Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Epic goes by different rules.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Trying to think of a spell that might fit into Bard 8th or 9th casting and probably fall into Cleric casting too.

Is it normal to add further progression / added spells for variant classes? I was thinking Bardic Sage could add the spell to the bard's spell list otherwise. Let me know your thoughts. I could just have it part of Bard casting by default, I don't think that it'd be terribly unbalanced at Bard 8 or something. Maybe the other schools could use a bump.

Erathaol's Insights
Divination
Level: Cleric 9, Wisdom 9, (Sorcerer 10, Wizard 10?) (Paladin something?)
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10m/level

This spell ushers the wisdom and insights of Erathaol of the Hebdomad. While this spell is in effect, you gain an insight (sacred?) bonus equal to your caster level (Maximum +25) (CL/5 if sacred?) to all Knowledge checks and can make Knowledge checks untrained. In addition, you also receive the benefit of Scholar's Touch, Comprehend Languages, Read Magic (redundant?) spell for the duration.

If the additional spells make it too strong then you can bump the level up a bit or just take them out. Just trying to think of something that has a bit of flavor.

EDIT: I think it'd be fine to make this a "hidden" spell, perhaps only given to those who follow Erathaol, like the Lathanderite and Sunite spells.

Anastasia

Hanna reaches level axe.

- Axe 26//Axe Champion 15.
- Axe on 1daxe for a total of axe and a grand total of axe.
- +1 BAB for a total of axe.
- Gains axe.
- Gains axe.
- Gains axe.
- Skills go up axe.
- Selects Axe(Axe) as a new feat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 06, 2017, 08:06:21 PM
Hanna reaches level axe.

- Axe 26//Axe Champion 15.
- Axe on 1daxe for a total of axe and a grand total of axe.
- +1 BAB for a total of axe.
- Gains axe.
- Gains axe.
- Gains axe.
- Skills go up axe.
- Selects Axe(Axe) as a new feat.
I'd like to axe a few questions about this.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I lost most of Hanna's level 25 due to clicking the wrong button, so abbreviated version.

11 on the hit die, skills and BAB are normal, +1 regeneration, +1 spell resistance, +5 electricity regeneration, +11th level spell that's another superb dispelling, +2 6th level Champion spell slots which are heal x2. Todo: Check her slots there, I think something's off. Anyway.

- Dire Charge(CoG15) as her bonus feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hanna reaches level 26.

- Planetar 26 and Champion of Gwynharwyf 16.
- 3 on a d12 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 396 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 26.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 40.
- +1 damage reduction for a total of 9/-.
- Gains 26th level cleric casting and +1 11th level spell slot. She develops a new spell, Hanna's Charge. Let me know if you all think it's too weak or strong.
- Gains 16th level champion of Gywnharwyf casting and +1 6th level spell slot. Hello another heal spell.
- +1 all saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains Words of Creation as a bonus feat. This frees up her WW2 feat, so she swaps in Exalted Protection for an extra save bump.

Pretty good level.

Hanna's Charge
Transmutation
Level: Clr 11
Components: V
Range: 70ft
Area: All allies within a 70ft radius burst centered on you.
Duration: 1 round/5 levels
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance No

All allies (including yourself) within 70ft gain a +5 bonus to attack rolls when charging and deal double damage with a charge attack. Additionally, creatures affected by this spell can charge through difficult terrain without penalty under this spell and do not provoke attacks of opportunity when making charges.

The +5 bonus to attack rolls when charging stacks with the normal +2 bonus when making a charge. The damage doubling when making a charge attack stacks with dire charge and similar boosts. Remember that two doublings equal a tripling and so forth.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Canderella reaches level 25.

- Succubus 25 and Marshal 11.
- 3 on a d8 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 319 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +25.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 35.
- Gains 23rd level sorcerer casting. +1 10th level spell per day and +1 10th level spell known. She'll grab Jaela's Teleport Block.

Unremarkable level for her, all told.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Canderella reaches level 26.

- Succubus 26 and Marshal 12.
- 4 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 331 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +26.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 36.
- Gains 24th level sorcerer casting. +3 spells per day and +1 spells known, both 11th level. She goes with epic mage armor.
- +1 to all saves.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sylvie reaches level 25.

- Factotum 25 and Chameleon 15.
- 7 on a d8 for a total of 17 hit points and a grand total of 386 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +25.
- +1 daily uses of opportunistic piety.
- +1 daily uses of aptitude focus.
- +1 daily uses of mimic class feature.
- Gains 15th level chameleon casting. +1 7th level spell slot in both arcane and divine. Sylvie goes with Bite of the Werebear (hi Gildas) and Fortunate Fate.

