Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Not really drawn to the options, sorry.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Fair enough, Cor. Waiting on Neph's comments here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

I don't know enough about B2 to really comment -- but I'd be interested in at least giving it a whirl.

Vastwoods is fine as well, as well as B5.

I admittedly have no interest in the slaad dungeoneering, it's just not my cup of frothy, swirling, chaos-infused tea.

Anastasia

Fair enough. Okay, I had a chat with Cor after his post and it helped establish a few points in my mind.

- I'm mostly trying to run a short game for momentum's sake and some throwaway fun for all of you.
- I'm fine with more downtime from a DMing perspective, I need it as my next big thing is probably going to be high epic Balmuria. To quote myself from a recent PM with Cor: The main reason I need more time too is that whatever happens next may well be a Balmuria game that deals with the highest level things - lots of setup there over the years, be it B1r or something different. All that setup isn't just for my amusement. But the base issue is that I need more time down from running epic 3.5.
- Cor isn't interested in a one shot and I don't want to split the party, so to speak.
- Two more months without anything isn't acceptable.

So I see a few options here.

1. I run a short game with Neph and Eb (maybe a third depending on which) to keep us occupied. Maybe get Yuth or Merc if he can commit to four or so sessions. It's a fun throwback, but it excludes Cor.
2. I spend a month building up and setting up whatever the new game is, as well as giving everyone ample prep time. Since high epic 3.5 is a distinct possibility, lots of prep time can't hurt. This is both mechanical prep as well as me posting things, story segments like the Fall of Bel to get you interested and so on and so forth. It's something, but it's also not gaming, either.

What do you all think?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Honestly I'm cool with waiting. I like gaming but a throwaway short game is... well, by definition it's throwaway, I don't really care about it either way. Happy to wait for cool stuff later and get more fluff and stuff in the meantime.

I'm not going anywhere after all.

Iron Dragoon

Honesty, I'm good with either. The dungeon thing was more of a test run of the rebuild, but if you go the option of more downtime, we can just run some combat/skill test stuff quietly when we're both around. Between the two of us, it shouldn't be difficult to work out the dings in the rebuild. If the rebuild works out, it's likely what I'm going to try and play in whatever follows.

That said, Rat was interested and if he still wants in, I'm fully willing to run.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 06, 2018, 08:22:08 PM
Honesty, I'm good with either. The dungeon thing was more of a test run of the rebuild, but if you go the option of more downtime, we can just run some combat/skill test stuff quietly when we're both around. Between the two of us, it shouldn't be difficult to work out the dings in the rebuild. If the rebuild works out, it's likely what I'm going to try and play in whatever follows.

That said, Rat was interested and if he still wants in, I'm fully willing to run.

Oh no, you misunderstand. This is talking about game one. Game two (your and Rat's game) is set already and is running regardless. It's also much lower impact so it's not a huge effort consideration.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

If it's a matter of "doing something" between now and then, may I make a request that it's something that will somehow come up later, then?

I realize that may be difficult to accomplish considering the power level you're dealing with, but it'd be neat to see the ripples of one thing work somewhere else.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 06, 2018, 09:00:55 PM
If it's a matter of "doing something" between now and then, may I make a request that it's something that will somehow come up later, then?

I realize that may be difficult to accomplish considering the power level you're dealing with, but it'd be neat to see the ripples of one thing work somewhere else.

Like seeing, say, Aurora's victory impact something in the next game? Just for example.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That, or having something in the game come up as a piece of news or something in the epic-level game. Something along those lines.

I realize it'd be a bit of a challenge for B5 to have any real impact on a high-level Balmuria game, though, as an example.

Anastasia

B5 was actually angling to have an impact, albeit indirectly. But yeah, a game of this level will take everything into view.

Okay, since I know Cor's opinion here, I think the second option carries. More once I decide what I want to run, will probably be sooner than later now.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I like the idea of playing Arachiel again.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 07, 2018, 03:16:04 AM
I like the idea of playing Arachiel again.

Cool, I'll bear that in mind for considerations, Yuth.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

So we finally finished B3. I didn't think we'd ever come back to it when we first paused, but in the end, we all gave it a chance. Was is worth it to all of you? Did you all have fun? Was the effort and doing what I was pretty sure we'd never do rewarding for y'all?

I'd like to know now that the haze of victory has faded a bit. I've been toying with going back to old games in part because this went well and provided closure to B3, which was awesome.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, I wasn't part of the original B-anything, but I really enjoyed it. It took me a bit to figure out, but that's because I never played anything above 12 and had no background in the world.

I did enjoy learning about everything. Visiting old games with a new perspective sounds neat. I'd be interested.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.