News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Really selling her armour and buying new armour is way more cost effective than just upgrading/reforging the old stuff, though it could be abused.

Anyway, easy solution is to use silken ceremonial armour which is +1 AC with no max dex cap.

Alternatively between nimbleness, mithral, and superior craftsmanship (with lots of buffs) Afina could semi-reliably make a breastplate with a +12 dex cap. That skips out on other goodies she could be adding to armour, though I'll note that the enhanced craftsmanship with armour lets increased armour bonuses stack with magical enhancement bonuses, while enhanced craftsmanship with weapons overlaps the same as masterwork does. Is that intentional?

Anastasia

Well played, Merc. Well played.

---

It is. Armors generally need help competing with bracers of armor in epic, while weapons don't have that problem. It's a bit easier to add max dex than raw extra AC to armor, as the latter's meant to reward lower Dex characters in heavy armor.

Also I'm not keen on borrowing that from Pathfinder.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

I asked you about it before and you said yes. But anyway, gnome twist cloth from Races of Stone is basically the same.

Anastasia

For style reasons she'd prefer to use actual armor. She does try to be a knight in shining armor, wearing silk or cloth doesn't fit that image. Hence wanting actual armor of some sort.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

If Crystal can lend Afina 95gp Afina will make an item to give her a +10 competence bonus to craft (armour). That's 10k, or 2.5k after the discount which wipes Afina's funds. She'll surely get more from Lixer soon anyway.

She'll then use limited wished divine insight and a limited wished improvisation to boost her skills (+15 insight and +11 luck respectively) with Moore hopefully using inspire competence for +8 morale and song of fortune for +5 circumstance get a total modifier of +35+10+15+11+8+5. Taking 10 gives her a result of 94.

The DC for a breasplate is a trivial 15 which doesn't require buffing, so all those buffs are going to the masterwork component which is getting epic armour traits added on. Masterwork base DC is 20, then

Breastplate max dex is 3, mithral makes that 5, so to get the desired max dex cap of 11 with her dex of 32 requires a crafting DC of 80 which we comfortably meet. We'll bump the dex cap up to 12 in case she gets buffed though.

That's a base price of 4,350gp, one third of which is paid when crafting so 1,450gp to make incredibly unrestrictive armour without just throwing up our hands and cheating like those angels do with their celestial armour.

If Crystal sells her old armour it should be worth 8k for healing, 2k for commanding, and 8,150 for millenial so 18,150gp to play with in addition to her current funds of 11,948.9 (minus the 95gp she lent Afina earlier) so she has 30,003.9gp, minus 1,450gp for the base armour. 28,553.9 gp left. That's 114,215gp in 'real' money considering the discount we enjoy on enchantments. Enough for a +8 armour and a +5 lance with. (215.9gp available for the base weapon of the lance)

Since she's trusting Afina to outfit her, she takes it on herself to determine these enchantments. The armour gets +5, ghost ward (+1), styptic (+1), (those two are in the MiC) and light fortification (+1). It will be called Brygncas in keeping with Afina's unique naming conventions.

Brygncas (superior small breastplate +5, styptic, ghost ward, and light fortification)
This small breastplate is of phenomenally elegant construction, its gleaming metal plates offering the least hindrance to its wearer's movements as they flow around the figure more like something living than unyielding metal, giving it a maximum dexterity bonus of 12. Despite its light build, the shimmering metal is able to ward off potentially fatal blows, while also deterring the attacks of spectres and other incorporeal foes. In addition it holds fast over any wounds that do get past its formidable defences to prevent blood loss from bleeding attacks as devils are fond of, and even has a chance of preventing a vampire's blood drain or the effects of a wounding weapon.

With what's left she'll make a masterwork small lance out of alchemical silver for 163.33gp, the craft check is trivial for her and not worth mentioning. So lets give it improved critical multiplier, that needs a DC of 60 which is easily hit by taking ten with base ranks of +35 and limited wished divine insight for +15 to hit 60 on the nose.

This just gets a basic enchantment of +3 and holy (+2), and Afina will call it Hywlythtor

Hywlythtor (superior small lance +3, holy)
This pixie-sized lance is just right for any fey cavalry, its design manifestly simple and straightforward as befitting a weapon for blunt charges, but while its tip is as sharp as a needle there are notches carved down the middle of its length like a reverse arrowhead, ensuring any blows that hit deep will deal severe damage. This increases its critical multiplier to x4.

That leaves Crystal with 52.27gp.

If she can scrape together another 364gp from somewhere Afina can make the lance out of shiftsilver instead of alchemical silver (base price of 526.66gp rather than 163.33 for the alchemical). This lacks the -1 damage that alchemical silver has, and also does +2 bonus damage to anything with damage reduction x/silver.

