News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on March 14, 2017, 11:42:17 PM
Okay, if you aren't caught up on Moore's thread, go do so real quick. At least the last few posts in it since they're relevant.

Assuming everyone's on board with this newspaper idea at the price, are y'all interested in writing short, punchy articles for it? I'm thinking 200-400 words since you have a single sheet of paper to work with. Propaganda things by and large.

This is up to you if you do it. If you all do, I'll see about matching you in some way for the effort spent.

I'm in love with this idea. Actual love.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote<Horphant_Underwaxer> So what do you think of a psionic feat that doubles the ceiling on augment-capped powers? Example: Power X can be augmented, up to Yd6.
<Horphant_Underwaxer> This would expand powers into epic aumentability, allowing them to keep pace
<Horphant_Underwaxer> without having to cook up new powers over the epic manifesting line just to add more dice

So I had this thought while delirious in bed this last weekend. There are powers that cap out at a certain amount of augmentation (Tornado Blast, Dispel Psionics) and I was thinking that an epic feat could double that ceiling.

For example, Dispel Psionics caps out at +20 to dispels after full augmentation. The feat would remove the cap, allowing additional points to be spent. Power point expenditure would still be soft-capped by manifestor level. So even though Dispel could now theoretically go to +40, right now Tryll would only be able to manifest it at +37.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Not especially but maybe I'll help on occasion.

Nephrite

Projects have been added to the Aurora topic and the amount updated.

Dune: Can you let me know if the long range spells update is done?

Please also add These golems to either the units or the mechanized corps groups.

Iron Dragoon

Do we have any officers/NPCs that are big enough to use a 6 foot round shield? And that actually would use one.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Quote from: Nephrite on March 15, 2017, 08:49:08 AM
Projects have been added to the Aurora topic and the amount updated.

Dune: Can you let me know if the long range spells update is done?

Please also add These golems to either the units or the mechanized corps groups.

It was completed and everything, we paid for it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

It hasn't been updated on the upgrade sheet yet, then.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 15, 2017, 01:12:36 PM

I'll be doing that after session today. Remind me if it isn't done by the evening session.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Anastasia

Okay, cool. In that case, I'd like to see 3-4 small articles. I'm thinking 200-400 words relevant to Aurora and the propaganda you want to spread. If you want to write one, post so and claim it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I've got three topics off the top of my head:

A Huge Victory over the forces of Hell in Benfal!

Aurora's strategy fells a paragon of the dogai!

Twin Terrors of Hell fall from grace!

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on March 15, 2017, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on March 15, 2017, 01:12:36 PM

I'll be doing that after session today. Remind me if it isn't done by the evening session.

This is a reminder.

Anastasia

Okay, let's get started. The quote below is for my own reference. I'm not going to write this in full D&D terms right now, rather focusing on getting it done instead. Time to try and gather some energy. Let's start with some basic uses, move from there. Let me know what you think.

All uses are daily spell charges rather than permanent changes. All uses are standard actions unless noted otherwise.

Uses:

Covering self with light as a form of clothing: Free. Syala and Alicia both did it in B1 and I think it's showed up before.
Creating a weapon: 2nd level spell slot. This is a plain weapon, nothing fancy. Lasts for as long as you hold it.
Creating a better weapon: 4th level spell slot. Gets you a +1 holy weapon. Lasts for as long as you hold it.
Blinding target: 5th level spell slot. Blinds a target within your aura by overwhelming light. The blindness is permanent. A Fortitude save resists. The save DC is 15 + Charisma modfiier. For the moment I'm marking it down as with the same DC as a 5th level spell. This may change.

Thoughts? These are some basics along what you were working on, how does this look? Are these directions you want it go in?

Quote from: Anastasia on March 10, 2017, 10:45:54 PM
Quote from: Corwin on March 07, 2017, 02:20:30 PM
Okay. So we fought this dude, Salanadriel.

Here's one example of us fighting him and him using light (fluff-wise). Here's another.

He eventually offers us a blessing, which I claimed. Here are the relevant posts: one, two, three.

The ability he gave me is:
QuoteJaela's body glows with light before it fades, yet she seems somehow brighter than before.

Jaela gains the following ability.

Body of Light (Su)

At will as a free action, Jaela can shed light equivalent to a torch. Evil creatures within this light suffer a -2 penalty to saving throws against Jaela's spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities. This penalty increases to -4 against evil outsiders and undead.

I've since managed to copy his clothes trick from the first link (his intro post). I also tried some weapons with moderate success in the thread here.

Do you mean burning a daily spell slot for the day, or a permanent sacrifice? Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, I'm just now getting to nagging catch up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on March 12, 2017, 11:45:09 AM
On the whole, I feel it's an 11th level spell. It does have counters - though a simple anti teleport spell stops the most common - but almost everything does at epic. If it works, it's an incredibly punishing tactic that deeply hobbles your enemies and lets you take plenty of AoOs at them.

Waiting on a reply here so I can move in whatever direction it needs to be moved in.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 15, 2017, 03:13:50 AM
Quote<Horphant_Underwaxer> So what do you think of a psionic feat that doubles the ceiling on augment-capped powers? Example: Power X can be augmented, up to Yd6.
<Horphant_Underwaxer> This would expand powers into epic aumentability, allowing them to keep pace
<Horphant_Underwaxer> without having to cook up new powers over the epic manifesting line just to add more dice

So I had this thought while delirious in bed this last weekend. There are powers that cap out at a certain amount of augmentation (Tornado Blast, Dispel Psionics) and I was thinking that an epic feat could double that ceiling.

For example, Dispel Psionics caps out at +20 to dispels after full augmentation. The feat would remove the cap, allowing additional points to be spent. Power point expenditure would still be soft-capped by manifestor level. So even though Dispel could now theoretically go to +40, right now Tryll would only be able to manifest it at +37.

I'm a little wary of an blanket adjustment here, since I imagine there's some powers capped for a good reason. I'd have to read up some more on psionics to have an informed opinion here, but with that proviso, I'm not really opposed to that for psionics. Unlike magic, it's more about augmenting powers than using new ones. In a case of non-transparency, I wouldn't approve the same thing for magic since it tends to be more focused on moving to the next upgrade spell instead.

Sketch up a feat that does something like that real quick and we work from there?
<Afina> Forever.