News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A new spell has been added to the spell collection, lasting invisibility. For those times where you need to be invisible for a long time. It's a 4th level spell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

[13:27] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+35+15 K:P for Vlaakith
[13:27] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 68 > [d20=18]

Merc

Oh sure, NOW you roll an 18.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Nephrite

Hey, I rolled a 20 yesterday for Tryll!!!

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 14, 2016, 02:28:03 PM
[13:27] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+35+15 K:P for Vlaakith
[13:27] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 68 > [d20=18]

What precisely do you want to know?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Who she is, what might've led to her being here since it seems like it's a surprise she showed up. Any relationships she might have with powers Moore would know or her history with Aurora if there is one.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 15, 2016, 12:29:47 PM
Who she is, what might've led to her being here since it seems like it's a surprise she showed up. Any relationships she might have with powers Moore would know or her history with Aurora if there is one.

Vlaakith is the lich-queen of the githyanki. She rules over them as the supreme queen and the closest thing they have to a deity, and she does not allow the gith to worship any true deities. She's been around for countless ages and is likely one of the most powerful liches in Creation. The fact that she hasn't become a deity in her own right is unusual, she's in the perfect position for it. OOC, I'll note that it's most likely because she doesn't want to risk Ao rejecting her.

She has a few notable ties. She negotiated a pact between the gith and red dragons (and by extension Tiamat) that has red dragons and gith work together. This is primarily for affairs on the Prime Material Plane and less the Astral or the outer planes, though nothing stops them from serving wherever. She mostly stays out of the greater wars of good and evil. While there's no doubt she's a creature of wickedness, she's not the sort of go-getter about good and evil that outsiders tend to be.

She doesn't get along with the githzerai, but that racial squabble's ancient and ugly.

As for Aurora relations, why don't the PCs fill that one in here? Yes, I'm delegating, but it's something that's reasonably explained by them.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

She sent us some pretty crowns and asked for a meeting. We snubbed her and never did meet her. We used the crowns though until Afina made awesomer belts. Or awesomer hats where Pixies are involved.

She didn't seem to take it personally though, we haven't had githyanki assassins after us or anything!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Plus we have our resident GrumpyGith Vul'lath, who REALLY doesn't want to go home. Ever. He's about as happy as he can get with us.

Besides her being evil, was there a specific reason we snubbed her?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

We sent an emissary with an awesome shield as a reciprocal gift for her!

We also fobbed off her alliance offer by pointing to our troubles with Tiamat. The main reason was just because it wasn't very beneficial and we feared her usurping our crusade since the alliance offer came very early on when we didn't have much between ourselves. Once we got stronger our rep was already pretty bad thanks to Annalise and Baleruk so it just wasn't worth our while to pursue, and yeah a friend of Tiamat can't really be a friend of ours.

Anastasia

Politics are a thing, yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

So are githyanki in general evil and Vul'lath is an exception or is there more to it than that?

Anastasia

Githyanki are generally evil. They aren't always evil so exceptions do happen, Vul'lath is one of them. While they live in the Astral, they are a mortal race.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

So it wouldn't be a stretch to say that our actions are probably a marriage of convenience for her.