Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, we'll deal with that then. Also don't you have those sorceresses waiting on you?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Must be a misunderstanding. I said I'd take the Aurora over and I presumed it was done off screen. If it needs to happen IC then let's do that first.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quick reminder: Remember to subtract expenses from the Aurora fund if you haven't already.

5.2 Expenses total

23,043 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

If I take the leaf, I don't get a share of the monetary loot, right?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Hold that thought a sec, just about to swing back through loot and sort it all out.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

It's kinda squirmy, but I'm holding as best as I can.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, as of right now things look like this.

27 people getting shares. The are: Afina, Jaela, Muirfinn, Ithea, Ebony, Crystal, Adrian, Arrel, Baleruk, Balyss, Canderella, Dana, Drena, Gisfal, Hanna, Kascha, Lief, Mei, Mirima, Misalea, Rosa, Sage Vul'lath, Simmer, Stille, Sylvie, Tannin, Tepen, The Jarl, The Master. Ebony and Crystal would get their shares when they come back, if they don't, we can figure where their shares end up instead.

It seems that claims are in lieu of taking a share of the gold, so bear that in mind. I'll post a revised list below.

Claims. I'm not counting evil items to be destroyed or purified here.

Muirfinn: Leaf of Yggdrasil.
Ithea: Tome of Intelligence+3.
Hanna: Nevertheless.
The Jarl: Huge Fullhammer+6, sundering. Grants a +3 bonus to sunder attempts, like a shatterspike longsword.
Adrian: Deadman's Helmet.

Assuming these simply count as a share despite value/being an artifact, that results in 22 people getting a share of treasure. They are Afina, Jaela, Ebony, Crystal, Arrel, Baleruk, Balyss, Canderella, Dana, Drena, Gisfal, Kascha, Lief, Mirima, Misalea, Rosa, Sage Vul'lath, Simmer, Stille, Sylvie, Tepen, The Master. If this is correct, calculate the revised shares based on claimed treasure and the number of people getting a share.

In addition, the following evil items are requested for purification or destruction.

1 Robe of the Necrolyte (Jaela)
Anaxar (Jaela)
Staff of the Jaded Heart (Muirfinn)
Skull of the Necropolis (Jaela, more on that in a sec.)
Necrocarnin (Sealed away)

Is that everything from that? If not say so.

---

There's a few more matters to. First of all, another call on what to do with Brink of Death. Anyone have any ideas at all or have interest in it, or think it would be good for someone? If this passes, he'll offer to sell it to Aurora for 50k so he can purchase his own upgrades. If not he'll see about dealing with it on his own terms in Princess Chan's court.

Second of all, there's the matter of the Skull of the Necropolis. Jaela, I presume you're dealing with it? If so, deduct the cost of 7 vials of holy water and a Scroll of Hallow. Once you do so I'll continue. Also, since it requires the blood of a celestial, which one is going to volunteer?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Wait, what, we're giving up shares?

The consistent thing we've done is that if something was priced and we want it, we pay it out of our shares if we can, or we give up our share if we can't. If it was priceless and someone got it, they just got it, but shares were still given.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Okay then. In that case?

Hanna and the Jarl give up their shares. Adrian will too. That leaves 24 of you getting shares.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Waiting on word if this is correct then, just FYI.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Previous Aurora fund was at 698,737.2gp. Subtracting expenses of 5.2+23,043gp. Subtracting 7 holy water vials+scroll of Hallow costs of 7x25+6,125gp.

New Aurora fund is at 669,389gp.

---

I'll use my own blood on the skull and just regen/heal myself afterwards if I need to.

Anastasia

Is loot correct now, by the way? I'm really waiting on a yes/no from someone.

---

On being immersed in holy water, smashed, blooded and scrolled, the Skull of the Necropolis glows with a colorless light. The black is leeched from the shards, the holy water slowly darkening into a blue-purple like blueberries and wine. As you watch it it slowly steeps, the fragments of the skull dissolving into the fluid. Over the next few hours the color becomes more intense, filling the room with the scent of fresh blueberries. When it is at last done it's a color that's as vibrant as any in Elysium.

Drought of Life

This drought carries the energies of life and the promises everlasting life after death, free from pain, suffering and the specter of death. If this drought is consumed by a good aligned mortal creature, they gain fast healing 3.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It would have made more sense to me to divide what we actually got in person between just us five (with the Aurora getting the standard half), considering the others all got trophies of their own, presumably just like us. Naturally, the actual treasure/loot is shared equally, since it's only fair.

This aside, how about putting the Aurora funds thing on halt in future divisions as we go into lvl20? It seems more than enough, there's little we actually want to get in way of improvements and we can probably afford it with what the Aurora has in its treasury now. If we ever run low on communal funds in the future, we can always just go on some fund-raising raid for the Aurora again.