the SRD mentions that it stops flanking.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Another question! Also about the same topic, pretty much.

How do Darkstalker and Blindsight interact? Darkstalker says if I have Blindsight I'd need to roll spot/listen if you hide. But it also says you can't hide in plain sight (tm) unless you have that ability from another source. Meanwhile, Blindsight says invis and other concealment is meaningless, so if you just go invisible I presume it doesn't count as 'hiding' for people with Blindsight.

Yes, also came up while talking to Iddy in PM.

Anastasia

Would all the B3 PCs roll a d20 and post the results in here? Thanks.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

22:38] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20
[22:38] <Serith> Ebiris roll for Serith < 6 > [d20=6]

Merc

[17:37] <@Sailor_Mercury> roll d20 Dune Mystery
[17:37] <Serith> Sailor_Mercury roll for Serith < 4 > [d20=4]

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20 Dune Request
<Serith> IronDragoon roll for Serith < 2 > [d20=2]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 23, 2015, 06:29:53 PM
Would all the B3 PCs roll a d20 and post the results in here? Thanks.

Am I included in this request?

Merc

You're a PC in the B3 board!

Yuthirin

[20:48] <Serith> Muirfinn roll for Serith < 5 >12 [d20=5]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Low rolls are good here, right, Ko?

...right?