Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Cresiel reaches level 24.

- Solar 24 and Hellreaver 14.
- As a solar, Cresiel gets maximum hit points per hit die. That's 10 on a d10 for a total of 22 hit points and a grand total of 526 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 24.
- Caster level of his SLAs rise by 1 to 24.
- Regeneration increases by 1 to 16.
- Spell resistance increases by 1 to 37.
- Holy fury points rise by 1 to 23.
- Divine succor rises by 10 to 50.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Charisma for a total of 30.
- He selects the following feat: Soothing Presence(24).
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Todo: Move epic shieldmate into epic feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Bubbles reaches level 24.

- Nymph 24 and Temptress 13.
- 3 on a d6 for a total of 8 hit points and a grand total of 231 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 22.
- Gains 1 10th and 1 11th level spell slot. She selects another mass heal and fog trap.
- +1 temptation points.
- Craven's bonus to SA rises by 1.
- DC of temptations rises by 1 to 30.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Charisma for a total of 28.
- Skills go up as normal.
- She selects the following feat: Epic Toughness(24). 279 hit points after that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo list

1. Go through nagging, answer/resolve posts.
2. Ilsenine's level up.
3. Loot.
4. Sticky Neph's Aurora fund post.
5. Finnegan rebuild.
6. More spells.
7. More spells.
8. More spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 09, 2017, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on January 08, 2017, 11:08:55 PM

Okay. I have a few concerns about it but let's try this. They're mostly along the lines of shenanigans about stopping bardic musics and or combining lingering song or whatever the epic feat is and getting crazy. It's probably okay, though. It also needs some clarification on a point. When a music is no longe rmaintained from you and the effects persist, they're on a time limit. Say one's like that for a few rounds and then you cast this spell. Afterwards, do you mean for the post-maintaining duration to reset back to full?

Greater Lingering Chorus
Illusion (Figment)
Level: Brd 8

This spell is functions as lingering chorus, except as noted here. It can maintain any number of your bardic musics, even if you are not currently maintaining them, as long as they are still affecting you or your allies.

Let's say I start Inspire Courage on Round 1, then on Round 2 start Inspire Greatness and Inspire Heroics via Harmonize. On Round 3, I would then cast this, and it would maintain all three -- I realize the issue with shenanigans, but I would argue that bard 8 isn't exactly a common level to be able to get to in the first place. For what it's worth he's taking Lingering Song as a feat to replace Doomspeak, so under normal circumstances it'd just be for emergencies where he's going to need to do a lot more than singing.

If there's a significant concern you could say it can only support 2 songs, but in that case it'd probably be Bard 7?

It's fine as is then. Okay.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 09, 2017, 01:34:02 PM
Going through my equipment and wanted to double check on this: Does a mask take up both of these slots or just one?

* One headband, hat, helmet, or phylactery on the head
* One pair of eye lenses or goggles on or over the eyes

It feels like it should go in the second slot, but wearing a mask and wearing a hat seems like... uh... weird, to me.

Masks take the face slot. See body slots, page 218 of the MIC You can wear a mask with a head slot item (though sometimes odd combination may result in rule 0ing, ask me).
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 09, 2017, 02:19:04 PM
Dune, think I'm going to go with Elemental Body for my Tapestry spell. Afina won't get a ton out of it, but the immunities it offers and bonuses for basically everyone else are just too solid to really pass up.

So noted. Have fun with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 09, 2017, 03:26:24 PM
Favored Soul spell pickups just for the record:

4: Planar Tolerance
5: Wall of Stone
6: Greater Heroism Find the Path
7: Greater Plane Shift, Shield of the Archons, Fortunate Fate

Note that Shield of the Archons has the archon component. See page 89 of the BoED. Short version: You need to have the archon subtype to cast it.

Note for transparency: Some angels who are LG and serve Mount Celestia get a pass on this, due to the nature of how angels work in the campaign.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 10, 2017, 02:28:22 PM
Dune, would you approve of something along the lines of this:

Fey Blood (General)
You have one or more fey as ancestors, and as a result your druid powers come naturally to you rather than from any great insight into the nature of the world.
Prerequisites: Cha 11+, ability to speak the Sylvan language, humanoid or giant type.
Benefit: Your druid spellcasting powers are based on Charisma rather than Wisdom. To prepare or cast a druid spell, you must have a Charisma score of at least 10 + the spell's level, and you gain bonus spells based on your Charisma score. The DC for saving throws against your druid spells is 10 + the spell's level + your Charisma modifier. This feat does not alter the means by which you prepare or cast druid spells; you must still prepare spells in advance, as normal. Because you are using your natural fey connection to nature as the conduit for your magical powers rather than any great insight, your spells are considered to be partially fey magic. Any druid of 4th level or higher with the Resist Nature's Lure class ability gains a +2 bonus to saving throws against your druid spells.
Special: You may only select this feat at 1st level, though you need not possess the druid class at that time. Your DM may limit this feat to certain appropriate races that would be likely to have crossbred with fey over the history of the campaign world.

