Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Afina take 50k to make a cold axe.

Aurora fund at 287,075.72gp

Ebiris

We'll buy 40k worth of blue ice from the Mercane and ask Baleruk and Vul'lath to craft an appropriately flattering statue of Auril out of it. If anyone can cast skill buffs on them go for it.

Aurora fund now at 247,075.72gp.

Corwin

I'll imbue them with Divine Insight for +15 if applicable. Greater Heroism is good for +4.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Loot from the slaad dungeon, take 2.2

Mithral Holy Avenger: Despite being made of mithral instead of cold iron, the antimagic properties of the holy avenger are unchanged. How this works is giving Tepen and company fits. 120,630 gold.
Shortsword+2: 8,000 gold.
Boxed lunar mace/wand. - The qualities of this mace are unknown, as a paradoxical curse is laid on it. The mace is cursed to harm the holders if anyone but one person touches it, but it is also cursed to harm the holder if they hold it alone. The curse needs to be defeated for more information.
Opal Reflector corex2 - Afina can study these if she wishes.
Gold! Heaps and heaps of gold, to the tune of 183437 gold.

Balyss suggests that the Holy Avenger be given to one of Aurora's paladins (Jaela, Crystal, Stille). Sylvie doesn't much care.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Ithea's fine with the avenger going to one of them. Opal reflector cores were meant for Afina to play with, yes.

The mace/wand needs to be studied before we figure out what to do with it. I think it goes into Sylvie's custody for the time being since she likes to puzzle such things out, and I expect Kascha+Tepen wanting to study it as well.

Shortsword can be sold, and as for the gold, if there's no objection from Balyss/Sylvie, I figured we should give a "small" portion of that to the air elementals/Drena, though not sure what would be reasonable.

Ithea's debating if something like 5% of that (~9k gold) would be insulting or appreciated, and if it might be better to not give anything or to give more. It's something she'd like opinion on from Balyss/Sylvie (assuming again that they don't object).
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

Afina will conduct a feasibility study on the use and cost-efficiency of opal golems.

The mace should work for someone with multiple personality disorder. Or even someone that's possessed.

Anastasia

Sylvie would suggest 10% and Balyss thinks it's best not to give them any. Not that she's greedy, but it sets a bad example for the troops.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Hrm...okay, instead of monetary rewards, we'll split the loot between the three of us. Balyss still hasn't set up one of her great parties though (what a slacker!), so she should definitely set one up with an air theme.

Anyway, shortsword+gold split between Balyss, Sylvie and Ithea: 63,812.33 gold each.

Assuming at the moment someone else gets the holy avenger, but if it doesn't, we'll split that too. Are any of the Aurora paladins interested for that matter? Crystal would get the most out of it, though she's also small sized which may make it less worthwhile for her. Jaela and Stille both have pretty low paladin levels as well.

Anastasia

Crystal could get sizing on it if all else fails, or use it two handed (I think you can with a weapon +1 size, would have to check). She's interested. So's Stille, but if Jaela's interested she can have first crack. Crystal's particularly interested since she hates cold iron and a mithral holy avenger is much more agreeable.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Anastasia

I won't sort out loot from Cor's trip or Ithea's trip until after tomorrow. None of the NPCs who may gain anything from it look to be involved. Just a heads up.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's pretty true that a holy avenger wouldn't do me much good. It's a symbol of status more than anything since I'm focused on spears and I only have 5 paladin levels. Plus cold iron or mithral don't even bypass devil DR. If I got one I'd probably keep it, but it's not like I can just take the most valuable thing from someone else merely because I'm a PC.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on October 12, 2012, 04:58:06 PM
We'll buy 40k worth of blue ice from the Mercane and ask Baleruk and Vul'lath to craft an appropriately flattering statue of Auril out of it. If anyone can cast skill buffs on them go for it.

Aurora fund now at 247,075.72gp.

Okay. Rolling this real quick.

> roll 1d20+37+4+15 Baleruk
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+37+4+15 Baleruk and gets 68." [1d20=12]
> roll 1d20+30+4+15 Tepen
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+30+4+15 Yes he is. and gets 57." [1d20=8]

The statue comes out very well - icy and cold, but undeniably beautiful. Baleruk seems more or less pleased with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Dune, if I added the "casting glove" effect (MiC84) to my current gloves, would I be able to use Arcanum XII through them?

Casting glove says you can activate an item as if you were holding it in your hand, but Arcanum XII has "the holder may read a passage" as part of the activation text, which I suspect means Casting Gloves don't work in this particular case. If they don't, then I probably will pass on Arcanum XII.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on October 14, 2012, 10:18:30 PM
Dune, if I added the "casting glove" effect (MiC84) to my current gloves, would I be able to use Arcanum XII through them?

Casting glove says you can activate an item as if you were holding it in your hand, but Arcanum XII has "the holder may read a passage" as part of the activation text, which I suspect means Casting Gloves don't work in this particular case. If they don't, then I probably will pass on Arcanum XII.

Yeah, you have to read a passage from it. It wouldn't work with the casting gloves 'cause of that. Okay. I'll assume you pass on it, speak up if you change your mind when you see this.
<Afina> Forever.