Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Added a houserule that we do not use the death from massive damage rule. This has been there for ages and is indirectly banned due to the ban on instant death effects, but it's worth explicitly noting it.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/injuryandDeath.htm#massiveDamage
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 20, 2016, 02:35:43 AM
What spellcasting do you have access to?

Up to 6th level Wiz. Beguiler doesn't really have buff spells.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Dune, should the DC on Doomspeak (Champions of ruin, page 20, Also here) be (10 + 1/2 your character level + Cha) rather than full character level?

It feels like it's a really strong ability, but since it only lasts for 1 round, maybe that's balanced? I dunno if it was a typo or what in the original article.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 22, 2016, 09:38:18 AM
Dune, should the DC on Doomspeak (Champions of ruin, page 20, Also here) be (10 + 1/2 your character level + Cha) rather than full character level?

It feels like it's a really strong ability, but since it only lasts for 1 round, maybe that's balanced? I dunno if it was a typo or what in the original article.

I've always assumed it was a mistake, though there's no definitive information on it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay. I'll go with the assumption that it should be 1/2 level and plan accordingly.

Nephrite

Does the bonus from Epic Inspiration stack with Words of Creation?

For example with Inspire Courage:

4 (from Bard levels), +1 (Song of the Heart) +1 (Epic Inspiration) x 2 (Words of Creation) = 12

or

4 (From Bard levels) +1 (Song of the heart) x 2 (Words of Creation) +1 (Epic Inspiration) = 11

Anastasia

The first. WoC is a multiplier that's dealt with after all the normal bonuses and additions.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Cool, thanks! I wasn't sure if it counted since Epic Inspiration is Epic, after all.

Nephrite

And one final nagging for now, can you do a sheet audit for me this weekend? I'm pretty sure everything is in the right place, but wanted to make sure.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 22, 2016, 03:04:36 PM
And one final nagging for now, can you do a sheet audit for me this weekend? I'm pretty sure everything is in the right place, but wanted to make sure.

Sure. Bug me, say, tomorrow evening.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Everyone's back at Aurora. Yay! In light of that, it's time for the to do list. The party has a little less than a week to do things while Morniel does his diplomacy and information gathering. What I want from all of you is any things you'd like to be done. Things to be done should involve minimal RPing, this is meant to clear out the back log of things to accomplish rather than anything else.

1. Cloud giant castle integration. This one's been talked about on IRC so figure out if y'all are doing it.
2. Helping Kascha. Kascha's in a bad way and she might well get worse. Going to do anything to help her?

I'd like each of you to post and add anything relevant, we won't move on until everyone's had a chance to chime in.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'll bug Kascha about her true name once she's feeling a bit better.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Updated.

1. Cloud giant castle integration. This one's been talked about on IRC so figure out if y'all are doing it.
2. Helping Kascha. Kascha's in a bad way and she might well get worse. Going to do anything to help her?
3. Kascha's true name. Ask Kascha her true name to see if it helps or is relevant.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina will ask Baleruk for his medical judgement on whether giving Kascha the half-water elemental template will help her tough out goldenfire overdosing (at least it's +2 con).

Not enough time for her to get any more templates right now sadly so she'll just putter about Aurora otherwise. People probably have magic items they want made. If Simmer gets exiled so we can add on the giant castle she'll probably tag along for pyrofey solidarity.

Nephrite

*Moore would follow up on what Beniel's been doing, if he's around.
*He'd also offer to help Afina in forging things at her leisure.
*He's pretty much good to go on things for himself, so he'd offer to help out anyone who needs it.
*Oh, he'd also check in with Queen Illsenine since she said she'd get back to him.
*If nothing else he'd just flat use a Divination to as "What else should I do around here?" if he doesn't find things to help with.