News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Keep the intelligence circlet to give back to Vul'lath (even though he's probably dead anyway).

Afina isn't interested in any of the other stuff and would happily see it put into the Aurora general funds.

Anastasia

Various NPCs could make good use of that gear, though I won't put out claims for 'em unless you guys decide to go that route. This is really a command decision on what to do with his gear. Almost anyone would like the con booster, Hanna could use the barbarian's ring, +6 str is nice for any warrior, and so on and so forth.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

That works as well. Any that isn't claimed by a PC or NPC can go into general funds, then.

Corwin

Aurora General Funds divide into Aurora buffs and stuff for Aurora's inhabitants, so it's fine by me.
I'm fine with Hanna using the barbarian's ring.
The +6 Int circlet is our gith pal's, of course. Tepen could use it for now, if he lacks one of his own?
Let's sell the +6 str booster and get (1) funds for Adrian's bribery mission to Mechanus, (2) Speed up portal enlargement to 1 minute: 20,000 gold; 1 DC 21 spellcraft check; 3 DC 30 K:P checks; 2 days. (The second because it becomes possible to cast Gate and go anywhere we want, then. We might need to escape to a safe plane in a hurry! Or just travel in style.)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

If that's how you guys wanna do it, I'll put together some claims in a bit and you guys can decide/hash it all out.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Go for it. The other thing we need to build is:
-Upgrade the dimensional lock of Aurora to cover the courtyard: 127,500 gold; 3 DC 40 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 38 K:A check, 1 DC 41 K:Architecture check; 7 days.

The rest doesn't really feel in any way urgent, but closing a hole in our shields would be great. Come to think of it, does our current shield prevent people from flying in? Just want a confirmation.

Anastasia

Circlet of Int+6: Tepen could use it, certainly. Morniel wouldn't mind it, either.
Amulet of Health+6: Tannin would appreciate a con boost, so would Tepen a whole lot. Lief wants it too!
Cloak of Resistance+4: Annalise declares she would want it, then Dana add in that she'd sure as fuckshit want it too! Then the Jarl gets into and declares that such a natural Galuh player would want him to bear his cloak.
Bracers of Armor+6: The Master would like those as a keepsake of a bravely fallen warrior. Hanna could use them too and says as much.
Gauntlets of Ogre Power+6: Lief would like them, as would the Jarl.
Barbarian's Ring: This only benefits Hanna, thus she is the only one to ask for i-wait a moment. Annalise did as well, with a little smile on her face that shows nothing.
Monk's belt: Annalise, Kascha, The Master and Hanna want it. Queen Ilsenine speaks up discreetly to Afina as well, requesting it as a token of a brave man who gave everything to free her.

Up to you guys how you sort all this out.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina's preferences:

Circlet of Int+6: Tepen
Amulet of Health+6: Tepen
Cloak of Resistance+4: Dana
Bracers of Armor+6: The Master
Gauntlets of Ogre Power+6: Jarl
Barbarian's Ring: Hanna
Monk's belt: Ilsenine

Anyone who got left with nothing has Afina's assurances that she'll make something nice for each of them. (Lief, Morniel, Tannin, Annalise, and Kascha). Assuming Afina's picks win. Really however we decide, Afina will try and compensate those who didn't get anything. Except Ilsenine, since in her case it's a sentimental request and Afina making nice stuff for her queen goes without saying.

Yuthirin

The vampire is powerful enough!

I agree completely with Afina's choices, for what it's worth. They are exactly what I thought of.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I'm fine with Afina's choices. Note that Tepen had my old +2 amulet, so he can pass that onto Lief if he's getting the +6 one now.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

QuoteBarbarian's Ring: This only benefits Hanna, thus she is the only one to ask for i-wait a moment. Annalise did as well, with a little smile on her face that shows nothing.

Five year olds aside, I am proposing the following changes in Eb's suggested list:

1) Amulet of Health+6: Tepen --> Amulet of Health+6: Lief

I think it's best to equip the people who we actually intend to have fighting alongside us at any point. I feel bad at even the thought of taking Tepen into danger or a fight, so it's hard for me to see why he would need the +6 con booster more than a frontliner.

2) Cloak of Resistance+4: Dana --> Cloak of Resistance+4: sold to finance Mechanus bribery

Even if you guys don't think the two upgrades I brought up are urgent, we still shouldn't wait on the robots to come and attack us. Dana only needs help with reflex, and I have spells to help with that (the shield one I picked up for her, and Holy Aura which is resistance +4 to saves, anyway).

I strongly dislike the idea of tokens which won't see use, but eh whatever. Can we go with this adjustment?

QuoteAnyone who got left with nothing has Afina's assurances that she'll make something nice for each of them. (Lief, Morniel, Tannin, Annalise, and Kascha). Assuming Afina's picks win. Really however we decide, Afina will try and compensate those who didn't get anything.

Seconded, goes without saying. I have my own plans here as well, since I can't craft, but they depend on RP.

Anastasia

Dana really wants the cloak. She wants some memento of Willim, and if it's a huge money thing, she'll trade one of her own items. While it has some mechanical benefit for her, it's also for RP reasons.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I thought about your first point before finally posting after Ko asked, but I decided there actually might be a point to letting Tepen have it from an RP point even if just mechanically we generally ignore it (we tend to handwave asking Tepen for scrolls) and get more practical use out of giving it to Lief.

QuoteDamaged Soul (Ex): Elder Magi Tepen has lost part of his soul as a result of wounds from a pit fiend. This weakens his magic, making it draining for him to cast spells. Whenever he casts a spell, he takes constitution damage equal to one half of the spell level cast. (Minimum 0 damage for cantrips and 1st level magic.) This damage cannot be prevented or redirected in any way, but can be restored as normal.

That pretty much makes me feel bad every time we ask him to cast spells or put them on scrolls. Even with the +2 amulet I gave him, his Con is 10. Yes, he can easily cast two level 9 spells before he needs to heal up, but that's still rough in the time between casting and having to get healed.

While I do think it's more practical to give it to Lief, I do figure the extra con at least makes the spellcasting not hurt as much or something for Tepen.

As for point 2, Dana was pretty close to Willim, and if Ilsenine gets a memento, I dunno, I think Dana deserves one more. If the money is such a huge deal, we did still have Adrian offering to sell his sword, or alternatively, I have cash right now and so does Afina.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

By the way, they were acting like at least six year olds.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I cast Heal on him every time he does. Anyway, that's why I don't feel too bad over the scroll requests, and why I'd feel bad when Lief dies in battle.

I lack cash at the moment, so if you want to finance the bribe, go ahead?