News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Will we start having to call you Willhelmina?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

I get Identify as a divine spell, which handily lets you save 100gp on the apple ident if Spellcraft 45 (upon taking 10) does it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

The apple's already been updated, see the edit.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Sounds like a great upgrade for Afina/Jaela.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

If anyone is going to claim or use any of the loot, post so sooner rather than later.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm interested in taking a bit of the apple, sure.

Let's fix the Aurora's labs with the rest?

Corwin

Our remaining cash was:
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1027231.html#msg1027231
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1027258.html#msg1027258

19,524.24gp-3,825gp=15,699.24gp

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1027386.html#msg1027386
From here, we get 8,400gp in cash, and 36,000+15,000+25,000gp in items that we can easily sell.

Assuming people are fine with liquidating the hairpin, bracelets of strength and the spellbook, we will have:
15,699.24+8,400+36,000+15,000+25,000=100,099.24gp

I propose we spent it on the following:

Repair and restock laboratories(10% discount on magical items you commission, once you have people who can make them): 30,000 gold; 2 DC 30 K:A checks; 2 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 4 days. ---> Improve laboratories(15% discount on magical items, 5% discount on any further Medicant repairs/improvements): 65,000 gold; 2 DC 40 K:A checks; 2 DC 40 spellcraft checks, 1 DC 40 C:A check; 4 days.

---

I'm eating the apple for DR/evil.

Ebiris

I'm down with that.

Sidenote, we seem to have abandoned loot splitting in favour of just plain getting our fortress fixed and grabbing items we like ourselves. Is everyone okay with that? I am for one, but best to make sure everyone's cool.

Merc

I think that's fine, Eb.

We should remember to let Tepen look at the spellbook to see if he wants to copy anything first before selling the spellbook though.

For the bracers of str, do we have any interest in offering them to Dana perhaps and selling her +2 ones instead? Less money for repairs, but it is an improvement for her. I don't care either way.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

That's a thought, more hit and damage would do her good. I'm game for that if you guys are.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Corwin

I think our priority is fixing several things in the fortress. The two I listed above, then:

-Improve magic missile trap to CL 30 and 30d4+30: 10,000 gold; 3 DC 20 spellcraft checks; 6 days.
-Repair library sorting and translation system(Takes 1 hour to consult with the library on a check): 10,000 gold; 1 DC 20 spellcraft check; 2 days.
-Improve growing farms(Things grow in 1/20th of the normal time): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 K:N checks, 1 DC 24 spellcraft check; 5 days.
-Portal Compass(Points towards the nearest portal and shows direction and distance): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 23 K:P check; 5 days

After this has been taken care of, I think our fortress will have the basics up to standard, and we can actually hope of having spending cash by only spending half our loot on things. Any objections?

Incidentally, are we keeping this?
-A pair of gauntlets, rimmed with purple and black felt - Gauntlets of Night's Touch. Grants any held weapon a bonus 1d6 points of unholy damage. 35,000 gold.

Ebiris

Dana gets the strength gauntlets. No one wants the unholy gauntlets.

Anastasia

Dana takes the bracelets and offers her gauntlets of ogre strength+2 to up for anyone who wants it, or for funds.
<Afina> Forever.