News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Does Moore want to commit himself to only doing this for the next two weeks?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

I wasn't aware these were things that had to be solely focused on for the entire duration. Is that how it's been done in the past, with the PC or NPC working on it being completely unavailable for that timespan?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Okay. He'll help out with the prismatic wall one then, since that's the most expensive and thus the one we'd save the most on.

In that case I believe it reduces the cost to 50400.

Nephrite

50400+9,500+28,000 = 87900

In addition, we're also making Afina's ninja golems, yes? So that's 150,000 also.

I believe that reduces the fund from 314,737.31 to 76,837.31, can someone verify please?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 11, 2017, 10:27:25 AMNope, there's a Ring of Spell Storing, Minor, Major, ect. in the MiC. I've seen references to it being listed in the DMG v3.5, too. Honestly, my intent is to get something with x number of charges, or rechargeable, for Duelward/Battlemagic Perception. Not something I can use an unlimited times per day or anything, but maybe two or three times a day. Or once, if balance calls for it.

The proviso about the ring casting time being a standard action is a good one to prevent a few possible abuses. That being said, if you want purely x number of times per day, just make a custom wondrous item that does that and work from there. Part of the price of a ring of spell storing is the flexibility.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 11, 2017, 01:51:02 PM
What would the cost be to increase the initiative bonus on these by an additional +4?

Bracers of the Hunter, 45,950gp: +15 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, +2 competence bonus on Initiative checks; Wand Holster

Edit: Okay, the Warning enchantment from MIC page 46, gives a +5 insight bonus to initiative and is listed as a +1 bonus price. It's a weapon enchantment, though, so we're looking at... 1^2x2000x1.5(MIC)x1.5(off-slot)x1.5(adding)=6,750gp. I dunno what, if any, rules are out that about having different bonus types on a single item, so I can add it to whatever you want.

It's a weapon enchantment, so it can only be held by a weapon.  Your bracers aren't a weapon so they don't qualify for it.

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on March 14, 2017, 10:42:26 PM
It's a weapon enchantment, so it can only be held by a weapon.  Your bracers aren't a weapon so they don't qualify for it.

Alrighty. What about bumping the initiative bonus already on the bracers by 4 or 5?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

What was the baseline item for the init boost?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Bracers of the Hunter (8,500 gp) +5 competence bonus on Hide checks, +2 competence bonus on initiative checks and +1d6 damage to sneak attack or sudden strike.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I found it on that bargain bin list.

I'm seeing it listed as.. Secrets of Xen'Drik?

Anastasia

Okay, this will take time to run some numbers and I'm already working on a Cor project at the moment. Do you need this done before you get Surraruthru rolling?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Not if I can just add it later. It'll be semi-important for combat, but not ultra important.

The only other pending loot thing is if I can sell any of my gear to a Hydra. I dunno if they have or accrued any monies. If not, I'll just sell my stuff normally and go from there.

Anastasia

They have a bit of cash - war spoils mostly. I don't get into that sort of thing since it's a level of granularity that's not useful for this game, but they could muster several thousand gold if needed.
<Afina> Forever.