News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Sadface, but I'll keep the effect anyway. Just need to remember that sacrificing a level 1 spell would be worthless!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Actually, brain fart, just realized it was DR 10/silver not DR 2/silver.

Since I'd have to sacrifice a level 5 spell to get better (assuming something doesn't bypass it, which possible but eeeeh), I'll be cheap and save that money. So I'll get 6,375gp back and actually have 11,768.47g left over.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina makes Crystal a set of Healing Millenial Chainmail of Command.

Millenial Chainmail is 16,300gp, Healing is 16,000gp, and Commanding is 4,000gp (counting MiC x2 modifier).

Costs 9,075gp to make, her current armour is worth 9,750gp. She can trade and pocket the difference?

Corwin

Selling the pendant, it just never worked out properly.

Pendant of Redemption [CC p140]: Allows you to discern what must be done to bring redemption to someone in your deity's eyes, gives a +5 competence diplomacy/intimidate bonuses depending on if the person is redeemable or not. (3,400gp/8,000gp)

I'll pay Crystal back the 1,500gp I owe her from the 3,400gp I recover, and use 1,000gp to bump the Permanency'd Blindsight to Greater Blindsight.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Mental note: Don't forget the above post, checking things in here right now. Doing loot later, don't lose it in the shuffle.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot from the Burning Aeropolis

Mundane weapons and armor totaling 12,495 gold.
Coins, precious metals and gems totaling 32,000 gold.
Fiery Ruby Chalice: 3,000 gold.
Dagger+1, ruby decorated: 2,000 gold.
Scroll of Maze: 3,000 gold.
Scroll of Erinyes Tangle: 1,650 gold.
Brazier of Commanding Fire Elementals: 100,000 gold.
Cube of Frost Resistance: 27,000 gold.
Black Diamond: While worth money, the gem has 10 tormented souls trapped within. They can be freed by shattering the gem.

Loot from the Nessian Pit Fiend

Ferrum Incendia

This ring grants the wearer's natural attacks a +5 enhancement bonus, as well as an additional 2d6 points of hellfire damage. This ring radiates overwhelming evil.

Vinco Proeliator

This ring grants a +1 bonus to saving throws and CMB/CMD for each bonus feat a character has gained from levels in fighter (or other classes that explicitly offer a fighter bonus feat as a benefit, such as psychic warrior). This ring does not radiate evil.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'm interested in that last ring. I have 6 fighter bonus feats from martial rogue, and do plan to keep leveling rogue for another two levels at least, possibly more. I'm already at the ring limit though, so I need to check if I have the gold to fuse effects for any of my existing rings.

As an aside Mirima also has 6 fighter feats so she gets the same out of it as me, and we have some other fighter types that get lesser bonuses out of it (Adrian, Dana, etc).

Anastasia

Quick count since Merc brought it up:

Adrian: 4, with several to come in the next levels, due to taking fighter and dragon devotee.
Dana: 8, with a few more to come as she continues to level. PW will be good for at least one more, and she's taking more fighter at some point, probably. Knight's bonus feats also count due to a houserule allowing fighter bonus feats for them.
Tannin: 2, with no more to come.
Arrel: 2, with at least 1 more to come.
Lief: 4, with at least 1 more to come.
Mirima: 7, maybe more to come. (COCL's bonus feat is a fighter bonus feat. A limited one, but it's noted as one so I counted it.)
Stille: 2, who knows if he'll get more. I sure as fuck don't.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Black Diamond is shattered.

The overwhelming evil ring will get befriended.

Anastasia

Okay, that's two opinions on loot. That leaves Eb and Yuth. What do you two think?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm all about shattering evil soul diamonds!

I... have no preference who gets the ring.

Corwin

Post-battle loot distribution:

Mundane weapons and armor totaling 12,495 gold.
Coins, precious metals and gems totaling 32,000 gold.
Fiery Ruby Chalice: 3,000 gold.
Dagger+1, ruby decorated: 2,000 gold.
Scroll of Maze: 3,000 gold.
Scroll of Erinyes Tangle: 1,650 gold.
Brazier of Commanding Fire Elementals: 100,000 gold.
Cube of Frost Resistance: 27,000 gold.
Black Diamond: While worth money, the gem has 10 tormented souls trapped within. They can be freed by shattering the gem.

As I posted before, the Black Diamond gets shattered with all due haste. The two maybe-artifact rings will not be calculated alongside this, in part because one of them is evil.

12,495 + 32,000 + 3,000 + 2,000 + 3,000 + 1,650 + 100,000 + 27,000 = 181,145gp

90,572.5gp goes to the Aurora Fund. It was already at 34,824.54gp, so the Aurora Fund is now 125,397.04gp.

The other half is divided 18 ways between Dana, Arrel, Stille, Balyss, Master, Ebony, Canderella, Adrian, Lief, Hanna, Afina, Jaela, Ithea, Muirfinn, Jarl, Gisfal, Crystal, Mirima

90,572.5 / 18 = 5,031.8gp each

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

-500gp to Yuth for True Seeing material components x2.

Books!
My life as a male pleasure slave: a story of the wild women of Jannath: 300 gold.
A list of 77 archangels: 700 gold.
Rituals of Mineral: 350 gold.
Stop! That's no female elf! How to avoid the trap of ambiguous elven appearances: 400 gold.
Funeral dirges for the second death: 800 gold.

My remaining funds: 1,130.97 + 5,031.8 - 500 - 2,550 = 3,112.77gp

I'll blow 3,000gp on Permanency: Mantle of Good and be left with 112.77gp.