News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Fine with me. I'd offer to take over buffing through it, but my spell slots are usually pretty taxed just with the Tapestry. So unless I can connect the Tapestry to it, I don't really have enough slots to do it =/
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 22, 2017, 05:22:09 PM
Fine with me. I'd offer to take over buffing through it, but my spell slots are usually pretty taxed just with the Tapestry. So unless I can connect the Tapestry to it, I don't really have enough slots to do it =/

That might juuuust be possible but you'd have to do some research and see. The principals aren't entirely dissimilar.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Theair: Steel harvested from Benfal immediately after its ascension to Elysium. It is drenched in holy energies, so it should be good for a weapon or armor. 8,000 gold, 2 available.

Are we talking about new weapons and armor, or can one usage boost existing ones if reforged with it included?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Corwin on February 22, 2017, 06:21:53 PM
Theair: Steel harvested from Benfal immediately after its ascension to Elysium. It is drenched in holy energies, so it should be good for a weapon or armor. 8,000 gold, 2 available.

Are we talking about new weapons and armor, or can one usage boost existing ones if reforged with it included?

What about using some to make one of Afina's golems?

Anastasia

You'd need more than that unless it's an unusually small golem.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Prince Westwind will be posted soonish. He's a 25 hit dice djinn with warrior classes. I haven't figured out the exacts yet due to being a bit busy. I'm open to interesting prestige class suggestions.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 23, 2017, 01:00:14 AM
Prince Westwind will be posted soonish. He's a 25 hit dice djinn with warrior classes. I haven't figured out the exacts yet due to being a bit busy. I'm open to interesting prestige class suggestions.

Duelist, Dervish, Shadow Dancer.

Yuthirin

I mean, we could list them all, but we don't know where you're going with this so Scythe Master is just as good as Bear Warrior is just as good as Cavalier.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on February 22, 2017, 04:55:42 PM
I'm fine with it. Are the checks done over the period of days? If so, Moore can help out a lot more with each one of them.

As an addendum, I assume these checks are all to be made without spells involved, i.e Divine Insight and so on.

Anastasia

Blue Gold: Gold with mystical properties that make it an excellent conductor of magical energies. If used to decorate a weapon, the weapon's enhancement bonus increases by 1 when the wielder uses the arcane strike feat. This bonus lasts for one turn. 5,000 gold, 1 available.

Noting this here for later reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This too.

Rainbow Metal: This metal has powerful prismatic properties, though Emerelda isn't sure what it does, exactly. She got it because a certain prismatic pixie may be able to work with it. 5,000 gold, 1 available.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sorcerer Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a sorcerer. The results of reading this book depend on how many sorcerer levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in sorcerer, they take 1d4 points of Charisma damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of sorcerer, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in sorcerer, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Sorcerer: Select a sorcerer alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisites it has to take it.
Metamagic Mastery: You gain any two metamagic feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.
Crafting Mastery: You gain any two item creation feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.

---

Fighter mastery is included below. Rosa used it and these books likely all follow the same pattern.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Fighter Mastery

This book is a summary of the potential of a fighter. The results of reading this book depend on how many fighter levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in fighter, they take 1d4 points of Strength damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone between 1 and 19 levels of fighter, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in fighter, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Fighter: Select a fighter alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain that alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisites it has to take it.
Basics Mastery: You gain any two of the following feats as bonus feats: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon Focus.
Exotic Mastery: You gain proficiency with all exotic weapons OR exotic armors.

Once used in this manner, the book's magic is expended.

Afina, since you have 10 levels in sorcerer, you fall into the middle category unless you have a workaround there I'm not familiar with. If so, what do you want to do with it? Gold was considering it since he can afford it, you beat him to the punch. He'd buy it off you if you want to recoup your 10k.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Courts of the Seelie

This book is a dry but through list of Seelie fey courts. It goes into some detail, from Titania and Oberon to the many and varied courts that populate the Prime Materials. It's an excellent resource and provides a +2 circumstance bonus to Knowledge (Nature) checks about Seelie courts.

The general structure is loose. Queen Titania and King Oberon - Titania is noted as generally being the one in control there - rule the ultimate fey court. In turn, their subjects rule lesser courts dealing with primal concepts to nature. In turn, those that serve those subjects rule even lesser courts and so on and so forth. It's fairly sprawling and free wheeling, with a large degree of mutability and change at the lowest levels. As you rise higher, you deal with powerfully advanced fey and occasionally non-fey holding noble rank*. The highest of the courts are powers in their own right, with Queen Titania and King Oberon being seen as greater deities. These highest fey form a fey pantheon, though the fey are not terribly religious.

*You'd know IC Afina is an example of this.
<Afina> Forever.