I'm...not sure. Let me run some combos and see how a Charisma based druid would work. I'll get back to you on it in a bit.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 10, 2017, 03:43:51 PM
Switched some skills I haven't used, prereqs weren't touched. Also switched bonus domains so I would've grabbed Illusion earlier, since its granted power is happily sacrificed to the Ordained Champion gods.

Less Sense Motive and Survival, more writing and painting.

Sounds good. Gotta get artistic, right?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 10, 2017, 08:16:45 PM
Dune, I uh, just noticed that Surraruthru didn't take a level 24 Epic feat. I will be correcting this.

Can I select a feat from the Grand Weaver bonus feat list for it, or is it restricted to normal Epic Feat list?

As discussed in chat, it's a feat gained normally rather than a bonus feat. It can be any feat you qualify for.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 10, 2017, 08:34:43 PM
Dune, what do you think of this:

Superior Critical

[Epic]

Choose one type of melee weapon, such as a claw or bite. With that weapon, you are capable of killing any creature with a single strike.

Prerequisite:
Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Weapon Focus (Chosen Weapon), Greater Weapon Focus (Chosen Weapon)

Benefit

When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is tripled. For example, a longsword usually threatens a critical hit on a roll of 19-20 (two numbers). If a character using a longsword has Superior Critical (longsword), the threat range becomes 16-20 (five numbers).

Special
You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon.

First of all, it would stack to 15-20. Improved crit with a longsword is 17-20, so expanding it again would make it 15-20.

Second of all, eh. There's two crit feats in epic so far. Overwhelming critical (see houserules since it has loosened prereqs) adds bonus damage dice to a critical hit. Devastating critical (see houserules since it has loosened prereqs and a different bonus) increases your critical threat by 1. So a longsword would be x3, a scythe x5 and so on. This feat would be chained to them, probably after devastating critical.

Third, I've been avoiding expanding the crit range further in epic. Largely things add on more damage or bonuses rather than enabling more frequent criticals. For example:

Stygian Critical [Epic]
Prerequisites: Overwhelming Critical, Staggering Critical, str 23
Benefit: When you confirm a critical hit with a weapon for which you have the Improved Critical feat, the target is also slowed for 3 rounds. This overlaps (does not stack) with the benefits from the Staggering Critical feat. In addition, the target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your hit dice + Strength modifier) or be confused for 3 rounds as well due to sudden, brief amnesia.

So I wouldn't approve it. I'd suggest thinking more of add ons to crits rather than more crits. Going beyond improved crit range is generally the domain of special abilities rather than feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 11, 2017, 01:33:25 AM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 10, 2017, 08:16:45 PM
Dune, I uh, just noticed that Surraruthru didn't take a level 24 Epic feat. I will be correcting this.

Can I select a feat from the Grand Weaver bonus feat list for it, or is it restricted to normal Epic Feat list?

Gonna take [Epic] Improved Tapestry. I can now pump level 8 and below spells through the tapestry. MIND BLANK AND SURRARUTHRU'S STUPENDOUS DRAGONSKIN FOR EVERYONE!

Neat, have fun with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo

1. Go through nagging, answer/resolve posts.
2. Ilsenine's level up.
3. Loot.
4. Sticky Neph's Aurora fund post.
5. Finnegan rebuild.
6. More spells.
7. More spells.
8. More spells.
[/quote]
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Add Living Spell Laboratory: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 45 K:A checks, 2 DC 45 Appraise checks; 3 days.

Afina can make the Arcana checks by taking 10 for 49. Vul'lath can make the Appraise checks by taking 10 for 47.

Disjunction trap for the gates, fires before the magic missiles (CL 20): 100,000 gold; 2 DC 35 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 35 K:A check; 6 days.

Afina can make the spellcraft and arcana checks by taking 10 for 49.

Repair training rooms: 30,000 gold; 2 DC 30 K:A checks; 1 DC 32 K:A&E check; 4 days.

Tepen can make the arcana and architecture checks by taking 10 for 65.