News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I'll set to it this weekend.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Outstanding.

I thought you posted it but I can't find it offhand.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on September 22, 2016, 10:28:16 PM
Eb is all shiny now.

Feat seems like too much effort, but we'll see. I might poke later on that again.

For spells, option 2 would be my preferred but I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend as a preliminary proposal for that. If it's too much work, probably option 1. Not a great fan of 1 or 3, but of those, 1 seems better.

Okay. If you're going to take a swing at it that's more than welcome. Want any advice?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

3 misc spells added to the spell collection. Check the change log for details.

9/24/16: Added 3 spells from an old project: 3: Catfriend, Telepathy 4: Cat's Reflexes. Telepathy's from a bit about fiend cultists while the cat spells are from a thing about a cult of Sharess. Neither got out of the planning phases and these fragments are most of the worthwhile content from them.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Create living spell's in the spell collection now, so that's fair game. I'll add a possible upgrade for that in the Aurora topic, that's on tap today before B5.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 15, 2016, 04:49:33 PM
Interested in building a Spellpool into my lair. Maybe combining it with the Living Vault. Living Spellpool Vault or something. I know that vault is still pending.

Saw this again while checking on some backlog. Add that to your todo list so it's not forgotten. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Aurora topic's adjusted for some of the new suggestions.

- Gate options are added. The 100k discount is spread over the entire thing, so you only get all of it if you install both gates.
- Prismatic wall option added. Exactly as noted in nagging.
- Lightning ball, orb of lightning and holy smite cannon options added. They all key off the fireball cannons now and require the base installation to add them. There's also an optional upgrade to allow choosing between the different cannon types if you're purchased more than one.
- Lesser orb of lightning cannons weren't done due to redundancy.
- Ballistae aren't done for two reasons. 1. I haven't done my homework, just haven't found the time. 2. I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not going to approve the true strike option, so should I even bother? If this kills the interest in them, I won't fuss myself with unneeded work. If I'm wrong, say so and I'll add them.
- As for casting things through Aurora, check out the upgrade that was already there:

Add long range spell capacity (Allows casting spells through Medicant and through the illusionary battlefield) 400,000 gold; 5 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 4 DC 50 K:A check; 10 days.

This is a little ill defined, so I'll elaborate on it here. When you're in the and using the illusionary battlefield ability, you can channel spells to work through Aurora or onto that battlefield. It has to be a spell with a range that isn't personal, touch or isn't otherwise restricted to just yourself. It works as if you cast it there, you select the position and so on and so forth. Only one person can use it at a time, but it gives them a lot of flexibility when being a general.

- Bath options weren't added since I didn't see much of a consensus or even discussion about it after that. If I'm wrong, quote the posts that talk about it and I'll add them. Alternately, hash it out here and I'll add it. Whatever works.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Two new spells in the spell collection. They're both innocuous blockade spells from the Vastwoods. The 'shroom spells aren't coming over for a myriad of reasons, but those two aren't related to it and function just fine. May as well add them for a little more content.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Everyone has B3 avatars now that Yuth's on board. That's awesome. As a result, expect a bonus shop update in a day or two.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> Should I toss a post in nagging about the enlarge magical beast? I expect to largely copy Animal Growth, and make it like Wiz/Sorc 5 or 6.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on September 26, 2016, 01:48:56 AM
Everyone has B3 avatars now that Yuth's on board. That's awesome. As a result, expect a bonus shop update in a day or two.

*Eyes Yogg-saron avatar and raises dubious eyebrow to Dune* That looks like Father.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on September 26, 2016, 02:16:12 PM

*Eyes Yogg-saron avatar and raises dubious eyebrow to Dune* That looks like Father.

Yes and...?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 26, 2016, 01:52:09 AM
> Should I toss a post in nagging about the enlarge magical beast? I expect to largely copy Animal Growth, and make it like Wiz/Sorc 5 or 6.

That's fine, just write up a quick version of the spell and paste it in here. I'll handle it from there.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on September 26, 2016, 03:14:02 PM
Quote from: Merc on September 26, 2016, 02:16:12 PM

Yes and...?

Did Calleigh die and Yuth is now playing Father in B3? Did you guys recruit Father?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on September 26, 2016, 03:14:28 PM
That's fine, just write up a quick version of the spell and paste it in here. I'll handle it from there.

I basically just C/P'd Animal Growth and changed spell level and stuff. I would like to request it be made (Harmless) with a bump to spell level for it, but seeing as none of the other similar spells are, I doubt there's much to back that up.

Enlarge Magical Beast
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: Up to one Magical Beast (Gargantuan or smaller) per two levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

A number of Magical Beasts grow to twice their normal size and eight times their normal weight. This alteration changes each Magical Beasts' size category to the next largest, grants it a +8 size bonus to Strength and a +4 size bonus to Constitution (and thus an extra 2 hit points per HD), and imposes a -2 size penalty to Dexterity. The creature's existing natural armor bonus increases by 2. The size change also affects the Magical Beasts' modifier to AC and attack rolls and its base damage. The Magical Beasts' space and reach change as appropriate to the new size, but its speed does not change.

If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it— the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.

All equipment worn or carried by a Magical Beast is similarly enlarged by the spell, though this change has no effect on the magical properties of any such equipment.

Any enlarged item that leaves the enlarged creature's possession instantly returns to its normal size.

The spell gives no means of command or influence over the enlarged Magical Beasts.

Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.