News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 24, 2017, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:15:04 PM
Psion Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a psion. The results of reading this book depend on how many psion levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in psion, they take 1d4 points of Intelligence damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of psion, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in psion, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Psion: Select a psion alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisites it has to take it.
Metapsionic Mastery: You gain any two metamagic feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.
Crafting Mastery: You gain any two psionic item creation feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.

---

Tryll, I believe you have 20 psion levels on the dot, so you get category three. Confirm this since I know your build's split a bit.

I do. Cursory search does not turn up what Versatile Psion does. Is it custom?

Yes, yes it is. Read the rest of the text. It gives you a psion ACF for free.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on February 24, 2017, 01:14:47 PM
Actually between them they already have everything but potions and scrolls covered.

He'll take Brew Potion and Scribe Scroll in that case.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 01:45:56 PM
Cool. Make an K:A check.

> roll 1d20+40 K:A
<Serith> IronDragoon roll for Serith < 52 > [d20=12]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 24, 2017, 01:50:15 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 01:45:56 PM
Cool. Make an K:A check.

> roll 1d20+40 K:A
<Serith> IronDragoon roll for Serith < 52 > [d20=12]

You gain a +1 bonus to K:A checks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:44:17 PM
The Lost Chalice

What languages do you speak, Tryll? Matters for this book.

Common, Auran, Celestial, Infernal, Demonic, Draconic, Ignan, Terran

It should probably be more, based on his Int mod, but I never filled it out. Unless I can do that now. >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:55:02 PM
Tokens of Love

Make a Will save, Jaela.

[20:45] <@Rin> roll 1d20+50+23 will save
[20:45] <Serith> Rin roll for Serith < 91 > [d20=18]

Save made.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 01:03:07 PM
Paladin Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a paladin. The results of reading this book depend on how many paladin levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in paladin, they take 1d4 points of Charisma damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of paladin, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in paladin, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Paladin: Select a paladin alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisites it has to take it.
Divine Mastery: You gain any two divine feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.
Mounted Knight: You gain mounted combat, spirited charge and trample as bonus feats.

Jaela gifts this to Mirajane, bidding her to grow strong~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:15:04 PM
Psion Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a psion. The results of reading this book depend on how many psion levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in psion, they take 1d4 points of Intelligence damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of psion, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in psion, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Psion: Select a psion alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisites it has to take it.
Metapsionic Mastery: You gain any two metamagic feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.
Crafting Mastery: You gain any two psionic item creation feats as bonus feats. You must meet all the prerequisites of these feats.

---

Tryll, I believe you have 20 psion levels on the dot, so you get category three. Confirm this since I know your build's split a bit.

Can the metapsionic feats be epic feats?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 01:30:21 PM
Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 05:11:38 AMSince we waited ridiculously long until doing this upgrade, it's now super-easy and super-cheap! Our discount comes up to 89%!

This is fine this time (my own fault for not reconsidering a floor when things got into epic numbers), but I'm going to be putting in a floor for discounts for the sake of sanity. Y'all aren't out of range of making a potential 100% discount and that's craziness. More on this in the Aurora topic.

Yeah, I was surprised but decided to wait and see rather than proceed for any other repairs just yet.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 02, 2012, 05:28:43 PM
Quote from: Corwin on May 01, 2012, 12:52:57 PM
Rituals of Mineral

[08:28] <Shizuru> I'll roll the int check. I'll assume it's not an opposed one so moment of prescience doesn't apply.
[08:28] <Shizuru> roll 1d20+6
[08:28] * Hatbot --> "Shizuru rolls 1d20+6 and gets 21." [1d20=15]

Jaela can puzzle out that this entire book is a code. It suggests there is a greater ritual hid within it - but she can't puzzle it out herself.

It's been ages and several levels back, even my Int is higher now. Can I try again?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 24, 2017, 02:44:56 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:44:17 PM
The Lost Chalice

What languages do you speak, Tryll? Matters for this book.

Common, Auran, Celestial, Infernal, Demonic, Draconic, Ignan, Terran

It should probably be more, based on his Int mod, but I never filled it out. Unless I can do that now. >_>

Go ahead and let me know.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 02:48:21 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 12:55:02 PM
Tokens of Love

Make a Will save, Jaela.

[20:45] <@Rin> roll 1d20+50+23 will save
[20:45] <Serith> Rin roll for Serith < 91 > [d20=18]

Save made.

The book's odd. Just a love story, nothing more. Nothing terribly interesting or well written.

You're also aware of the book's magic jabbing at your mind, so that may be just as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on February 24, 2017, 01:17:02 PM
Bard Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a bard. The results of reading this book depend on how many bard levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in bard, they take 1d4 points of Charisma damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of bard, they suffer no ill effects but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in bard, tey  may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile Bard: Select a bard alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisite it has to take it.
Charming Bard: You can cast charm monster at will as a spell-like ability.
Musical Training: You gain versatile performer as a bonus feat. You may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Intelligence modifier for the sake of that feat.

---

More, you have 25 levels of bard so you're in category three. Choose as you will.

Screw it, sticking with Nature Bard. Let's do this.