News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Can there be an epic spell that makes me stealthy despite glowing like a bonfire? Maybe like Hide from Undead except against Devils or Evil?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 12:37:30 AM
-Take Candy to visit my brother

If you're going to visit your brother, could you summarize what you know about him, so I'm on the same page as you? It's been awhile over several different scenes, so I want to make sure we both have it straight.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 29, 2016, 02:28:53 PM
Numbered in order of importance to me as the PC, not to the characters.

1. Find a way to reliably obtain psionic items.

2. Need a proper PrC for Tryll's advancement. Something suitably epic and psionic, without doing something that another class does. Uniqueness! But also usefulness.

3. Figure out how to obtain the Paragon template (I am aware this may be impossible).
     -If this is unpossible, go full rainbow (but not like Afina because that's her thing, maybe contact Renbuu. Tryll's met him before)

4. Flesh out Irrigo race. (personal goal, not IC. Could be though, if you wanna.)

5. The Incredible Adventures of Calleigh and Rosa (plus Tryll)?

6. Acquire currency.

7. Calleigh wants a puppy. (this is probably not a good idea)

8. Write Muirfinn's Book

That looks like your last list. Which is fine, but do you have anything new to add to it?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Uh, just that he's much older and apparently immortal and awesome? I don't think Hanna really talked much beyond the whole 'he's still around and maybe we'll meet one day'. I'm honestly not sure how to efficiently comb the old logs for this....

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 02:46:18 PM
Uh, just that he's much older and apparently immortal and awesome? I don't think Hanna really talked much beyond the whole 'he's still around and maybe we'll meet one day'. I'm honestly not sure how to efficiently comb the old logs for this....

Nor am I, hence passing the buck.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[22:38] <Jaela> "I guess you know him best. Is he even single?"
[22:40] <Kotono> "Last I checked, but I've been busy," Hanna starts to swim to the shore now, "I don't think he's had a relationship in a few decades."

The only relevant part I saw. I'm fairly sure I wasn't told much if anything.

As a spoiler, searching the logs for 'brother' isn't as helpful as one might think!

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
Dune, can there be an epic flashflood except with holy water or something? Anti-undead or devil features?
Basic flashflood is a lvl8 spell that leaves the water behind. (can it be some other liquid instead?)

Holy water's doable. What adjustment depends on the damage. A bottle of holy water does 2d4 to fiends an undead, which is barely worth boosting it to 9th level. Adding more robust damage (10d6 since that's damage for acid immersion) is reasonable but would require me to do some spell study.

Changing it to another liquid depends on the liquid.

More advanced anti-whatever features depend on the feature.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 12:59:03 PM
Dune, again! Can there be a Wall of Good spell that just works on evil rather than require a save, and needs to be countered/dispelled to bypass?

Maybe. As a general rule, 'Can I get this spell but without a save' rarely gets approved. It's not really that much different than wall of force, though, so let me think about it and throw some concepts up, see how they look.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 02:42:37 PM
Can there be an epic spell that makes me stealthy despite glowing like a bonfire? Maybe like Hide from Undead except against Devils or Evil?

I don't see why not, it's hardly out of line with other concealment effects and tricks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 29, 2016, 02:46:18 PM

That'll do. If you find more let me know.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on August 29, 2016, 02:36:31 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 28, 2016, 10:18:03 PM
As far as Lief goes, IMO he'd be pretty okay with moving on. He'd want to try to help Aurora still, but to be honest, he's been tortured twice and killed three times now. I think he'd be pretty tapped out. I think it'd be his preference to be reborn in a way that would help Aurora.

Lief's options, barring intervention by a higher power (such as Titania or Oberon since he's a fey) boil down to:

1. Attempt resurrection. If this fails go to two.
2. Pass on to Yggdrasil and be reborn as a different fey. This removes memories of his past life and is a fresh start.
3. Become a guardian of Yggdrasil. Some elite fey are tapped for a period of service to Yggdrasil after death, sort of a break between lives since it's not a terribly difficult duty. This is only offered by the entities in control of Yggdrasil, such as Titania. Lief would qualify for this mechanically, though someone would still have to choose to offer it. This binds him to Yggdrasil and makes him an NPC you probably won't see again. Normally I wouldn't mention this, but Lief's exceptional enough to warrant this as a possibility.
4. Become :spoiler:.

Now if a higher power chooses to intervene that all goes out the window. This isn't something you can dictate, though Aurora could petition a relevant power if they wanted to.

All of this is separate from the question if Aurora will attempt to resurrect him. If Lief doesn't want to return, it doesn't matter if they try, since it'll fail.

For what it's worth, Moore would probably petition Celestia/Erathaol in some way since he was sort of given the onus to go save him in the first place, if that came up.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on August 29, 2016, 02:36:31 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 28, 2016, 10:18:03 PM
As far as Lief goes, IMO he'd be pretty okay with moving on. He'd want to try to help Aurora still, but to be honest, he's been tortured twice and killed three times now. I think he'd be pretty tapped out. I think it'd be his preference to be reborn in a way that would help Aurora.

Lief's options, barring intervention by a higher power (such as Titania or Oberon since he's a fey) boil down to:

1. Attempt resurrection. If this fails go to two.
2. Pass on to Yggdrasil and be reborn as a different fey. This removes memories of his past life and is a fresh start.
3. Become a guardian of Yggdrasil. Some elite fey are tapped for a period of service to Yggdrasil after death, sort of a break between lives since it's not a terribly difficult duty. This is only offered by the entities in control of Yggdrasil, such as Titania. Lief would qualify for this mechanically, though someone would still have to choose to offer it. This binds him to Yggdrasil and makes him an NPC you probably won't see again. Normally I wouldn't mention this, but Lief's exceptional enough to warrant this as a possibility.
4. Become :spoiler:.

Now if a higher power chooses to intervene that all goes out the window. This isn't something you can dictate, though Aurora could petition a relevant power if they wanted to.

All of this is separate from the question if Aurora will attempt to resurrect him. If Lief doesn't want to return, it doesn't matter if they try, since it'll fail.

I would say #3 would fit best. Though he'd be bound to Yggdrasil, it still affords some chance of contact with Aurora's fey. #4 probably wouldn't be too far off from #3, depending on what it is.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 29, 2016, 02:43:52 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on August 29, 2016, 02:28:53 PM
Numbered in order of importance to me as the PC, not to the characters.

1. Find a way to reliably obtain psionic items.

2. Need a proper PrC for Tryll's advancement. Something suitably epic and psionic, without doing something that another class does. Uniqueness! But also usefulness.

3. Figure out how to obtain the Paragon template (I am aware this may be impossible).
     -If this is unpossible, go full rainbow (but not like Afina because that's her thing, maybe contact Renbuu. Tryll's met him before)

4. Flesh out Irrigo race. (personal goal, not IC. Could be though, if you wanna.)

5. The Incredible Adventures of Calleigh and Rosa (plus Tryll)?

6. Acquire currency.

7. Calleigh wants a puppy. (this is probably not a good idea)

8. Write Muirfinn's Book

That looks like your last list. Which is fine, but do you have anything new to add to it?

Not right now. I'm underslept and cranky. Tired. Nap sounds good. Might add more later. Otherwise, we're available to help out anyone else who needs it.

Tryll can also aid in the extraction of information from Willah, if needed.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Moore would like to be at the summary but will leave the Willah stuff up to the Lifasans.

Anastasia

Gold's up. Note that I may revise or drop his custom spells later, I bent some of my own design rules to make them. Consider them experiments.
<Afina> Forever.