Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I'm fine with it, since trophies are distributed by Dune as he sees fitting, and because we'll keep on alternating the 'officers' who come with us, anyway. I can afford nice boots, and Misalea can afford a nice bardic item if she actually uses it.

I would also be fine with applying your formula to the hoard itself (i.e. Leaders get equal shares of 25% of the Hoard, Officers get equal shares of 25% of the Hoard, 45% goes to Aurora repairs/better gear and 5% goes as payroll to regular soldiers). I mostly had a problem with using it for our specific army's winnings, not for the overall stuff.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Let me know when you guys have made up your mind and have a final plan ready, so I can take care of anything on my end.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I can trade my share for the ring, and make up for it with whatever you guys feel is appropriate. I think. >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

DMing nagging incoming!

So what are you guys going to do with that ioun stone, too?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

QuoteI can trade my share for the ring, and make up for it with whatever you guys feel is appropriate. I think. >_>
If we go with that split in my last post (45,215.69g), all of us can afford the items we want.

Your ring is 40k, my orb is 70k (I can pay difference from my own unspent cash), Jaela's boots are 35k boots, and Afina can also afford anything she might want.

QuoteSo what are you guys going to do with that ioun stone, too?
I dunno! Just like I dunno about the two books still too!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

Lets read the books before thinking about combining them?

We can give the Ioun stone to one of our melee fighters who has a bad will save. Arrel or Tannin or Crystal?

Ebiris

As far as replacing Perpetual Options, maybe put another +10 movement boost in at 9th level and have 10th level Swiftblade increase caster level? Diminishing the ability would probably still be too strong and I can't be bothered making up something new.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 18, 2011, 06:54:55 PM
Lets read the books before thinking about combining them?

We can give the Ioun stone to one of our melee fighters who has a bad will save. Arrel or Tannin or Crystal?

Who reads the books?

Crystal has a will of +16 with room to improve due to divine grace, Arrel is +14 and Tannin is +9.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Will +29 before any buffs even come into the picture. I think only Tepen with Mind Blank would do better. Want me to try and crack one open?

Merc

I'm fine with Jaela doing it. You also have immunity to compulsions, though we can try and keep the books in different rooms for when you do it on some off-chance something goes horribly wrong.

Corwin

Prep-wise, I thought of a few possibilities. Now that we actually know about the books, I could spend a couple hours in Brightwater GIing about them, and we might try rolling bardic knowledge for them as well. Legend Lore might help where Identify and Analyze Dweomer failed as well.

If nothing comes up or nothing that says that me reading one of them is a bad idea (or that someone else reading them is a better idea, if say we discover they're books for arcane casters or lawful chars or whichever), my plan would basically be to find a spot where I can explode without harming anyone and where dimensional travel is blocked, get temp hp/blindsight/death ward/greater heroism and a bunch of resist energies and then give it a try. If Tepen has and can cast Superior Resistance/Bear's Endurance, that might be even better but isn't strictly necessary. I could also always give someone Resurgence via Imbue with Spell Ability, I think, and Shield Other could save me from said terrible explosions.

Healthy paranoia!

Yuthirin

It's only paranoia if they're not really out to get you!

It that's the case with the loot, I'm taking the ring.

Furthermore, taking a trip to Brightwater and swapping my belt out for gauntlets and getting a Monk's Belt. 13,000g

Getting Tepen to cast 16th level Greater Mighty Wallop on me, then Permanency. 3,900g

Total is 16,900 g

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

So, using http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1029120.html#msg1029120

My cash! 45,215.69 + 20.33 = 45,236.02gp

Boots of the Bringer of the White: When worn by a paladin, these boots grant an extra smite evil per day. In addition, whenever you successfully smite evil, you gain a +3 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for the next minute. 35,000 gold.

45,236.02 - 35,000 = 10,236.02gp

I want to take the masterwork shiftsilver lance Afina made for me and have it enchanted to a +1 Valorous shiftsilver lance. [1,700gp for +1 and +6,000gp for +2 equivalent; Valorous is from Unapproachable East p55-56, double damage on a charge/triple with a lance]

EDIT: Actually, amulets are boring, I'll just grab the nymph book and the ribbon for 700gp
-A book depicting nymphs finding love with each other instead of with travelers: 690 gold.
-Silk ribbon: 10 gold.

10,236.02 - 7,700 - 700 = 1,836.02gp

---

If any of my purchases are problematic, let me know?

Ebiris

From the loot Afina claims:

Adamantine, raw: 1,000 gold.
Vial of Linthrum dust: 1,155 gold.
Antler from a Lord of the Hunt: 1,500 gold.

Can she make any cool stuff from any of it plus commonly available materials? She'll hold onto it all regardless, but it's nice to have something to hand.

Merc

Ithea plans to sell her bow and cloak (20,900g). She doesn't really use them, and she'd rather pick up a little bit more AC.

With loot share, she has 27,173+20,900+45,215.69=93,288.69g

While she's off selling her bow and cloak, she also wants to improve her armor from +2 to +4 (12,000g) and pick up an amulet of natural armor+2 (8,000g), which puts her at 73,288.69g.

From loot, she wants to claim:
Stuffed Dog (for Carly), 3,000g
Orb-Blade of the Arcane, 70,000g
Silk and velvet linked cherrywood jewelry box, 80g

This leaves her at: 208.69g