Solid levle, got a lot of little things.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Sheet updated with corrected saves and skill points distributed.

Edit: Taking Simmer's Surprise for Sorc 8 instead of Mystic Shield.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Sylvie reaches level 26.

- Factotum 26 and Chameleon 16.
- 1 on a d8 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 397 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 26.
- Gained a new arcane dilettante spell and they now have a limit of 9th level.  Sylvie selects Wish.
- +1 inspiration for a total of 14/encounter.
- Gains 16th level chameleon casting. +1 7th level spell slot for both arcane and +2 8th level arcane slots. For the 7ths she selects Bite of the Wearbear and Aura of Vitality. Both duplicates but useful duplicates. The 8th levels are Superior Invisibilityx2.
- +1 to all saves.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tepen reaches level 25 and 26.

- Wizard 26 and Factotum 6.
- 6 and a 2 on 2d8 for a total of 20 hit points and a grand total of 344 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 18.
- Maximum spell level for arcane dilettante rises to 2nd.
- +1 inspiration for a total of 4 per encounter.
- Gained opportunistic piety. Healing's always a nice option to have.
- Gains 25th and then 26th level wizard spellcasting. This grants him +2 11th level spell slots. Tepen selects Epic Mage Armorx2. There was a custom spell here, but on review I decided it was a bad idea, so he'll stick with those.
- +1 to all saves.
- Grabs Improved Metamagic(W26). Todo: Resort and integrate his metamgic into his spell list.

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore reaches level 27!

I realized I've been doing bab wrong so far, not that it really matters, but I'll correct it at this level. Moore has a 20.25 BAB at 27 (I think that's the right math? 27*.75 for the BAB growth anyway. Obviously you don't count the .25 as anything so it rounds down to 20), so he has 20/15/10/5 for BAB without any modifiers.

Just to be clear, Epic Bard still gets a feat at 23 and 26, while we get feats at 21, 24 and 27, right? Just making sure.

At any rate, this is Bard 27 and Fatesinger 13, which means I get 2 feats, 1 from Epic Fatesinger 3 and the other from 27.

5 on a d6 for a total of 14 and a grand total of 336 HP. BAB might rise but I don't really care since I've been messing it up anyway. SR rises by 1 to 42.

He gains an extra 8th level spell known and a 9th level spell known on the bard side. I have not picked spells for these yet, but the 9th level spell is likely to be Wish. I have to work out a divination spell and probably custom make one for that.

On the Fatesinger side this levels him up to 16th level Favored Soul casting, which grants him 1 extra 5th, 6th and 7th level Favored Soul spells as well as 3 8th level spells. I will pick these later, just want to make sure I get this post up first.

One of his epic feats is going to go into Permanent Emanation and he's going to pick Hindsight for it. We'll see how this works out. If it ends up broken or something I can pick something else.

The second epic feat will likely go into Epic Inspiration but I have not decided on that yet.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 06, 2017, 10:27:24 PM
- Gains 26th level cleric casting and +1 11th level spell slot. She develops a new spell, Hanna's Charge. Let me know if you all think it's too weak or strong.

Hanna's Charge
Transmutation
Level: Clr 11
Components: V
Range: 70ft
Area: All allies within a 70ft radius burst centered on you.
Duration: 1 round/5 levels
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance No

All allies (including yourself) within 70ft gain a +5 bonus to attack rolls when charging and deal double damage with a charge attack. Additionally, creatures affected by this spell can charge through difficult terrain without penalty under this spell and do not provoke attacks of opportunity when making charges.

The +5 bonus to attack rolls when charging stacks with the normal +2 bonus when making a charge. The damage doubling when making a charge attack stacks with dire charge and similar boosts. Remember that two doublings equal a tripling and so forth.

After careful review I think this is an awesome spell! It does, however, have a few weak spots I would like to go into.

Okay! While anything to make charging scarier is not bad by default, here are a few things:
-The duration means that you have ~5 rounds of it going by your CL by the time you get the spell. How often do you charge on subsequent rounds? It's not a pounce, after all. You'd end up remaining in melee more often than not. So it's good for 2 charges a casting at most, probably?
-It's also a standard action spell that makes you waste an action, and not everyone has my quicken hax to get around that. I realize that this is more of a commander/marshal thing, but no reason Hanna can't benefit properly from her own spell. How about a long-duration spell (per hour, per 10min...) that's precast but then activated when you decide you want it? Like Divine Insight and similar spells.

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

To answer Cor's question over here properly, I think both my sides have 3/4 BAB. It isn't much of an issue, I only had 22 anyway at 25.

EDIT: Also my will save was 1 point too high. I was using Fatesinger's progression even after we got past level 20. Oops!