News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Since Hanna and Balyss brought them back? Hanna thinks they're disgusting and deviant, but brought them in case there was meaning to them or some other relevance. Balyss more or less seconds that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

I don't really think Learned Helplessness is squicky. It's certainly not nice, but I don't quite find it on that level. I'd wonder if it wasn't a part of a series of paintings with Passion being part of the series as an aside (a follow-up of justice/revenge or some such? Is it the same artist, Dune?).

Herron is also in the not nice but not quite squicky category for me.

Apology seems mysoginistic, given the title, and is more borderline squick. I imagine that the Graceful Blow gang would find it offensive if we didn't burn that one.

I do agree about Relief, Demon's Offering and Triumph being damn squicky though. I also find Righteous Blasphemy pretty squicky, even if it involves Shar.

In general, Ithea wouldn't shed a tear over burning -any- of the paintings, honestly. She does suspect Dana would appreciate Passion and that Sylvie might actually like Righteous Blasphemy or at least want to be the one to burn Shar right out of the picture (she'd probably find it theraupetic or something).
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Also, Ithea has interest in the book Cyclone, the bloodstone/quartz chess set, the music box, and the feather quilt. Maybe the quilt will stop her from desiring a pillow made with Arrel's feathers.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on June 09, 2012, 11:13:42 PM
I don't really think Learned Helplessness is squicky. It's certainly not nice, but I don't quite find it on that level. I'd wonder if it wasn't a part of a series of paintings with Passion being part of the series as an aside (a follow-up of justice/revenge or some such? Is it the same artist, Dune?).

Do you or anyone you can ask have ranks in a relevant skill? Appraise, say?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Herron doesn't bother Muirfinn. Provided there's no depiction of sadism, glee, or evil on the face of the person casting the child into the river.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Crazy turtle man.

And I have no relevant skills there, Dune. That said, appraise is not trained only, so I can roll at +7 there. Muirfinn can roll at +6 and Afina at +9.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[21:36] <Merc> roll d20+7+3 appraise+inspiration!
[21:36] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+7+3 appraise+inspiration! and gets 25." [d20=15]

Anastasia

The style on all the paintings and tapestries looks like the same artist. Make an K:P check.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[21:37] <Merc> roll d20+32 K:P
[21:37] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+32 K:P and gets 36." [d20=4]

Anastasia

The artist is Ceral, a mad nalfeshnee artist from Pandemonium. He listens to the howling of the winds as he composes his masterpieces. His works prominently show violence with a flair for self mutilation and meaninglessness.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 09, 2012, 11:20:33 PM
Herron doesn't bother Muirfinn. Provided there's no depiction of sadism, glee, or evil on the face of the person casting the child into the river.

Whoops, missed this.

The man's face is stern and uncaring.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Yeah, that's not too bad. Woukd probably bother most people though.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 09, 2012, 04:11:26 AM
Like I was asking in #e, how about a cloak?

Well, it's metal. Not exactly the best material for a cloak, y'know? Afina's crafting is good enough to make it into that shape, but odds are it would be heavy/awkward. It would take half of the remaining metal.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I figure it'd be quilium-laden or whichever, not literally made of the metal itself, for the specific miss chance property like a cloak of displacement has (is that really so weird? mithral chain is apparently so nice you can wear it under your clothes without any problems). But if there's plenty left, do you mind making a breastplate from it, Eb?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake