Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 29, 2016, 05:28:38 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 29, 2016, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 29, 2016, 05:01:57 PM
Question about the Dragonheart I picked up; other uses for it.

Three ideas.
1) Living vault helper.

How so? That's a little thin on details, what do you have in mind?

Maybe adding Dragon or Red-dragon sub-type to it or something? Adding dragon scales for extra armor or DR/SR or something?

There's no dragon or red dragon subtype. There's the dragon type, which you already are. True dragons are a type of dragon.

The heart has draconic properties, you could perhaps convert it to something like that in a proper ritual. Make an K:A check.

QuoteHmm, I'll keep that in mind for the next time I hit the library or go to the Cauldron, then.

Add it to the todo list so we don't forget.

QuoteI'll do so when we get back to Aurora, then.

Cool.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+34 K:A
<Rei-chan> Iddy rolled : 1d20+34 K:A --> [ 1d20=6 ]{40}
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 29, 2016, 05:40:21 PM
> roll 1d20+34 K:A
<Rei-chan> Iddy rolled : 1d20+34 K:A --> [ 1d20=6 ]{40}

Yes, though you'd have to research them. Something to do when you get back, feel free to add it to do as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo: Hanna and Mirajane loot.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Moore's Celestia Worship House

A glorious, yet humble building, large enough to fit many but small enough to not take up the entire area. The outside is covered in bright gold and silver lining, adorning the seven windows -- two on the front with the doors, then two more on the sides, save for the back that sets itself against the courtyard walls.

The main doors are two made of a strong wood with a circle on each with six smaller circles within, each circle having a small passage written in Celestial for each layer of Celestia itself. The handles are made of a polished stone that is smoothed over completely so as not to even seem rough at all.

Inside has several  pews, fit for at least 30 people comfortably across with a large walkway between the three sets on the left or right that lead to a grand altar for sermons or for prayer. The altar itself is covered in a rich and dark blue carpeting with gold lining on the ends that leads straight forward and up some small stairs to where the altar itself is. Atop the altar, made of a white and pearly stone, is a small stone and a plank of wood, both from Lunia.

Beyond the altar is a large, stained glass window (oh, there's the seventh one) set with another image of Mount Celestia, with each deity from Celestia set at varying levels, as represents the layers that they each reside in. Right below the stained glass is a permanent image, about 8 feet tall, of Mount Celestia, including clouds and a sparkling light at the top to represent Chronias.

Finally, on the far sides, near the two windows are chairs and tables, two each, for those who wish to simply sit in peace and enjoy the quiet. The windows themselves are all clear so people can look out onto the courtyard at their leisure.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Rainbow Moon

This is a fanciful book about a hero's trip to the rainbow moon, where he battles a colorful cast of quirky monsters. It's fun reading for all, just the thing to relax and get your mind off of things. For once, there's no magic or danger, just a good story.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Working on spells. Feel free to comment.

Fleet
Transmutation
Level: Travel 11
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

You channel the concept of speed into you, granting you vastly improved speed. Your speed for all modes of movement increase increases by 10ft per two caster levels (maximum 150ft at 30th level). This counts as an enhancement bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I think an epic spell that 'only' boosts movement speed should have a much longer duration. Make it something to help with overland travel since its utility in battle is fairly marginal except as a better version of expeditious retreat (which has a better duration anyway). At least 10m/level but 1 hour/level wouldn't be out of line.

I suppose it'd be great for speeding up burrowers even with the short duration, but for an 11th level spell it's really lacking.

Anastasia

Mystra's Spell Protection
Abjuration
Level: Magic 12, Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

By channeling Mystra's protection into a creature, you grant them near-impenetrable protection against spells. This grants them several benefits as listed below.

The target gains spell resistance equal to 13 + your caster level. They also gain a +10 resistance bonus to saves against spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. The creature touched has the benefit of evasion against spells and spell-like abilities that offer a Reflex save.

Finally, as an immediate action, the target may choose to end this spell to turn a spell of 10th level or lower. Treat this a spell being turned by spell turning and follows all of the rules of that spell, including what spells can and cannot be turned. Once you turn the spell, Mystra's spell protection ends.

Focus

A diamond worth 5000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 30, 2016, 10:36:56 AM
I think an epic spell that 'only' boosts movement speed should have a much longer duration. Make it something to help with overland travel since its utility in battle is fairly marginal except as a better version of expeditious retreat (which has a better duration anyway). At least 10m/level but 1 hour/level wouldn't be out of line.

I suppose it'd be great for speeding up burrowers even with the short duration, but for an 11th level spell it's really lacking.

Fair enough. Can you dig up some movement boosting spells (especially higher level ones if you can find any) so we can establish a better baseline? Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

1st level: Expeditious Retreat. +30 enhancement, 1m/level.
2nd level: Lively step. +10 untyped, affects multiple targets, up to 12 hours but spell ends if any action other than move action is taken.
3rd level: Haste. +30 enhancement, combat bonuses, affects multiple targets, 1rnd/level.
4th level: Wind at Back. Doubles speed solely for overland movement, affects multiple targets, 12 hours.

That's about it for purely improving speed. Past that you get into spells which also grant new movement modes which usually come with set speeds of their own like giving you flight 60 rather than flight 'your speed plus 30'. However there's one notable mention for pure speed:

6th level (7th for druid): Wind Walk. 600 feet per round flight with poor manoeuvrability. Changes your form as per gaseous form but you can switch to your normal form and back again without ending the spell. 1 hour/level.

Corwin

I'd say Phantom Steed is also relevant.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantomSteed.htm

Level:    Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 3
Casting Time:    10 minutes
Duration:    1 hour/level (D)

A phantom steed has a speed of 20 feet per caster level, to a maximum of 240 feet.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake