News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Yeah, that works. We did have to wait a day till Anty was available. I can contribute my knowledge, too.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

That's fine.

If properly forged, you discover that the ember will bestow on you some of the first energies of Creation. A time when nothing was assured and destiny was purely what one makes of it. Limitless potential is in your hands, allowing you to be exempt from destiny, as you instead forge a new one.

This makes you a wildcard. You naturally break things like prophecies or manipulations so long as you have the weapon. Powers that directly control destiny fail against you. Divinations that attempt to discern your future actions fail.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Ebiris

I guess I can make it into a spearhead for Jaela?

Anastasia

You can form it into any one weapon you like. Choose as you will.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It'd be cool if you're fine with it.

Ebiris

I got the last superweapon, and I know you were disappointed at never getting 21. Jaela can have this one.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Nephrite

Just something I'm doing for fun and I had a spontaneous idea about. It's probably too strong a spell, but I figured why not.

Cartography
Divination
Level: Ranger 3, Bard 5, Druid 5 (Should these be higher? I don't know)
Components: V, S, AF, DF,
Casting Time: 3 rounds
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

When you cast this spell, you are surrounded by a nimbus of blue light. In your mind, a map unfolds of the location you are in, showing you the layout, hallways, doors, stairs and other locations within.

When the light fades, you retain his knowledge. You instantly gain an overview of the dungeon or location you are currently in, which can include a cave, castle, dungeon or any other place that you happen to find yourself in. This spell does show secret passages but cannot penetrate locations sealed or hidden by magical means. This spell also does not give you an idea of where any creatures or objects may be located, including traps, only an understanding of your location as if you were looking at a map.

Yuthirin

Cheesy question:

I've been very vigilant over which Powers Known I have, since there isn't a table like spellcasters have. Basically I built my power list as though I were leveling, only selecting powers that would have been available to me at that level.

My question is, did I have to do this? If I were to redo my powers, could I choose any powers known as though all powers were received at my current level?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

If you rebuild, I'd rule you'd have to. Same way you can't use your level 1 feat when retraining to select something you couldn't qualify for at level 1.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Though to be honest? With the way psionics are structured, I'm not sure it's a giant deal either way.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 14, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
Though to be honest? With the way psionics are structured, I'm not sure it's a giant deal either way.
Okay then.

Also, since you told me to, here's the power I plan on taking at next level for my new discipline bonus power.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Looks solid enough. Cheating death by psicrystal? The ten day thing holds it back a fair bit, unless there's shenanigans afoot to sidestep that.
<Afina> Forever.