News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 14, 2017, 07:57:29 AM
Dune, are you still working on epic spell ideas for me?  >_>

At the moment, it's on the agenda, but no progress has been made. I just had no inspiration from what was suggested. Not your fault, it's just the way inspiration works.

Clearly I need levels in factotum.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

> What's he looking for? Maybe the players can help.
<Kotono> Uh, I'd have to find the post. One sec.
<Kotono> http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1086323/topicseen.html#msg1086323
> What about a version of Spike Stones that detonates does slashing/piercing damage over a huge AoE?
> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spikeStones.htm
<Kotono> Doable. Try writing up a spell around that.
> The Prismatic Walls thing for the multiple walls thing would be interesting. You could do a Prismatic variation of a Sphere of Annihilation type deal, and have it spawn an additional sphere every x/rounds. The spheres then become prismatic walls at the end of the control duration?
> That way he gets a fun control spell that becomes a tactical channelization spell when it peaks.
> And it requires him to be super smart about how he controls them.
<Kotono> Sure. Post that in nagging and/or write a spell up with it.

On further thought of the Spike Stones thing, it may be wiser/better to have the detonation be something he can do with a swift or move action, to make it more tactical and controllable.

Edit: another idea I had was an upgraded version of Battlefield Fortification. One that instead of just making berms or trenches, allows you to make complex-ish structures as you like. Like bunkers or walls and the like. Super tactical, but it can significantly turn the tide when used right.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Congratulations.

All of you did about as well as you could've done in this scenario. While there were a few fatalities at the hands of the dogai, avoiding them entirely was more a question of luck than anything y'all could do. Except for that small hiccup everything went great. This impacted the war effort across Benfal for a simple reason.

Greater teleport.

Devils can do this at will, so redeploying from across the world's simple as a telepathic message and a moment's concentration. Taking out the dogai, Taelfagn's trap, the twins and all of those had a profound impact. After all, they weren't able to teleport around to help out. This in turn meant more forces needed to be used elsewhere, which weakened the devils overall. It had a knock on effect and made everyone else's battles easier. Additionally, they began to have to mobilize forces to oppose Aurora that were earmarked to fight Sylica.

In a real sense, you helped Alicia and Syala reach Semyaza quicker. Plans to force them to go deal with emergencies fell apart and the forces on hand were able to deal with matters. A few examples:

1. The dogai would have been ordered away from Aurora fairly soon and gone on to harass Sylican forces. This would have compromised things all over and likely lead to Antenora and Jessica facing the dogai. That's a difficult matchup for them and could have ended in fatalities and put Sylica at a disadvantage.
2. Hiya and Hiwa would have challenged Alicia and Syala directly. While the odds are against them winning, it would still sap strength and delay them, plus give Semyaza a greater chance to triumph when he fought them.
3. The warlock who fought Moore was recalled to another theater to aid devilish forces, which removed another stumbling block from Aurora's path. He would've likely complicated Tryll, Surraruthru's and Afina's lives in the sewers.
4. With so many big names defeated so decisively, Dougalf chose to flee rather than attempt a final stand. This cut off a nasty boss battle entirely.
5. Hiya and Hiwa's mother had a short appearance against Alicia and Syala. However, without the aid of her children having worn them down, she ultimately chose to withdraw rather than risking her life by teaming up with Semyaza against two demigoddesses.
6. Taelfagn had another plan that ran out of time to be employed.

Suffice to say you all did an excellent job.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Mai Tais on a beach somewhere time. Suggestions for which beach?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 16, 2017, 10:57:55 PM
Mai Tais on a beach somewhere time. Suggestions for which beach?

Elysium has good beaches. Celestia has some great ones too.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Two part party, then. Get drunk on Elysium day 1, drink away the hangover on Celestia day 2.

Anastasia

Have Moore motivate the hangover away.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Sounds like we deserve another level!

Corwin

I want to go and do this thing: Go beat up Kras and take his stuff. Which includes his realm. Apparently, I'd need to go through Astral.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Spell idea that came up in chat:

Shroedinger's Fog
Works as Fog Cloud in every aspect, with the following addition -- Jaela is always perfectly positioned to strike at foes from any spot in the fog, only deciding her position in it at the end of each turn. She can AoO from any spot as well, and any opponents within the fog itself are considered flanked for her.

I'd also be interested in variants with Solid Fog as basis as well, or in larger/faster propagating fogs (such as Cloudkill).

Corwin

Speaking of, I forgot about this but we do have this improvement already done:

Improve laboratories (50% discount on magical items; 25% discount on repairs/improvements): 250,000 gold; 1 DC 65 K:A check; 1 DC 65 spellcraft check; 1 DC 60 C:A check; 2 days.

Anastasia

Okay, loot and nagging tonight. My morning was a disaster, so I didn't get anything done. Just heads up for those of you expecting it earlier.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's make this! I really want it!

Add long range spell capacity (Allows casting spells through Medicant and through the illusionary battlefield) 400,000 gold; 5 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 4 DC 50 K:A check; 10 days.