News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yuth, I see your PM, more on that once I finish level ups.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Jetina reaches level 26.

- Pious Templar 16 and Healer 26.
- 10 and 1 on 2d10 for a total of 21 hit points and a grand total of 275 hit points.
- +2 BAB for a total of 26.
- Damage reduction rises by 1 to 6/-. Hey, it's extra defense, even if it's not great extra defense.
- +1 all saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- True Panacea(H26), Holy Strike(PT16). New feats.

Finally. Done. Whew. Time to keel over for a bit.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Shouldn't Jetina have an extra spells from those levels?

Anastasia

It's there as a todo since I need to check something on there once she buys items, so I punted it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 13, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
Yuth, I see your PM, more on that once I finish level ups.
That's fine.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Let's ranger it up for Lisa. Evil outsiders as main favored enemy, combat option builds on making searing light viable vs devils.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Factotum Mastery

This book is the summary of the potential of a factotum. The results of reading this book depend on how many factotum levels the reader has.

If read by someone with no levels in factotum, they take 1d4 points of Intelligence damage and are fatigued.

If read by someone with 1 to 19 levels of factotum, they suffer no ill effect but realize the book's contents are beyond them.

If read by someone with 20 or more levels in factotum, they may choose one of the benefits below.

Versatile factotum: Select a factotum alternate class feature you do not possess. You gain this alternate class feature without having to trade other class features for it. You must fulfill any prerequisite it has to take it.
Inspirational mastery: You gain font of inspiration as a bonus feat.
Enhanced factotum: You treat your Intelligence modifier as two points higher for your various factotum abilities.

She'll take the bonus feat. Next post will have what her choice is since I need a few to figure out what replaces the freed up feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There's somewhere in the ballpark of 5-10 pages of nagging to get through. Rather than try and go through  it all, will y'all link me to thinks you need me to reply to? Thanks, I'm trying to get this show on the road sooner than later.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 14, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Dragon radio playlist:
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1096294.html#msg1096294

What would a greater version do?

That aside, I'm not inclined to allow it. Is there an item that does something like allowing you to take ten on a caster level check already?

Quotehttp://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1096312.html#msg1096312

A few points.

1. Please, please, please don't mess up my spacing and formatting if you're quoting a spell from the Spell Collection, modifying it and then presenting it to me. It just adds workload, and in a case where that's 100% unneeded and preventable.

2. The description has a hanging this at the end, like it cuts off or there's a formatting error.

3. Is this basically the same spell but flipped to acid damage and nothing else?

Quotehttp://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1096360.html#msg1096360

It's dense 27ishness. You can't really puzzle out any clear meanings, unfortunately. Perhaps another could.

As for the number-telling? That's best done IC, so put that on your todo list.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 14, 2017, 10:40:47 AM
What would a greater version do?

That aside, I'm not inclined to allow it. Is there an item that does something like allowing you to take ten on a caster level check already?

Take 20 on the check. Is there a take 10 item? A quick google/MiC search doesn't show one.

A few points.

1. Please, please, please don't mess up my spacing and formatting if you're quoting a spell from the Spell Collection, modifying it and then presenting it to me. It just adds workload, and in a case where that's 100% unneeded and preventable.

I'm not sure what happened with formatting. I did a C/P, so I'm not sure where it got messed up. I'll try to figure it out for the future. Let me try it again:

Rain of Devastation
Abjuration/Evocation [Acid]
Level: Drd 12, Sor/Wiz 12, Water 12
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Area: Cylinder (40ft radius, 80ft high)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons a driving, searing acid rain. Creatures within it are struck by a rain of viscous, clinging acid as the magic around them crumbles. All creatures within the radius are treated as being affected by a targeted greater dispel magic (maximum dispel check modifier of +30). Creatures exposed to this rain take 5d6 points of acid damage. This damage rises by 2d6 for each spell or spell-like ability dispelled by this spell, to a maximum of 50d6. This damage applies to all creatures within the Rain of Devastation. For example, a Rain of Devastation that dispels 5 effects deals 15d6 acid damage to all creatures within it. A Fortitude save is allowed to halve the cold damage.

Focus

A white crystal in the shape of a teardrop, worth no less than 2,000 gold.

2. The description has a hanging this at the end, like it cuts off or there's a formatting error.

3. Is this basically the same spell but flipped to acid damage and nothing else?

2) Fixed above. (Hopefully)

3) Yep. Just a swap to Acid.

It's dense 27ishness. You can't really puzzle out any clear meanings, unfortunately. Perhaps another could.

As for the number-telling? That's best done IC, so put that on your todo list.

I'll find someone to pass it on to and I've added it to the to-do list.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 05, 2017, 10:16:00 PM
I'm sure they don't, but do Toughness and Psionic Body stack?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 14, 2017, 11:35:15 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 05, 2017, 10:16:00 PM
I'm sure they don't, but do Toughness and Psionic Body stack?

They do stack, I already told you that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

On reflection I agree with Yuth about this, and simply changed the augment to match. I think this works better.

Dana's Endurance
Psychometabolism (Healing)
Level: Psychic Warrior 8
Display: Auditory and material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level
Power Points: 15

You manifest a burst of power that grants you 75 temporary hit points, fast healing 8 and a +5 bonus to Fortitude saving throws. As an immediate action, you can end this spell to gain mettle for a Fortitude save. You must do this after the Fortitude save is called for but before you roll it.

You retain the +5 bonus to Fortitude saves for the save you gain mettle for.

Augment

For every additional power point you spend, the number of temporary hit points you gain increases by 5 and the fast healing increases by 1.
<Afina> Forever.