News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

I'm fine with the Mineral stuff being handled OOC, if we want to go deeper in later we can after this big stuff.

Ebiris

Merc

Ithea would be involved in #1 and probably would want to be involved with #3.

Ithea could be involved in #2, but only really if needed. Seems better to have those involved there originally?

No reason for involvement in #4-5 outside of stumbling onto them or getting asked to be involved, so pass on those.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

So right now it is:

Afina: 3 and 4.
Moore: 4.
Ithea: 1 and 3.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll & Calleigh are indifferent, unless there are either colors, rainbows, slaads, or pretty things involved. Then they want to do those.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

That'll tie you into 3, since that has Baleruk. Okay then.

Calleigh: 3.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Moore's also fine helping out somehow with 1, but if that gets too crowded then that's OK.

Iron Dragoon

I'd go for 3.

As for what sort of hoard, I really wasn't aware there were types. I'd go for more easily transportable things than gold, with higher value. Magic items and gems, primarily.

As for location, somewhere more hidden that I can illusion up, but still be fairly central to getting around. From reading about Faerie Dragons, I sorta think something in the area of the phase spiders would be most desirable (what I read was Faerie Dragons really prefer webs, soft things, and nest-like things, so I'm sort of picturing them being like Ravens), dependent on my being able to get along with them and their willingness to not try and jack my stuff. I don't know much about phase spiders, so I don't know how likely that is.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Calleigh: 3.
Surraruthru: 3.

Looks like 3 will be the main event. Depending on that, I may option a few people away from that, so that we aren't all in one topic that moves at a crawl.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 24, 2016, 09:21:41 PM
I'd go for 3.

As for what sort of hoard, I really wasn't aware there were types. I'd go for more easily transportable things than gold, with higher value. Magic items and gems, primarily.

As for location, somewhere more hidden that I can illusion up, but still be fairly central to getting around. From reading about Faerie Dragons, I sorta think something in the area of the phase spiders would be most desirable (what I read was Faerie Dragons really prefer webs, soft things, and nest-like things, so I'm sort of picturing them being like Ravens), dependent on my being able to get along with them and their willingness to not try and jack my stuff. I don't know much about phase spiders, so I don't know how likely that is.

Well, let's start with what you have. How much loot do you have for a hoard?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

My entire ownings ATM:

Mithril Light Shield +5 (Animated), 50,000gp: +6 AC, no armor check penalty
Mithril Chain Shirt +5, 26,100gp: +9 AC, no armor check penalty.
Shirt of Wraith Stalking, 12,000gp: Hide from Undead, no save regardless of Int.
Bracers of the Hunter, 45,500gp: +15 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, +2 competence bonus on Initiative checks.
Gloves of the Starry Sky, 2,200gp: 'Light' at will, Magic Missile 3/day at your CL.
Boots of Swift Passage, 10,000gp: 20 foot teleportation as a move action.
Ring of the Darkhidden, 4,000gp: You are invisible to darkvision.
Ring of Counterspelling, 4,000gp: Automatically counters a preselected spell of 1st-6th level.
Belt of Magnificence +6, 200,000gp: +6 to all stats
Cloak of Resistance +10, 100,000gp: +10 to all saves
Headband of Conscious Effort +15, 35,750gp: +15 Competence bonus to Concentration checks, 1/day make a Concentration check in place of Fort save.
Hathren Mask of True Seeing, 75,000gp: Grants a constant True Seeing effect.

Stuff:
Heward's Handy Saddlebags, 2,000gp: Two side pouches hold 2 cubic feet in volume or 20 pounds in weight, central portion of the pack can contain up to 8 cubic feet or 80 pounds of material. Always weighs 5 pounds. Retrieving any specific item from a saddlebags is a move action, but it does not provoke the attacks of opportunity.
Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, 3,000: Recover spells in 1 hour once every 48 hours.
Ioun Stone, Orange, 30,000gp: +1 CL

Monies: 45,637gp

+Wand now, I suppose.

Notably, I do still need to buy food/drink items.

Corwin

Yes, bed rest will actually kill her. Since our knowledge suggests this would work and Lathander and Mystra agree, I'm for it. I agree that we should talk to Seira and tried via Tepen, but she wouldn't take his call. Maybe if Afina or Surraruthru tried a Commune? Alternately, it was suggested Simmer might go somewhere for the duration of the cloud castle thing, so if she can go to the Cauldron to talk to someone Kascha can probably hang in there for a few hours until we hear back from her.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on January 24, 2016, 05:44:02 PM
IC todo list

1. Castle benefits discussion. Will happen at next Aurora briefing.
2. Lathander reinforcements.
3. Kascha, pending diplomacy and Baleruk.
4. Moore talking to Afina about forging. Let's include Queen Ilsenine in this, since that needs to happen as well.
5. Spending time with Ellese.

We have 5 things to do. I'd like to bundle these out in a way that every PC is involved in something. How you split this up is up to y'all.  Figure this out amid yourselves and let me know.

I asked about 2 and 5. 3 is an obvious thing that takes precedence, but feel free to decide who fits best for it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

I have no idea what a commune involves, but since I technically have a contract with Seira, I'm guessing I can use that to garner attention.