News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I completely forgot about the belt that Willim picked up from the arcanoloth. His robe was useless, right?

Further, I grabbed the mushroom in case someone had a use for it. Willim has no use for it. He'll not eat one again.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+17
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+17 and gets 33." [1d20=16]

Belt's wealth and reagents are worth 5493 gold.

You guys are free to expend some of those masterwork weapons with arming everyone. Warriors usually don't object to better weapons and it would most likely help morale. Will you?

The robe was nothing special.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

I'd rather not sell Shieldshard, Brokion, Stoneheart, Awakening Ointment, or Girdle of Greater Sex Change on account of them really belonging to Elena rather than us. We should keep them around as communal items since I'm sure we can find a use for all of them given time, and it's nice to have a stash to dip into for equipping cool new recruits or dealing with certain situations.

Corwin

I don't mind on the rest, but the girdle too? I agree that it's Elena's, but what if we just offer to use the full funds from selling it, whatever that would come up to, on Aurora fixes of her choice?

Since we have cash values on everything relevant, in the meantime, here's the final tally:

-Greatsword+2, defensive surge and disarming. 50,000gp.
-Belt with money and gems. 5,493gp.
-Necklace of Natural Attacks+1, wounding and humiliating. 72,600gp.
-4,393 gold, 2 silver and 4 copper.
-Various gemstones totaling 23,038gp

Does this sound about right, guys? It comes down to 155,524.24gp.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

Quote"What wasn't taken was mostly destroyed in the transport and other disasters at the end. But a few things did survive - a few magical things. If you're interested in repairing Medic-Aurora," Catching herself and sighing just a little bit, "They'll sell for money or be useful."
Given that, she'd be perfectly fine if we did spend money from selling -any- of those items for repairs (even if she would rather we keep and use them). She'd only be offended if we skimmed 50% off for ourselves after selling.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Do note that you'll need a trip to some sort of buyer or big city to sell those magic items.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Where you go is really up to you guys. If you guys want to make knowledge checks about this, feel free to do so in #elysium and post the results here. Choose a plane and roll K:P, this can include the Prime Material if you want to sell there.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

-85 masterwork weapons, update the count. (A few already have masterwork weapons or there isn't a masterwork weapon of an unusual type they use.)

Morale to both groups +6.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Gift from Vlaakith

Circlet of Magnificence+4: +4 enhancement bonus to all ability scores.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

A boring person wouldn't sell the girdle because it could be used to ruin someone's life.

An awesome person wouldn't sell the girdle because it could be used to ruin someone's life.

We need it for punishing anyone who is sexist and really pisses us off.

Anyway, I'll save on calcing up loot until we get into a position to start selling stuff easily. We might have more by then.

Corwin

I'm against using it as punishment, but I might die for real before I return to voice that opinion. That's why I was saying we either find someone who wants to use it for themselves or destroy it.

I agree on waiting re: loot tally. I'll just start another index post with time, or edit the old one. Whichever works.

Corwin

-Cold iron longsword+2, holy. In the hands of a paladin it becomes a cold iron longsword+3, holy. It grants the paladin spell resistance 5 + character level while held. These powers are stable; to recover the rest of its powers more magic to restore it is required.

May Helm choke on it.

Corwin

Okay, so about my commissioned weapons. I want:

-1 longspear made from Shiftsilver. That's 1,505gp for a masterwork Shiftsilver longspear.
-1 lance made from Shiftsilver. That's 1,510gp for a masterwork Shiftsilver lance.
-1 longspear made from regular steel. That's 305gp for a masterwork longspear.

That's 3,320gp total.