Nephrite

Moore would be fine chipping in on any extra costs since this is the first time he's gotten to see Afina work and Crystal's a pal.

If it matters, he also can give a +5 Insight bonus once a day (YMMV on if that's allowed on something that's really over a period of time) That's covered by Moment of Prescience so nevermind. He can also do +5 circumstance through Song of Fortune. 

Anastasia

It all looks pretty good, Eb. Queen Ilsenine will make it quietly known that she would be appreciative if Moore paid the 364 gold for shiftsilver.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore will pay the requested amount!

19629.25 - 364 = 19265.25

Anastasia

Crystal pays all her money and her millenial chain mail. It's posted here for posterity.

Millennium Chainmail, healing and commanding: Chainmail+1, max dex cap +8. Heals 2d8+5 HP if reduced to -1 to -9 HP. +2 competence bonus to diplomacy, +1 morale bonus to will saves of allies within 30ft.

Crystal's updated and give Afina her thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Posting may be slow to start today, stomach bug on top of everything else.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia on February 02, 2016, 12:12:06 AM
Okay, assuming armor's fair game, let's look at who would want what.

Adrian has a mithral breastplate+5, heavy fortification. He want improved armor bonus, as his Dex mod is +5 and his armor allows that much.

Dana has lightblood full plate+10, nimbleness. She has three points of Dex being unused, so boosting that up would help. She has the deflective armor feat, so the touch AC add on isn't needed. Her armor's done with straight + bonuses from magic, so boosting her max Dex and eventually armor bonus with this makes sense.

Balyss is more or less in the same boat as Dana. Note that her armor already has the AC to touch AC thing, it would count as already being applied and count against whatever armor improvements are made.

Morniel in theory, but he's rarely involved in combat.

Mirajane could use more max Dex.

Rosa has mithral Full Plate+5, nimbleness and heavy fortification. She has 5 points of Dex unused, the improvement is obvious.

Okay, assuming Afina buffs up and gets aid as she did with Crystal's armour, taking 10 nets her 94. Minus the masterwork baseline of 20 that gives 74 points to play with.

Adrian has a mithral breastplate+5, heavy fortification. He want improved armor bonus, as his Dex mod is +5 and his armor allows that much.

Adrian gets improved armour bonus with +3 armour to get a breast plate as good as full plate. DC 80 to make.

Dana has lightblood full plate+10, nimbleness. She has three points of Dex being unused, so boosting that up would help. She has the deflective armor feat, so the touch AC add on isn't needed. Her armor's done with straight + bonuses from magic, so boosting her max Dex and eventually armor bonus with this makes sense.

Dana gets her dex bonus boosted by 3 points and then 2 points of armour improvement. DC 90 to make.

Balyss is more or less in the same boat as Dana. Note that her armor already has the AC to touch AC thing, it would count as already being applied and count against whatever armor improvements are made.

Balyss has a base DC of 60 before modding her armour since it has the ethereal quality, so 3 points of max dex increased. DC 90 to make.

Rosa has mithral Full Plate+5, nimbleness and heavy fortification. She has 5 points of Dex unused, the improvement is obvious.

Rosa gets 5 points of max dex increased and then 1 point of armour increase. DC 90 to make.

Mirajane could use more max Dex.

I have to look her up sheet *grumble*. She has an ordinary breastplate, not even mithral. Still, Afina works with what she has. 4 points of max dex increase and 1 point of armour bonus. DC 80 to make.

Morniel in theory, but he's rarely involved in combat.

Morniel has 36 dex and an ordinary breastplate. He can come back when he at least invests in mithral, although trading down to something lighter is more likely to be in his best interests.

Iron Dragoon

Need to pick up a bag of Everlasting Rations and an Everfull Mug. 350 gp and 800 gp, respectively. With discounts, that's 87.5 gp and 200 gp respectively, leaving me with 45,349.5 gp.

I'm open to suggestions for additional items.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 02, 2016, 01:43:39 PM
Need to pick up a bag of Everlasting Rations and an Everfull Mug. 350 gp and 800 gp, respectively. With discounts, that's 87.5 gp and 200 gp respectively, leaving me with 45,349.5 gp.

I'm open to suggestions for additional items.

A few wands or staves that fill niches for you could help.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Before Ithea heads out, she'll want to pick up Permanency for Greater Blindsight, same as Jaela. Level 4 spell, so 4k gold, I think.

Also, she wants to boost the Gate bracelet from 1/day to 3/day and increase CL. Here is the original post on the item:
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1039999.html#msg1039999

Not entirely sure how the base price was calculated so not sure how to adjust it for extra uses/day or what's the highest CL it can be increased to.

If you can adjust it yourself based on above post and the changes above, fabulous.

Ithea also wants to pick up 3x scrolls of sending since she's used up hers.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.