Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

So it looks like if I stick with 17 for now:

9*17*2000 = 306000

2/day, so 5/2 - 2.5

306000/2.5 = 122400

122400 * .25 = 30600

Is that right?

Nephrite

Presuming it is, Moore is left with 7608 gold and some change, but is +1

"Vul'lath's Relief" - This item, shaped and made into what amounts to a small flute, cannot in fact be used as a flute at all, but when activated can be used to cast Gate twice per day at caster level 17th.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Nephrite on June 01, 2016, 09:01:36 PM
"Vul'lath's Relief"

I probably laughed harder than I should have at this. I can just imagine Vul'lath's dour face.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yes, being an archmage turns out you're reduced to casting gate and other travel spells a lot. I'd be grumpy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Chest 1: Stuffed full of platinum coins inlaid with clear white gemstones.
Chest 2: Full of sea-blue gemstones, just heaped in there.
Chest 3: Contains a single rod, broken into three segments. It's made of solid steel and the pieces look like they fit together.
Chest 4: Contains a several ingots of what looks to be steel or something similar.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Chest 5: Full of sheets of paper with writing in Aquan. An examination indicates they're deeds of ownership for a variety of holdings all around Water.
Chest 6: Stuffed with pieces of brightly colored and polished coral of all types and sizes.
Chest 7: Contains a medium longspear made of blue metal and pink wood. It's joined by a single gold coin besides it.
Chest 8: Purple gemstones, tons of them.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Platinum coins inlaid with gems: A rare collection of artistic coins made by the dao. The exact smith isn't clear (no maker's mark, unfortunately), but the value is considerable nonetheless. 94,100 gold.
A big pile of sea sapphires, rarely occurring gemstones from certain parts of Water: 172,000 gold.

The three part rod is a rod of the paths, an epic rod of considerable potency to travelers. However, it must be reassembled by a skilled item crafter that succeeds on a Craft (Weaponsmithing) check of unknown but high difficulty. It's worth over 300k if successfully and fully recombined.

Ingots of Earthbone Steel. This materials is extraordinarily rare and extremely powerful. There is enough here for one weapon, half of one breastplate or one third of a heavier set of armor. This doesn't have any set price, as getting any at all is remarkably difficult. More information can be read here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103074.msg1050699.html#msg1050699

The deeds look to be valid (and magically enchanted for identification and veracity) deeds to several manors and properties all about marid holdings in Water. You aren't sure how valid they are after all this time. Further investigation is needed.

A collection of the finest corals: 148,000 gold.

The longspear and coin resist typical identification efforts. Odd.

Amethysts: 83,000 gold.

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The rod and the long spear are very interesting.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 04, 2016, 12:23:28 AM
The rod and the long spear are very interesting.

They are, quite so. It remains to be seen what you'll do with them.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

As it stands, not counting the ingots, deeds, spear/coin, or rod, we're at a total of 497,100gp in value. Split for Jaela, Kascha, Ebony, and Surraruthru, that's 124,275gp each. If we split it 5 ways, one for Aurora tax, it's 99,420gp each.

The rod is worth over 300k, the ingots are priceless, the deeds require investigation, the longspear and coin require investigation/identification.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Assuming there's a lot of deeds, let's keep one each as a memento and then follow Iddy's suggestion of gifting the lot to the Aurora to more than cover the Aurora share after investigating the holdings?

I like the ingots, but we don't have enough for an armor. Iddy, can we keep them in case we ever find more? Once there's enough for full plate, I'm sure we could work out some sort of deal/compensation.

I'll investigate the spear and the coin. In fact, by following Antenora's advice. Did we try to Legend Lore each?

The rod is cool but let's get it fixed and sell it?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

I'm good with all of that except the rod. Let's get it repaired and decide from there. If it's epic and does cool stuff, we may be able to use it for troop deployment or some kind of Aurora upgrade. Let's get it rebuilt and find out what it does before we decide.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

It's a rod of the path, just google rod of the path  :)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite