Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

It's just Mind Blank, except 'psionic' because they wanted to be all special. Surely we can make a nonpsionic item instead?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Yuthirin

Is that really the same thing though?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The ring doesn't stop scrying. Scrying is a divination, the ring only stops mind-affecting.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Oh lord, we might actually need to pay full price for something!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 03, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
Amulet of the Restful Dead

Grants a +6 enhancement bonus to dexterity and a +2 sacred bonus to armor class. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer may gain the benefits of a greater heroism spell, caster level 11th.

Anyone want this or have a suggestion as to who it should go to? Preferably someone who is low on Dex/AC

Anastasia

Purely mechanically, Gisfal has the slot open and could use all the benefits.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sun Sphere

This glass sphere is roughly the size of an apple. Within it golden sunfire dances, shedding light equal to a daylight spell. If studied, the secrets of sunfire may be revealed. Such would require a smith of great skill and arcane knowledge, surely.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lunar Flower

This flower is silver/white and glistens with moonfire within. If studied, the secrets of moonfire may be revealed. Such would require a smith of great skill and arcane knowledge, surely.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The Lunar Flower and the Sun Sphere surely belong to the Aurora and not to Muirfinn. They will be give over for study.

Anastasia

The Lunar Flower and Sun Sphere were consumed by the studies, as noted in nagging.

On another note, Yuth, who's getting the amulet?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

If nobody has a better suggestion, it will go to Gisfal.

Corwin

Quote from: Ebiris on June 10, 2012, 12:58:08 PM
Aurora funds are now 369,988.34gp

Costs from the recent upgrade round: 4,500gp+62,000gp+4,700gp+12,900gp+21,500gp = 105,600gp

We're also purchasing Hador for 80,000gp from Filbrez.

Aurora funds are now at: 184,388.34gp

Corwin

Reminder about this.

Now that we own Hador, who is best suited for reforging it as a force against fiends? Hanna? Afina? Any checks we can make there on the blade to study its situation better?

On the Tannin Mind Blank-granting item, I assume we settled on the Ring of Mental Fortitude. In that case, I'm dipping into the Aurora funds to get 27,500gp (1/4th of 110,000gp) and pay for Tannin's item. In fact, how about also making him a reserve Ring of Plane Shift 1/day for a swift escape if need be? [1,800gpx5x9/5 = 16,200gp] If my math here is right, then it would cost us 4,050gp. Since Tannin doesn't have any stylish boots, perhaps he would prefer the item in that form instead?

The new Aurora fund is at: 184,388.34gp - 27,500gp -4,050gp = 152,838.34gp

Anastasia

The ring doesn't stop scrying as noted above. That's the point of the entire affair. Rest of the stuff later, but pointing that one out now.
<Afina> Forever.